PDA

View Full Version : Baby hairs or breakage?

Faepirate
April 27th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I have a halo. My hair is curly. I think the halo has always been there to an extent, but it's been more noticable since I gave up cones. My hair also looks better since I gave up cones, so I'm glad I switched, but the halo is bugging me slightly.

Is there any way to tell whether this is baby hairs or breakage?
I've examined the hairs for splits and can't see any. They're just very very fine, very curly little hairs. I suppose if they're baby hairs they will eventually grow longer and more managable? Or... will I just keep getting more of them...? :eek:

Finally, what do you do to tame your halo?

spidermom
April 27th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I use aloe vera or Giovanni gel, rubbed between palms, then smoothed over the surface of my hair. It helps a lot as long as I don't comb or run my fingers through my hair. After an up-do, I sometimes use a small amount of pomade spot-applied to smooth down especially unruly, wirey gray hairs.

The only way I know to discern new growth from breakage is that new growth will have a tapered, pointy end. Sometimes I have more new growth than other times. Lately I'm coping with one-half to two-inch long hairs poking out all over the place. Grrrrrrrrrrr!