PDA

View Full Version : 8 months of braid progress! (pictures)

squiggyflop
April 27th, 2008, 12:41 PM
here is me about a week before i joined lhc... ive got like 6 different colors of hair... the top where it looks red is actually neon pink that never faded out completely and turned a weird red color.. my hair was still too short for a single braid so i had to do piggy tail braids... ugh i had horrible bangs that i had to wear headbands to keep out of my eyes and off my face during the summer..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/mecampblurface.jpg
here is my very first single braid.. go ahead and laugh.. you know you want to.. it was stubby and weird looking..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/firstsinglebraidcopy.jpg
ok so here is my hair today... my hair is wet in the picture... i wanted to braid it today because it was cold wet all over me.. burrrr... now just a small portion of my neck/back is wet... i really miss those 2 inches i cut off earlier this month when i look at my braid.. infact i miss all 4 inches of length ive cut off since joining lhc.. imagine my braid 4 inches longer.. *squeal* i would be hip length!... oh how i wish i could have gone from shoulder to hip in 8 months but quality over quantity.. those ends were really damaged and had to be attacked by the scissors:luke: in order to save the rest of the hair... die damage die!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/braidapril27th2008.jpg

ShadowSwallow
April 27th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Oh my goodness! :agape:

Your braid is so amazing, and shiny, and healthy!

fleurdelis
April 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Actually, my braid (that I found out like three weeks ago that I can do...) is looking like a hybrid between your first and recent braid...Your first braid id fine, mine were worst..expetially when I try to do it my self...now I just ask mummy. But you second braid is really pretty. And just to add..I founf that I can do two braids after I found I can single one :rolleyes:

Periwinkle
April 27th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Wow. Your hair is gorgeous!

Believe me, my first attempts at braids were worse. Now, I can do French braids and stuff, but I still can't do a bog-standard boring ordinary plait.

squiggyflop
April 27th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Oh my goodness! :agape:

Your braid is so amazing, and shiny, and healthy!
thanks!
yeah its only that shiny because it was wet... my hair is alot lighter than that too.. for some reason it always looks really dark when wet

spidermom
April 27th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Looking good SF. Don't give those 4 inches that you cut another thought. Damage often means hair breaking off so much that it won't grow longer. Your hair is obviously growing and looking very pretty too.

eadwine
April 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I have been looking at it, and (just given your comment in my braid bump topic hehe) it seems your hair is a bit thicker than mine. That helps with the looks; thinner = more bumps = looks longer :)

Yours looks really nice, and whoa color!

Saranne772
April 27th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Wooo progress!! And what a change in healthiess from the 1st picture to now :D Congratulations :D

karenpetal
April 27th, 2008, 02:18 PM
wow your braid looks gorgeous ... you have sooo much hair improvement - way to gooooo

MissHair
April 27th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Your hair has grown really fast and I must say, your braid is SO thick. Congrats!

Gumball
April 27th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Wow. Impressive and wondrous progress, squiggyflop! I'm completely in awe over the pictures. You have beautiful hair. That four inches will be gained back soon. No worries there.

squiggyflop
April 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Looking good SF. Don't give those 4 inches that you cut another thought. Damage often means hair breaking off so much that it won't grow longer. Your hair is obviously growing and looking very pretty too.
i know i shouldnt think about it but if only i had never bleached my hair in the first place! i wouldnt have had all that damage... why did i do that to my hair! sure the neon haircolors looked cool but my poor hair suffered and had to be chopped... not to mention the layers that looked cute when i was bsl that looked awful when i hit waist... as you can see in my siggy... i still have alot of bleach damage that i have to eventually cut off... i wish i could have virgin hair that wasnt so bleach damaged... i bet if i hadnt colored it i would be at least waist now even with the trim to even up the ends a bit...

I have been looking at it, and (just given your comment in my braid bump topic hehe) it seems your hair is a bit thicker than mine. That helps with the looks; thinner = more bumps = looks longer :)
Yours looks really nice, and whoa color!
thats weird because i always thought your hair looked thicker than mine in your pictures of your hair down..

Wooo progress!! And what a change in healthiess from the 1st picture to now :D Congratulations :D
thank you! i really had to change alot of stuff in my everyday routine to get it to be that healthy... one thing was that i kept myself from dyeing my hair pink/purple/blue/basicly every color but black... that was pretty hard to give up.. but i have to grow up some time...

wow your braid looks gorgeous ... you have sooo much hair improvement - way to gooooo

Your hair has grown really fast and I must say, your braid is SO thick. Congrats!
hmmm i never really think of my hair as thick... my pony tail is barely 3.5 inches so im smack dab in the middle of ii.

Wow. Impressive and wondrous progress, squiggyflop! I'm completely in awe over the pictures. You have beautiful hair. That four inches will be gained back soon. No worries there.
:oops: you sure do know how to make a girl blush:cheese:.. thank you! i know that the inches will grow back but it will take months... maybe even 8 more months if it grows a half inch a month.. at my hairs fastest rate it would take 4 months but i dont think my hair is growing its fastest right now..

eadwine
April 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
thats weird because i always thought your hair looked thicker than mine in your pictures of your hair down..
Don't judge on that ;)

What is your circumference? Mine is in my siggie.

