PDA

View Full Version : French Braid in a new Flavor

karenpetal
April 27th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Hey Folks
I was going to try some new style - today being lazy sunday and my experiment day - U found this online and loooks goegeous but not sure how to do it - what do folks think abt it -
Anyone with instructions on this I tried something but made a mess of it

Regards

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68056468@N00/299004372/in/photostream/

Anje
April 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Wow. THICK hair on that woman!

You know how to do a 2-strand rope braid, right? (Twist both strands to the right, cross the right one over the left one, repeat.)

To do a French rope, you do this once at the top of the head with a little hair gathered, just as you would for a French braid. Next, gather a section of hair from each side, incorporate it into the nearest of the two strands of hair, then twist and cross over again. Repeat until you have a nice rope braid going down your head.

You can also do 3 (or more, I suppose) strand rope braids. To french-ify these, just add the new hair to the outermost sections of the rope braid, twist, and cross. (ETA: From the look, I'd say hers is a 3-strand rope. Besides, that's the one that's outlined in the Hair book she references.) I do find these a bit tricky to do to myself, as I have difficulty keeping sections twisted, but your luck and skill may give you much better results than I have.

Saranne772
April 27th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Wow Pretty!! I must try sometime :D

Gumball
April 27th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I love the french rope. I can only do a regular rope braid on myself but I can do a french rope on other people. I got so used to doing it in one direction it really was a task getting used to doing a rope in the opposite direction. It is just like doing a regular rope braid, just adding sections of hair to each side of the rope as you go. Good luck with it! :eek:

eadwine
April 27th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Wow, such hair.

I should give that thing a try and see if I can replicate it hihi. Will be much thinner though!

HeavenlyTresses
April 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I did one a long time ago but kinda gave up since my rope braids look a mess after an hour. I also do one on each side, like a hair roll just above my ears and they combine into one rope braid in the back. I'll have to make one and post a pic for you.

Good luck and here's a link to some instructions:

http://dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/Twist.htm

frizzinator
April 27th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Every time you add hair on both sides (as in a regular french braid), you twist them as well ....twisting in the same direction, and crossing over two strands as you braid, instead of just one (as in a regular french braid).

cindy58
April 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Wow, she has a mega head of hair. Great color and amazing thickness!

squiggyflop
April 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
i have never seen a braid that thick! im so jealous.. i dont think ive ever been this jealous before.. wow my hair is awful in comparison... *looks down at hair* mine looks so thin now... pretty braid... i looked at her whole album and im also really envious of her other do's.. not to mention her talent at crafting...

Wavelength
April 27th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Beautiful hair... gorgeous colour... I'd kill for a braid that thick! Definitely jealous!

thetokenlady
April 27th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I just tried one of these braids and while it wasn't too difficult, it was harder than a regular French Braid. Getting the extra bits in from the side while twisting and trying to keep everything from tangling together was....a challenge. I won't even talk about the thickness of her braid versus mine, nope, not gonna go there. My braid looks pathetic next to hers.

A French Rope is doable though.