PDA

View Full Version : Deep condish order

Um Enis
January 3rd, 2010, 11:59 AM
Well, I just splurged on my first store-bought deep conditioner in years. Its oil based (olive and almond oils in an emulsion). My stand-by deep condish has been a half-homemade high-protein concoction based loosely on Aisha25's recipe (oil, honey,eggs,and whatever store bought daily condish i squeeze in there).

Now, I only wash my hair about once a week. But I want my hair to be extra soft for a special day in about 2 months. What is the best way to use both treatments in a single week: up my wash schedule to twice weekly and alternate or wash, then use the homemade high-protein conditioner followed by the store bought oil based deep condish?

Any thoughts?

Xandergrammy
January 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Since you have a couple of months to play with, I'd experiment a little and see what your hair responds to best. What deep conditioner did you order?

Um Enis
January 3rd, 2010, 02:32 PM
I don't even know if its available in the US. It's called Vatika Deep Conditioner

Xandergrammy
January 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
I don't even know if its available in the US. It's called Vatika Deep Conditioner

It sounds nice. We have several Indian shops in our town. I wonder if they might have it. I'm curious to see how you like it.

jera
January 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
That does sound good. I hope you achieve the results you're looking for. :) I'm not sure how you should use it though. I used to use my deep conditioner once a week.

GlassEyes
January 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
Well, you could use the deep conditioner and, er, not wash? Your hair would be wet, of course, after rinsing, but you wouldn't need to wash more. :shrug:

DARKMARTIAN
January 3rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
I use condish on only one "condish"....that it condishes my hair nicely....:p:p

Buddaphlyy
January 3rd, 2010, 06:49 PM

You might wanna check out the Long Hair Care Forum for info on how to use it. A lot of ladies there use it. As a matter of fact, I think the person who makes the Vatika Deep Conditioner used to be a member there.

CavyQueen
January 3rd, 2010, 11:27 PM
Hi! I have purchased Vatika on Amazon if you cannot find an Indian store near you. It is coconut oil with herbs and neem oil added to it.

Um Enis
January 4th, 2010, 12:19 AM
i'm thinking that "Vatika" might be a general term like "conditioner" or "henna", because (although it is marketed as "Indian hair care", being that Indians are famous for their hair care) the one I have is a product of the Emirates. Its different than the one I used to hear about (the coconut oil one) from Indian stores in the US--its a cream

Buddaphlyy
January 4th, 2010, 08:26 AM
i'm thinking that "Vatika" might be a general term like "conditioner" or "henna", because (although it is marketed as "Indian hair care", being that Indians are famous for their hair care) the one I have is a product of the Emirates. Its different than the one I used to hear about (the coconut oil one) from Indian stores in the US--its a cream

Is the actual product called Vatika Deep Conditioner? Because when I typed it in a search engine, the results came back as Dabur Vatika Oil (and they gave instructions on how to do a hot oil treatment) and Vatika Frosting, a cream many people use to deep condition with.

Um Enis
January 4th, 2010, 09:41 AM
this (http://www.india-shop.co.uk/vatika-hot-oil-treatment-deep-conditioning-55-p.asp) is it. maybe it is the same thing. It does give directions, but it says after washing hair.

Buddaphlyy
January 4th, 2010, 10:29 AM
this (http://www.india-shop.co.uk/vatika-hot-oil-treatment-deep-conditioning-55-p.asp) is it. maybe it is the same thing. It does give directions, but it says after washing hair.

Okay, that's different from what I was thinking off. Do you have the ingredient list by any chance?

Um Enis
January 4th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Okay, that's different from what I was thinking off. Do you have the ingredient list by any chance?

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Olive Oil, Prunus Almigdalis Dulcis (sweet almonds), Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) extract, parfum, magnesium nitrate, magnesium chloride, and two "zolinones"

i can't tell if the almond part is milk or oil. doesnt say.

Buddaphlyy
January 4th, 2010, 11:40 PM
INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Olive Oil, Prunus Almigdalis Dulcis (sweet almonds), Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) extract, parfum, magnesium nitrate, magnesium chloride, and two "zolinones"

Well it doesn't seem like their are any hidden proteins or anything, so I would do the homemade protein treatment first and then use this product.

Xandergrammy
January 5th, 2010, 09:19 AM

These ingredients look nice. I can't wait to hear how it works for you (and what the smell is like)