Amalthea
April 27th, 2008, 04:13 PM
What a beautiful thick braid you have now! I wish mine looked like that. :)

squiggyflop
April 27th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Don't judge on that ;)

What is your circumference? Mine is in my siggie.
as i said in the earlier post mine is barely 3.5inches.. yeah i guess mines thicker than yours but your nice straight hair makes me really envious.. straight hair always seems to look thicker to me.. mine sort of clumps together... i know your hair is only a little straighter than mine but it looks like a huge difference

eadwine
April 28th, 2008, 12:11 AM
*giggles* Not straight here though, wavy with really long corkscrew like hair stretched out. What you see is combed hair in my siggie pics :)

Quite funny that I think that curlish hair looks thicker.. maybe it has to do with the other side of the fence thing hehe.

squiggyflop
April 28th, 2008, 06:24 AM
*giggles* Not straight here though, wavy with really long corkscrew like hair stretched out. What you see is combed hair in my siggie pics :)

Quite funny that I think that curlish hair looks thicker.. maybe it has to do with the other side of the fence thing hehe.
yup its aways greener on the other side.. in real life i seldom see anyone who is my age with wavy/curly hair they all flat iron it every morning.. i also seldom see braids..

lora410
April 28th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Wooow it looks gorgeous!!!! Hey just be thankful your not slowly growing along. I'd love to have your growth rate, but I am a spurt grower and you seem to be a continuous grower!You will be at hip in not time and that braid looks extremely healthy!!!

China Cat Sunflower
April 28th, 2008, 06:58 AM
looks great :)

DavidN
April 28th, 2008, 07:02 AM
What a delightful braid, Squiggyflop, so thick and healthy, and I love the colour!:flowers:

Patrycja
April 28th, 2008, 07:54 AM
So shiny and that's one thick braid!

I think you did the right thing by trimming.I agree with the quality over quanity ;)

Blueglass
April 28th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I really like the shine and the color.

lil_irish_angel
April 28th, 2008, 08:25 AM
what a diffrence....good for you deary...

squiggyflop
April 28th, 2008, 08:25 AM
thanks everyone!:)
i just looked in at my photo album and im back to where i was in february except i have less braid taper.. perhaps in june ill be back at waist... ooo i bet my braid will look awesome then...*squirms with anticipation* i cant wait to be able to say that im waist again.. 28 inches here i come! i loved my little debate thread on whether or not i hit waist in march.. ooo i wonder how long my hair has to be to have a waist length braid.. :)

morningstar
April 28th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Wow what a great color and great braid too. Keep doing what your doing cause it looks great!
Although your face is blurred I think you have a cute face too!

squiggyflop
April 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Wow what a great color and great braid too. Keep doing what your doing cause it looks great!
Although your face is blurred I think you have a cute face too!
thanks!! he he he.. you have to look at my albums to see what i look like! non members cant see me! lol! yeah non members can browse this area of the site and i dont want any creepy people knowing what i look like just trusted members.. at least i think that non members cant see the albums.. can they?

epiphanee
April 28th, 2008, 04:20 PM
You have lovely hair squiggyflop. It will look even more stunning as it gets longer.

Ella
April 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
What a gorgeous braid and with your colour too

squiggyflop
April 29th, 2008, 07:36 AM
You have lovely hair squiggyflop. It will look even more stunning as it gets longer.
thankyou! as my hair gets longer i tend to put it in braids more often to keep it from tangling too much.. i figure that a year from now that will be my hairstyle every day.. braids look softer than buns and im already intimidating enough without my hair in a bun..

What a gorgeous braid and with your colour too
thankyou:).. the color isnt really acurate in the picture though because my hair is damp in it.. my hair gets darker when its wet..

KajiKodomo
April 29th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Beautiful! I can't wait for my hair to grow longer so that I can have a braid that will actually hold (with my layers now, it gets really loose within 5 minutes or so, no matter how tightly I braid it)!

Congrats on the growth!

Stagecoach
April 29th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Lovely, lovely hair and braid! Congratulations!

sibylla
April 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Wonderful progress!!!!!!!(Iīm not an expert on this but isnīt your hair more a ii/iii nowdays?......)

squiggyflop
April 29th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Wonderful progress!!!!!!!(Iīm not an expert on this but isnīt your hair more a ii/iii nowdays?......)
im pretty sure that in another thread it was established that 4 inches was ii/iii anything above or below was either ii or iii.. im only 3.5 inches so im smack dab in the middle of ii.. i wish i did have a 4 inch pony... actually i wish i had a 5 inch pony... wouldnt that be wonderful..*daydreams*

Lamb
April 29th, 2008, 04:07 PM
That's one thick, shiny braid! Congrats.

squiggyflop
April 29th, 2008, 05:43 PM
That's one thick, shiny braid! Congrats.
thank you!:cheese:... my hair when i joined was really really thin from chemical dyes and bleach.. i had less than a nickle of thickness in my pony..yeah the shine is from my hair being wet..my hair always shines like that when wet. i still have some damage but it can be trimmed off little by little..

nissamholtz
May 25th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Nice braids.