PDA

View Full Version : Suave daily clarifying has a cone?

Yedda
January 3rd, 2010, 12:37 AM
I was reading a post from another member, where she said she found out Suave daily clarifying has a cone.

I don't know that much about cones-only what I've read on here that they cause buildup, and that there are different kinds, some water soluble, some not.

I was hoping someone could just clear this up for me. If clarifying means to get rid of build up, and this is a clarifying shampoo/conditioner, and cones cause build up, how can it have a cone and still be effective in clarifying?

I am going to list the ingredients for the shampoo and conditioner below. It looks like both the shampoo and conditioner have cones? I don't use the conditioner but I use the shampoo every couple weeks to clarify. I have begun using cassia and catnip rinses and I use Suave clarifying shampoo before these treatments-I want to make sure I don't have any coating on my hair so these treatments can be as effective as possible.

Shampoo:
Water (aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), Violet 2 (CI 60730).

Conditioner:
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol; Cetrimonium Chloride; Potassium Chloride;Distearyldimonium Chloride; Fragrance (Parfum); Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PVP; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone.

Thank you.:confused:

Roseate
January 3rd, 2010, 01:02 AM
Shampoo:
Water (aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), Violet 2 (CI 60730).

Conditioner:
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol; Cetrimonium Chloride; Potassium Chloride;Distearyldimonium Chloride; Fragrance (Parfum); Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PVP; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone.

Thank you.:confused:

Only the shampoo has a cone, Dimethicone Copolyol; I bolded it. The Methyl....one things are not silicones, they are preservatives. The "copolyol" means that it is a form of dimethicone which has been modified to be supposedly water soluble. So, theoretically it's not supposed to remain on your hair.

Personally, I avoid even the "water soluble" cones just to be on the safe side- I can't use sulfates and don't want to risk getting buildup. But it's probably not a big deal; it's way down the list, even lower than "fragrance".

Yedda
January 9th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks Roseate! You cleared that up for me.:)