PDA

View Full Version : why does it do this now...?

MotherConfessor
January 2nd, 2010, 06:20 PM
I have just bounced across the country to see my fiancee, for the first time in months, and my hair has gone completely to pot. Its dull, and tangling horribly, worse than I have ever seen it. Since I am not at home I dont have access to my hair products and since we are on a major budget, I am unwilling to spend money on a whole new bottle of something I already have. I don't think its dry since I have been into my winter CO for about a week or so. I also don't think its the water here because my hair was starting this before I left.

Any cheapo ideas on getting my hair to behave?

SimplyViki
January 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Maybe a cheapie conditioner deep treatment (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=39318)? A bottle of V05 is usually just a dollar or less.

squidgetroo
January 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
What is your current routine? Could you maybe need to clarify?

Speckla
January 2nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
Different climent? Different humdity levels? Those will make a BIG difference. My hair is flatter and more blah in lower humidity.

Cholera
January 2nd, 2010, 06:30 PM
I would suggest clarifying, if not just to rule that out. If you don't wanna make any clarifying recipes, bottles of the shampoo are amazingly inexpensive. If that doesn't work, maybe some mayonnaise or an SMT (if you have the ingredients, I suppose..)?

CaityBear
January 2nd, 2010, 06:42 PM
I would probably try a deep oiling. That's usually what I do when my hair goes through a stage where it just looks and feels horrible. That usually tends to set it back to normal.

RavennaNight
January 2nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
Hmmm. Went far away, eh? Maybe you have fallen victim to the monster called Hard Water? Maybe you need a good vinegar rinse? Vinegar is cheap, and you'd dilute it too...

ArienEllariel
January 2nd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Hmmm. Went far away, eh? Maybe you have fallen victim to the monster called Hard Water? Maybe you need a good vinegar rinse? Vinegar is cheap, and you'd dilute it too...

yes, that definately will mess with my hair if I travel for example. I have soft water at home. *thank goodness* I second the vinegar rinse.

julliams
January 2nd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Definitely different climate. I am Australian and my husband is from Canada. I always find when I get to Canada (visiting family) it takes me about a week or two to work my hair out - sometimes longer. You need to try different things. Don't just do what you always do. Be open to air drying differently. Try putting your leave in when wet, then another time when dry. Travel always plays havoc with my hair and in the past the hairdryer was my best friend. Now that I don't use heat for styling this has caused me to have to be a little creative. Updos are going to be your best bet whilst you are working things out..

I would just get a bottle of cheapo conditioner, slather it on and leave for a couple of hours. See if that helps initially. You can always get some olive oil to lightly oil the ends - I'm sure he would have this in his pantry and it's cheap to buy.

Let us know what works for you.

Juliette

MotherConfessor
January 2nd, 2010, 07:10 PM
I'm COing right now, thats my ususal winter routine. I'm pretty sure the boy must have vinegar somewhere, so I think I will try one of the deep conditioning packets with a vinegar rinse. I might pair it with a bs cleansing to clarify. Thanks guys, I will let you know what helps. You guys are great - have some cheese! :cheese::cheese::cheese: