PDA

View Full Version : Questions on choosing a hemline

Harriet
January 4th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone!

I have been growing my hair for what seems like forever! My hair does actually grow quite fast but I usually end up getting it trimmed a lot and that seems to really slow my progress, but this site has made me realise that I don't have to have my hair trimmed and can actually just take the split ends off myself! So i've learned something already :).

My hair is a little past BSL at the moment, and I had a good inch cut off just last week. I'm looking to get to at least waist length which I estimate will take about 4 inches of growth to achieve.

My question is, should I get my hair cut again soon to acheive the hemline I want, or let it grow some more first? I'm not that happy with it the way it is, as I find it a bit angular, I like a U or gentle V shape.

Also, I have some long layers, will these look odd when my hair gets longer? I don't know whether or not to grow them out, as at my current length I quite like them (although they are annoying when braiding my hair as they stick out).

Apologies for the long post as TIA.

Harriet

Ursula
January 4th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I'd let it grow a bit for a while, as often growing will soften a hemline, since some hairs grow slightly faster than others.

When you do decide to trim, you might want to look up "Feye's Self-Trimming Method", as you can actually manage a very nice trim on your own, if you just want a simple blunt U or V hemline. Google it, as she has a webpage with picture directions.