PDA

View Full Version : Avatar movie inspired hairstyle - the braids!

skay
January 1st, 2010, 08:23 PM
You know how some people take on a reddish tint in their hair in pictures, but don't really have red in their hair? Well, my hair seems to catch on to the "blue light" (though I don't have blue hair). :D

I wore my hair in braids in celebration of going out to watch "Avatar" tonight (on IMAX-3D - yahoo!). By the way, I really enjoyed the movie!

I took a couple of pictures before heading out (a new camera) and thought I'd share.

I think I'll wear my hair more in braids next time and make more braids; and add beads if possible.

Interestingly, I noticed I seemed to give off a different vibe when I went out. I seemed to get more friendly, positive vibes from people.

Notes:
No flash on the camera
Natural daylight
The light in the left hand corner was on but it was not very bright (and one would've thought I'd get a yellow-orange tint on my hair - not blue )Anyway, onto the "blue" hair! ;) :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/sgeo/hair/j10.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/sgeo/hair/j10-2.jpg

Elphie
January 1st, 2010, 08:27 PM
The blue tint on your hair is the coolest thing I think I've ever seen. They look great btw!

Emerson
January 1st, 2010, 08:41 PM
Adorable ;) Hope you enjoy the movie, I really want to see it too!

truwave
January 1st, 2010, 08:51 PM
Love it!:) Your hair is super funky! I also LOVED the movie!

SpeakingEZ
January 1st, 2010, 10:15 PM
Ah, that's GORGEOUS. I can't wait to see the movie, I've been trying to get out and see it all week!

ravenreed
January 1st, 2010, 10:24 PM
Nice idea! My kids and I will probably go tomorrow for the second time... Maybe I will put some braids in before hand.

little_acorn
January 1st, 2010, 10:26 PM
lovely :D - the blue braids are great!

DragonLady
January 2nd, 2010, 12:52 AM
Wow. What color is your hair normally? Do you use some product on it that is doing that? It looks fantastic, and I'm ssooooo jealous!

Gumball
January 2nd, 2010, 12:59 AM
That's super cool. That blue really does shine!

Tryst
January 2nd, 2010, 01:12 AM
Fantastic braids! The blue tint makes you look like a funky anime girl :)

jasper
January 2nd, 2010, 09:13 AM
That's fun - dressing your hair for the movie. Glad you enjoyed it!
Cameras and color are weird. The wall is blue too, down low. Did you have a tv or computer screen on?

paisley
January 2nd, 2010, 09:40 AM
Cool! I liked the movie very much. I didn't have too high expectations because of the bad criticism it received in the news, but i was surprised. Especially all the beauty in the movie was noticeable, stunningly.

skay
January 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Adorable ;) Hope you enjoy the movie, I really want to see it too!

Ah, that's GORGEOUS. I can't wait to see the movie, I've been trying to get out and see it all week!

Hi Emerson, SpeakingEZ - thanks much! In regards to the movie, if you can watch it in 3D - I recommend it.
:cool:

Yeah the movie was selling out everyday over here. I wanted to be sure to watch it on New Year's Day so we bought the ticket 5 days in advance!

Enjoy! :)

EdG
January 2nd, 2010, 10:09 AM
That's very cool. :cool:
Ed

RoseRedDead
January 2nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
I love how blue your hair is!

Cool style. ;)

skay
The blue tint on your hair is the coolest thing I think I've ever seen. They look great btw!

Thanks much, Elphie. I was surprised the first time I saw it on camera. Happy New Year. :)

Wow. What color is your hair normally? Do you use some product on it that is doing that? It looks fantastic, and I'm ssooooo jealous!

Hi DragonLady (cool name by the way ;) ). Thanks so much for your comment! My hair is black with white thrown in here & there.

There's no product - it's just the way the camera captures the light. I was standing near a window hoping to catch some natural lighting from outside and this is what happened. :D

That's super cool. That blue really does shine!

Thanks, Gumball. I'm honored to have one of the style kings on the board come by and give their input! :)

Fantastic braids! The blue tint makes you look like a funky anime girl :)

Thanks, Tryst!! I actually have an inner anime character in me. At work, I try to wear something a little funky yet wearable - a little tricky!

Dreamernz
Wowser, SUPER COOL!!!!, love your hair!!!! :D:D:D

skay
January 2nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hi fellow movie-watchers, yeah the movie was awesome!

Love it!:) Your hair is super funky! I also LOVED the movie!

I like that word - funky!! Thanks! :)

Nice idea! My kids and I will probably go tomorrow for the second time... Maybe I will put some braids in before hand.

Ravenreed, yes, you could have your own Avatar-con (which is what I called it when I wore the braids ;) ). If you go again and happen to wear some braids, I'd be interested in seeing a picture. Viva "Avatar"!

Cool! I liked the movie very much. I didn't have too high expectations because of the bad criticism it received in the news, but i was surprised. Especially all the beauty in the movie was noticeable, stunningly.

Paisley, I agree about the beauty in the movie - stunning!! I'm tempted to see it again (but only on IMAX-3D - darn - I'm spoiled now ;) ).

skay
January 2nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
lovely :D - the blue braids are great!

