PDA

View Full Version : Tyra on Larry King Reveals her "Real" hair! :p

RavennaNight
January 3rd, 2010, 07:13 PM
I know the subject is sooooo
:horse:

But Tyra is on Larry King tonight and she was talking about how she stopped wearing fake hair and is now going natural. Well, not really natural. Chemically straightened but not fake hair. And why does she like to hack off girls hair again?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

but we can rejoice because her show is ending this year!

BranwenWolf
January 3rd, 2010, 07:17 PM
It's not just Tyra's hair nuttery... she prentends to be a "real" model with real breasts or whatever, tries to empathize with the people on her show, but the fact is she's had a pretty spoiled and cushy life, and it shows.

I will *so* miss her show.

Not.

MissManda
January 3rd, 2010, 07:41 PM
I never watched much of her show, but from what I have seen, I just get really irritated with her if I watch more than five minutes of it. I do not like the facade she puts out--it's just totally fake and she could never truly empathize with anyone on her show. So both she and Oprah are/will be gone. Good riddance.

So I danced a little jig when I found out that her show is ending. :cheese:

RavennaNight
January 3rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
I am getting so annoyed watching this. She keeps yammering on and on about not encouraging "cookie cutter" models and pushing the envelope and pushing the limits of what is accepted as beauty. She says this but has issues with long hair. I so don't get her. At all.

catysue
January 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
:roll: is all I have to say to you, Tyra.

Though I must admit sometimes it's fun to watch her show just to laugh at how ridiculous she is.

HildeMV
January 3rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
But it's relaxed right?

LittleOrca
January 3rd, 2010, 08:01 PM
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:: cheer::cheer:

MissManda
January 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM
:roll: is all I have to say to you, Tyra.

Though I must admit sometimes it's fun to watch her show just to laugh at how ridiculous she is.

I'm right there with you. I have a long list of movies/TV shows that I watch solely to make fun of them.

Eniratak
January 3rd, 2010, 09:02 PM
I actually kinda like Tyra...XD.

angelthadiva
January 3rd, 2010, 09:04 PM
Her show is ending? Praise the Lord! :joy:

hazelnut
January 3rd, 2010, 09:14 PM
It's ending? I guess other people got sick of her too.:p

ArienEllariel
January 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
yay! lol. she annoys me.

enfys
January 4th, 2010, 02:36 AM
It's ending? I guess other people got sick of her too.:p

Haha!

If she was on over here I'd have watched her though. I only saw her a few times on Sky when I lived with my FIL.

You lot want to come here; Gok Wan has a hair stylist on his show who gives everyone extensions if they don't have long hair to make them look younger!

As for Tyra's hair, it'll be interesting to see how it looks in a few years when she has a decent amount of her own growth, to see any scalp damaged caused over these years.

Addy
January 4th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Tyra who? :D

Bonkers57
January 5th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I love How to Look Good Naked! The women getting makeovers are diverse - different ages, different sizes, colors, etc.

Haha!

You lot want to come here; Gok Wan has a hair stylist on his show who gives everyone extensions if they don't have long hair to make them look younger!

As for Tyra's hair, it'll be interesting to see how it looks in a few years when she has a decent amount of her own growth, to see any scalp damaged caused over these years.

Elainehali
January 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I would watch her show when I came across it. Wasn't complete garbage.

haha meer mortal can only grow hair as fast at the rest of us. One half inch at a time. :p

Gypsy
January 5th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Well, she has been on the show with her real hair- but made an absolute point about it, I mean, the show was BASED on the fat that she came out with her real hair. but it was wet and it got styled real quick.
But yeah, she makes a big deal about cutting everyone's hair off but she wears more LONG weaves than anything (she wear short ones too, for volume). In fact, I have seen her chop people's hair and say it would make a good weave for her, so if the long hair is sooooo fashionably bad, why is she single handedly keeping the weave business hopping?
I watch the show occasionally when I am watching the court shows beforehand and just let the tv run, lol!

