PDA

View Full Version : Warning!! Someone on Portland bus cutting women's hair!

Airmide
January 5th, 2010, 12:25 AM
There have been several incidents of women in Portland Oregon having their hair cut by a man on buses. They are thinking he is the one behind all of incidents but they don't know for sure. So where ever you are, PLEASE be careful with your hair and your surroundings.

<links removed - see this announcement (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/announcement.php?f=31&a=5)>

justme
January 5th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I still can't fathom why this isn't assault instead of harassment. I actually think things like this affect women with more common lengths like shoulder and brastrap as they are more likely to wear their hair down and be as aware of where it is.

If I caught someone doing this to me I'm not sure if I would restrain myself or kick the crap out of the person responsible. Then I'd be charged with assault. :rolleyes:

Isa-belle
January 5th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Scary. shudder:
Justme I had the exact same response on reading the article: harassment and not assault - huh? :bigeyes:

Airmide
January 5th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I totally agree. I looked up the definition of assault. Here is the wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault#United_States sure seems to me like it fits the definition! But he was charged with several things including robbery and harassment a couple of which were felonies.

I don't understand how everyone (outside of LHC) doesn't realize how serious this is. 1. it could very likely be someone who is mentally ill and/or working up to even more violent crimes (especially considering his prior arrest in Texas for burglary with intent to commit a sex crime) and 2. A lot (probably nearly all) women (and men) would feel violated by this. What if this happened to someone for whom hair cutting was against their religion or spiritual beliefs?

My husband just pointed out that the guy knew to ask if it was a felony charge, so he probably thought he could get away with some smaller crimes while working up to something bigger. Also he is collecting trophies!

ShadowSwallow
January 5th, 2010, 01:08 AM
I'm not a mod, but I do know that those links will be deleted and posting hair cutting stories is now against the TOS. :flower:

However, that is deeply creepy and it very much sounds like he's working up. shudder:

LittleOrca
January 5th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Thankfully I don't ride Trimet often or without my fiance.

ljkforu
January 5th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Thank goodness I know what he looks like. I ride the buses all the time. I often cover my hair. I think I'll be better about wearing hijabs to protect my hair.

There have been several incidents of women in Portland Oregon having their hair cut by a man on buses. They are thinking he is the one behind all of incidents but they don't know for sure. So where ever you are, PLEASE be careful with your hair and your surroundings.

<links removed - >
see this announcement (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/announcement.php?f=31&a=5)

otherarrow
January 5th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Oh my goodness, how scary! shudder:
Glad I don't use public transportation that often. He can try and catch me on my bike kekeke!

But seriously no matter what your length that will ruin your hair... Wonder why he is doing it though:confused:

Sammich
January 5th, 2010, 04:04 AM
That's so terrifying to think about... Thank god I don't live there. o_o Jeeze. I'd be paranoid all day nevermind on the bus! :p
I'd probably bun it and sit at the very back of the bus, OR I'd not sit in front of anyone. :)

ShadowSwallow
January 5th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Um... f*tish, definitely. ;)