PDA

View Full Version : Catnip and Henna with cassia.

melrose1985
January 4th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I'm waiting for my cassia to come in so i can color with the henna and cassia. While i was at herbco.com i ordered some catnip just to see about it.

will catnip have any effect on my hair after i henna/cassia it? As in will the catnip be able to get in to my hair? the henna/cassia isnt going to seal it like a cone product would right? Am i even making sence? I just dont want to do it and be doing it for nothing....

ktani
January 4th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Both henna and cassia coat the hair but the coatings wash out between applications. The lawsone in henna goes into the hair and binds with the keratin. Cassia colour washes out but it can be hard to remove.

Catnip will work better for you some time after you have washed your hair a few times after the henna cassia application as opposed to right after it.

melrose1985
January 4th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Both henna and cassia coat the hair but the coatings wash out between applications. The lawsone in henna goes into the hair and binds with the keratin. Cassia colour washes out but it can be hard to remove.

Catnip will work better for you some time after you have washed your hair a few times after the henna cassia application as opposed to right after it.

thanks a bunch! That was my thought but i wasnt sure. Would i be okay to use it maybe before i henna/cassia, like two weeks to a week before? kind like an in between?

ktani
January 5th, 2010, 10:57 PM
thanks a bunch! That was my thought but i wasnt sure. Would i be okay to use it maybe before i henna/cassia, like two weeks to a week before? kind like an in between?

Using it before makes sense but from my experience, it needs to be done repeatedly to be most effective. So if you henna cassia you need to wait a bit then start again. I use it every time I wash my hair. See how it goes.

melrose1985
January 6th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Using it before makes sense but from my experience, it needs to be done repeatedly to be most effective. So if you henna cassia you need to wait a bit then start again. I use it every time I wash my hair. See how it goes.

Well if i'm going to be using henna/cassia (roots only) (just cassia from the ears down, know i will have to keep up with this as it wears off) is there a point to the catnip? Or if i'm only using cassia on the length only when i do the roots then using catnip regularly.

I guess what i getting at is there really a point to do both? Or should i make some catnip toys for my cat?

ktani
January 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Well if i'm going to be using henna/cassia (roots only) (just cassia from the ears down, know i will have to keep up with this as it wears off) is there a point to the catnip? Or if i'm only using cassia on the length only when i do the roots then using catnip regularly.

I guess what i getting at is there really a point to do both? Or should i make some catnip toys for my cat?

Only you can determine if there is any point to using catip with your routine by trying it.

melrose1985
January 7th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Only you can determine if there is any point to using catip with your routine by trying it.

okay... Well see how it all turns out. thanks!

redneckprincess
January 7th, 2010, 10:44 AM
i am interested in seeing the outcome of your henna/cassia application