Oh yeah, I watched her show the other day because they were talking about people ingesting tape worm eggs to lose weight.
Y'all. I had a hard time going to sleep because of the visions of tapeworms they had on the show.
Blehhhhh......

Neddy
January 5th, 2010, 09:48 PM
This may get me shunned from the board but.....

I adore Tyra Banks. I love the crazy things she says, her talk show, ANTM, anything she does. I find it so entertaining and ridiculous and she said some really weird stuff and contradicts herself and I don't like the whole chop chop of the long hair she's into but I think she is possibly one of the top 5 most bat-**** crazy celebrities I've taken a shining to and I absorb her empire with the glee of a small child going at a crack-coated lollipop.

*ducks head in anticipation of swatting*

GlassEyes
January 6th, 2010, 06:07 AM
She's not all bad. I'm not of the mind she's a COMPLETE moron.

That said, she pisses me off something "fierce". Ugh.

No longer can I use that word with it's proper connotation. :cry:

curlylocks85
January 6th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I never watched much of her show, but from what I have seen, I just get really irritated with her if I watch more than five minutes of it. I do not like the facade she puts out--it's just totally fake and she could never truly empathize with anyone on her show. So both she and Oprah are/will be gone. Good riddance.

So I danced a little jig when I found out that her show is ending. :cheese:

Other than the fact of hair cutting, is Tyra really all that bad? If Oprah's show goes off the air, I will be sad. I really like Oprah.

florenonite
January 6th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I am getting so annoyed watching this. She keeps yammering on and on about not encouraging "cookie cutter" models and pushing the envelope and pushing the limits of what is accepted as beauty. She says this but has issues with long hair. I so don't get her. At all.

Ah, but don't you see? "Cookie cutter" models are white, and she isn't, therefore she's got a vested interested in it :rolleyes:

She's not all bad. I'm not of the mind she's a COMPLETE moron.

That said, she pisses me off something "fierce". Ugh.

No longer can I use that word with it's proper connotation. :cry:

NOOOO!! *covers eyes so as not to absorb the ruin of a good word*

katha
January 6th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I'm curios. How does she pronounce it, and, since I'm not sure I'm doing it right, how is the right pronounciation?

enfys
January 6th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Tyra?
Tie-ruh is how I've always heard it said.

VenusHalley
January 6th, 2010, 09:08 AM
This may get me shunned from the board but.....

I adore Tyra Banks. I love the crazy things she says, her talk show, ANTM, anything she does. I find it so entertaining and ridiculous and she said some really weird stuff and contradicts herself and I don't like the whole chop chop of the long hair she's into but I think she is possibly one of the top 5 most bat-**** crazy celebrities I've taken a shining to and I absorb her empire with the glee of a small child going at a crack-coated lollipop.

*ducks head in anticipation of swatting*
:cheese:

I love Tyra as well. ANTM is my favorite guilty pleasure. I love how they pretend to be like real modelling world. LAst cycle they had a challenge where they were supposed to put on make-up and stuff while trying to outrun and outfight others:D. It must have been excellent Black Friday training:D. This stuff and the ridiculous photoshoots make me laugh. It annoys me when a good model gets a boot based on the personality card... or the makeover episodes. Some of the looks are terrible... :(

Anyways, I think Tyra is quite attractive... and I like her "natural" hair much better than those weaves that sometimes surely lived their secret lifes on their own.

GlassEyes
January 6th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Tyra?
Tie-ruh is how I've always heard it said.
She means 'fierce'.

There's not a difference in pronunciation, but a difference in usage. It's not neceassarily completely different, but she and her ANTM buddies use it to describe when someone is acting like a lion, tiger, or some other sort of feline mammal. :D

enfys
January 6th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Right that makes more sense. I don't know, maybe she isn't on in every country all the time! :shrug:

I always like when they make up silly new meanings for words; it dies down soon enough. Our government once had a "sexy dossier". Honestly, that's what the BBC news called it!