PDA

View Full Version : What can I use for my ends?

Yedda
January 2nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
My ends are dry and kind of stick out (go in different directions/not lay smooth), for lack of a better way to say it. They are not split ends though.

I tried putting coconut oil on them, but it makes my hair look too stringy and oily at the ends, even if I only apply a little. Also it does not seem to make them lay any flatter, I am not seeing any benefit. I might try coconut oil on my wet hair instead of dry to see if it makes a difference since I already bought it, but does anyone else have a suggestion on what I should use on my ends?

I have fine hair. It tends to be oily, but the ends are just a little dry/rough.

Thank you.

Fillette
January 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Have you tried putting aloe vera gel on your ends? If that does not work, you could try putting a little bit of conditioner on your ends. My hair is very different from yours but these are things that have worked for me in the past.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Coriander
January 2nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
I see a huge difference when I apply oils to my ends when they're wet rather than dry. Give that a try and see what happens. :)

Amara
January 2nd, 2010, 06:08 PM
I second the oiling when wet suggestion - is it also just a little natural wave down there that you don't like? If so, damp bunning can help! It'll help your ends all sort of "go together" when you let your hair down. :)

CavyQueen
January 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi! You can always try not rinising your conditioner all the way out making a leave -in. Your ends may not be as dry. Good luck :)

Yedda
January 2nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Thank you for the suggestions ladies. :)

CaityBear
January 2nd, 2010, 06:44 PM
I'd go for the oiling when wet. That's always when I use my oil.

Wicked Princess
January 2nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
I like to oil my hair right after I get out of the shower...so I add my voice to all the other people suggesting it! :D

Also, there are a few people around the LHC say that their hair and coconut oil don't get along, and so they use different oils. Jojoba, for instance. If you seem to like the idea of oiling, but coconut oil isn't doing it for you, you could always experiment with other ones.

It's also really easy to make your own leave in conditioner. You could take a little of your favorite conditioner, mix it with water, and put it in a spritz bottle. If oils aren't working for you, this might be something to try. :)

fleurdelis
January 2nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
Putting extra conditioner when condition helps me and alsi leaving it as a leave-in, good luck.