PDA

View Full Version : Twisted French Twist

ShadowSwallow
January 2nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
I made up a new bun! :cheese:

It's easy, fast, and very secure. This is the only style I can hold with my hairsticks. Also, it's holding now on my second-day super-silky hair. It's a little hard to explain, so I'll be putting up a video on it shortly.

1) Make a french twist
2) Place hair stick in rench twist from the upper outer edge angled inwards towards the "flat" side of the twst
3) As the twist unravels twist the stick clockwise 180 degrees
4) Push the fork into your hair hooking the scalp hairs and going over a loop of hair from the twist to secure it
5) The bun is going to want to twist to the left, so secure it like a bun with a second stick

As I said, it's hard to explain. It's obviously a messy bun and it doesn't look very secure, but it certainly is. Also, my hair is just a bit beyond APL and I'm not sure how this would work on longer hair.

Oskimosa
January 2nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
Action shots needed or it never happened. :p

MotherConfessor
January 2nd, 2010, 08:33 PM
I would love to see pics, no matter how good the description I can never seem to get updos correct without pics. But it sounds great, I love french twist variations that work with long hair. That's why Hypnotica is my hero

GoddesJourney
January 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Agreed. You should put together a little hair tutorial video. Lots of us have done this to help explain to our other members how to do things. I have. It sounds like some of the Asian style buns I've seen, but with a French twist... (haha)

yellowchariot
January 2nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Action shots needed or it never happened. :p

^ YEAH pics or it didn't happen! lol j/k!
I'm sure it looked awesome! :thumbsup:

darkwaves
January 2nd, 2010, 09:03 PM
Also, my hair is just a bit beyond APL and I'm not sure how this would work on longer hair.

This sounds like fun!

I tried it on long hair, though, and could not figure it out at all.

Pictures, please?

ShadowSwallow
January 2nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
:lol:

I will definitely be adding pictures and a tutorial video soon. I'm on a trip right now so I don't have a good place to set my laptop to film. I do get back tomorrow, though and will get to it ASAP. :D

ShadowSwallow
January 8th, 2010, 12:48 AM
I finally uploaded the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajbjt1o18KU

Although it might not yet be viewable. It's giving me an error and telling me it's still processing. :rolleyes: But I'm impatient to share it. :p

Natalia
January 8th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Yup still getting the error message here :(. I cant wait to see it! I cant seem to get all of my length into a twist for nothin' maybe with the additional twisting this one would work for me :).

Aditi
January 8th, 2010, 02:02 AM
You sure have GORGEOUS, silky hair :crush: The bun looked nice but the lighting was little dim to see it clearly.

ShadowSwallow
January 8th, 2010, 02:16 AM
It should work now... I think they just needed to ok it or something. :p

Aw, thanks. :D I'm still working on the lighting thing... not quite sure how to fix it other than taking the videos during the day, which I always forget to do. :p I'm planning on redoing all my videos... at some point. >_>