PDA

View Full Version : First hair compliment from a stranger!

Eireann
January 6th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Hi! I've been away from the forum for a while because I have a new job with a shared office, so spend less time on the web. I'm back today to crow about my first unsolicited hair comment from a stranger! I was getting dressed at the locker room of the pool after swimming, and I was blow-drying my hair (I know. .. I know, but I don't like going out with soaking wet hair.) There was an older lady nearby who said that she used to have long hair when she was younger and that mine was "just lovely." I told her she made my day, and that surprised her! To me, it means my hair not only looks well cared-for (despite the blow-frying, lol) but also that it's long enough that it's out of the ordinary. At big landmark for me! :cheese:

Gumball
January 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM
It's always great to get complimented by someone. The boost you get is awesome. Whoohoo and congrats!

TheKnight'sLady
January 6th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Yay! Congrats to you :)

embee
January 6th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Nice! Especially from someone who used to be a longhair. That says more, somehow. :)

Little_Bird
January 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah, those comments make a people's day! :cloud9: I have had some of them, but not right out of nowhere as you had ;) It surely sounds like one of those nice ladies... She'd be happy she made your day! :D

enfys
January 6th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Nice! Especially from someone who used to be a longhair. That says more, somehow. :)

Yes, like there's an understanding and respect between you. She understands more how much work it takes you to keep it fab.

Oh, and if I were you I'd have been blowdrying too!

feralnature
January 6th, 2010, 02:58 PM
How wonderful! it means alot when you take such good care of it and then someone else notices it :)

Last weekend I was bending over and combing my hair out with a large tooth comb. My mother was there and said "I just can't look away from you combing out your long pretty hair". Yes, it was my mom, but it felt nice that my hair was comment-worthy.

kimki
January 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Yay congrats to you :flowers: its always nice to get a compliment.

camirra555
January 6th, 2010, 04:17 PM
That's a nice story! Makes you feel like all your hard work is paying off :)

Coriander
January 6th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Congratulations! It's always a lovely thing to receive a hair compliment.

JamieLeigh
January 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Awesome compliment! I hear a lot of "I had hair that long when I was your age..." and it's usually from women with the tall, curly, typical elderly-woman hairdo. I always have to wonder why they cut, and why they feel their current hairstyle is better. :eek: But I never ask.....lol.

Beets
January 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM
How cool! It's so nice to make cross-generational connections. It feels, to me, like you're reaching across the web of life when that happens.