PDA

View Full Version : Bun help

shockinglength
January 2nd, 2010, 06:58 PM
I love updo's soo much. however my hair is layered :mad: (trying to grow them out) whenever I do a updo on my 1 in past BSL length hair the stupid layers stick out every where. Ahhh I hate that look so much (I'm not a fan at all of messy buns ect.) The onlt thing I can do is put a snood??? I don't know if its called that. (It's like a knitted thing over my bun) Is there any advice for me? I dislike the same style all of the time. Thanks

motormuffin
January 2nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
I notice if I put the bun up higher I get less layers sticking out than if its lower. It's better when I put it up wet. No other advice.

CrisDee
January 2nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
Maybe some product (if you go there) or aloe gel to hold in the stragglers?

Sheltie_Momma
January 2nd, 2010, 07:41 PM
Strategically placed Good Day hair pins.

ravenreed
January 3rd, 2010, 05:39 AM
My hair is heavily layered and after hitting almost tailbone, the layers seem to be behaving themselves, except one little tuft that sticks out. Other than adding a few inches, I didn't find anything that made them behave.

Dreamernz
January 3rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
I tend to break out the bobby pins, or you could try to do plaited buns to keep those layers in place?

Speckla
January 3rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
You could try a half bun and leave a few curlies hanging out at the top or bottom. That's what I did when I couldn't get all my hair into a full bun. It's pretty and fairly easy to do.

bumblebums
January 3rd, 2010, 03:46 PM
Coconut oil tames the layers for me, but it also results in a puny bun because all the hair is stuck together.

At 26 inches, you should be able to do some kind of a French braid/bun combo--French braids are practically made for layers.

gnegirl
January 3rd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Sock buns are pretty friendly to layers :) I have layers starting at my shoulders down to the hemline.

CTH3989
January 3rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
I second the aloe vera gel suggestion!