PDA

View Full Version : Do you use Cellophane colors over henna?

morningstar
January 6th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I have been using henna for almost 3 years. I started to cover the gray. It has been wonderful but now the gray is coming in thicker and I have a lighter cat lady streak of orangy reds.

I love the chocolate cherry color of my ends and length. I am thinking of using Sabastiens' Cellophanes over my roots to redden them. They are temp colors. My mom gave me Wine and Black Orchid and also a bottle of Jazzing in fushia she had. (former beautician) Black Orchid is too dark for me now days.

I am thinking of this as a henna helper.
for the roots only and to comb it in to blend. My hair is pretty dark now. I don't want to use harsh dyes on my hair but this seems pretty safe for my roots.

Any opinions on this? I am a painter and I do feel pretty comfortable with even mixing a tiny part of the Black Orchid with the Wine.

burns_erin
January 6th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I have used temp colors over henna and can't see any reason not to. And since they are temps, by their nature it is going to come out so I would say experiment away.

ETA: Just make sure your henna is real henna.

morningstar
January 6th, 2010, 10:48 AM
;) I only use BAQ henna. I started with Rajasthani and switched over to Jamila. Not sure what I want to try next.