PDA

View Full Version : A question about diffusers

TheLuckyLurker
January 2nd, 2010, 05:33 PM
How long does my hair need to be before I use a diffuser? I've wanted to try it since I saw the tutorial here, but I'm not sure it'd work on three inch long hair.

renarok
January 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
diffusers work on any length hair. Its' purpose is to lower the rate of air flow so that the hair dries gently. They are great used with a low heat to dry without really agitating the curl pattern.

suicides_eve
January 2nd, 2010, 10:18 PM
i second the above post. Any length hair will work:)

TheLuckyLurker
January 3rd, 2010, 01:01 AM
My main concern was that when I watched the tutorial, I saw her hair is a LOT longer than mine; I don't think I can use that same technique yet, so what do I do in the mean time?

Roseate
January 3rd, 2010, 01:46 AM
I find longer hair is actually more difficult to diffuse, because it's harder to scrunch it all up in the diffuser without getting weird kinks.

I don't know what tutorial you saw; I diffuse mine as described here (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=34025&highlight=pixiecurl+method). At shorter lengths you are basically just pushing the diffuser into your hair, the 'fingers' of the diffuser will be near, or even on, your scalp. Use warm or cool temperatures so you don't damage your scalp or hair.