That's very cool. :cool:
Ed

I love how blue your hair is!

Cool style. ;)

Wowser, SUPER COOL!!!!, love your hair!!!! :D:D:D

Thanks, you guys! Appreciate it! :)

skay
January 2nd, 2010, 10:30 AM
That's fun - dressing your hair for the movie. Glad you enjoyed it!
Cameras and color are weird. The wall is blue too, down low. Did you have a tv or computer screen on?

Thanks, Jasper! Yeah, I was having my own Avatar-con!

Yeah that blue light looks like from some electronic device but no, there wasn't anything turned on except the lamp in the back. (You can see part of the computer monitor against the back wall).

I think it has to with the way natural light was coming in through the window - though the timing and angle has to be just right...:)

camirra555
January 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
That looks so cool! I'm dying to see the Avatar movie.

skay
January 3rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Hey Camirra, thanks and hope you get to go. :) Keep a look out for the braids. ;)

YoginiCelestial
January 3rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hi!
I haven't seen avatar, but your hair is amazing! LOVE IT!
You should certainly wear it like that more often! I am a huge braid lover anyway!

skay
January 8th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hi YoginiCelestial, thanks! I'm hoping to wear the braids more often. It'd be great to try more styles when the hair is longer. :)

heidihug
January 8th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Beautiful - thanks for sharing. We're going to see the movie tomorrow, and I may have to put in some braids beforehand!

Peter
January 8th, 2010, 10:09 AM
This looks awesome!

How did you tie off the ends of the braids?

melrose1985
January 8th, 2010, 10:59 AM
That is SOOOO cool! I love it and the movie was great!

skay
January 9th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks guys! :) It was fun to try something different.

Beautiful - thanks for sharing. We're going to see the movie tomorrow, and I may have to put in some braids beforehand!

Heidihug, go for it! ;)

Aditi
January 9th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Those are some cool and funky Blue hair braids :thumbsup:

feralnature
January 9th, 2010, 12:27 AM
I really like your funky blue braids :)

And I saw the movie AVATAR in Digital 3D and LOVED it! I want to see it again, but this time IMAX 3D! It is wonderful and spectacular and must be seen in 3D!

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

mowo
January 9th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Your blue braids.... oh it looks great :love: . I envy You the length and shines. I hope You don't mind if i save picture on to my hard drive. When my hair will be longer it will be inspiration for my :o

I saw Avatar movie and it's quite nice story.

JenniferNoel
January 9th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I'm not the only one who got braids after Avatar, woo! :D
The braids look great though, I love the blue tint, it has the coolest effect.

skay
January 9th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Your blue braids.... oh it looks great :love: . I envy You the length and shines. I hope You don't mind if i save picture on to my hard drive. When my hair will be longer it will be inspiration for my :o

I saw Avatar movie and it's quite nice story.

Hi Mowo, thanks so much for your comments. Yes, feel free to save the picture.

Stick with us and your hair will get there in no time. :)

As you probably know, there are a lot of great tips for hair health & shine here - you'll find one that works for you! :)

skay
January 9th, 2010, 10:09 AM
This looks awesome!

How did you tie off the ends of the braids?

Hi Peter, I found these elastic-plastic type little bands at a dollar store - something like a thousand for $1. It's interesting the material - it's like a stretchy plastic almost and doesn't seem to harm the ends of my braids/hair.

I'm not the only one who got braids after Avatar, woo! :D
The braids look great though, I love the blue tint, it has the coolest effect.

Hi Jennifer, I like your braids and the aqua/turquoise blue you've got going - that's one of my favorite shades of blue! P.S. Great funky glasses, too!

skay
January 9th, 2010, 10:12 AM
That is SOOOO cool! I love it and the movie was great!

Those are some cool and funky Blue hair braids :thumbsup:

Aditi, thanks you're hair's coming along very nicely!

I really like your funky blue braids :)

And I saw the movie AVATAR in Digital 3D and LOVED it! I want to see it again, but this time IMAX 3D! It is wonderful and spectacular and must be seen in 3D!

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Thanks, everyone !

Feralnature, me too! IMAX-3D - awesome!

mowo
January 9th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hi Mowo, thanks so much for your comments. Yes, feel free to save the picture.

Stick with us and your hair will get there in no time. :)

As you probably know, there are a lot of great tips for hair health & shine here - you'll find one that works for you! :)

Thank You. I already found so many interesting and helpful information like never before. Last month I spend on reading these forum and I almost sink in ;) . Now I am sure that my hair also will reach dream length. :eyebrows: There is no other option :D

Coriander
January 9th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Blue hair rocks. I think it looks fantastic on you!

skay
January 12th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Thank You. I already found so many interesting and helpful information like never before. Last month I spend on reading these forum and I almost sink in ;) . Now I am sure that my hair also will reach dream length. :eyebrows: There is no other option :D

:thumbsup:

Blue hair rocks. I think it looks fantastic on you!

Cooool - thanks!

JamieLeigh
January 12th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I just want to say that it would be totally awesome to have blue braids!! :p That said, your braids are awesome! That movie has me appreciating a long, single braid again. :D