PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else nuts, or just me? Chopped off ten inches for a musical

Lady_Evalyn
April 27th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I was just wondering. I chopped off ten inches for our musical early in January this year. It's still really short, but you can see how short it was then here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1s76wynSKSg). 20s bob. lol. I rocked it. Now I'm going to be waiting 2 or 3 years to grow it out again since it grows about an inch/3 months.

So is anyone else nuts, or just me?

ETA: Anyone else have gassy dogs either? Thought I'd share, but the dog won't stop! lol

Dianyla
April 27th, 2008, 07:05 AM
That is nuts. :lol:

Maybe you could post about your farting dogs in the Pet Ponderings forum. We may require youtube evidence, though! :p

Shanarana
April 27th, 2008, 07:06 AM
It looks very nice, and the performance is great. Did you consider perhaps wearing a wig? Many actors will cut their hair for a movie or series. Demi Moore comes to mind in her role in GI Jane when she shaved her hair live in the movie.....I damn near cried, couldn't believe my eyes.

One good thing is that hair grows back. :)

Lady_Evalyn
April 27th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Well, I was set on the wig in the beginning, and then I thought about it and realized I wouldn't ever want to cut it once it reached my waist, so no time like the present. It's fun for now to have it short, but I'm ready to grow it again. I liked the bob and I'm young, so I may as well have fun with it! :)

On the plus side, I got to cut out all the old bits which had been chemically processed. It's all henna now.

Lady_Evalyn
April 27th, 2008, 07:11 AM

Maybe you could post about your farting dogs in the Pet Ponderings forum. We may require youtube evidence, though! :p

Lol. I wonder if there is a way to stop the farting. the only evidence I have is the smell....:)

TammySue
April 27th, 2008, 07:35 AM
You are beautiful and I must say you have a lovely voice! Musical theater is a love of mine and if I had to do it all over, that is where I would be today!

Have fun growing your hair long! :)

Peggy E.
April 27th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I was a singer/dancer/muddled-through-it actor in my previous life and wore more wigs than I could even begin to recall. Always had long hair, though, as it was by far the more versatile way to go.

Sounds like you wanted to cut, anyway, so glad it worked out well. Where are you going to school and are you continuing voice? It's so nice to hear a rich, strong voice!

Lady_Evalyn
April 27th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I'm going to Simpson College in Iowa for double major in Vocal Performance and Music Education.

embee
April 27th, 2008, 08:15 AM
On the dog subject... when my dogs were gassy, it often meant tapeworms, and that was because of fleas. It only takes one flea (per dog) to cause the problem.

So you might want to try tape worm meds, and around here I can only get them from the vet, alas. But it did really truly help a lot!

Glad you've got virgin hair to work with now, that will preclude having to chop later. Your hair will grow.

In 2005 I cut 8 inches off for no reason whatsoever, except I had this notion it would be better that way. And later that month I found LHC and was so disgusted with my decision to chop. No scissors since, I can assure you! ;)

Irishred
April 27th, 2008, 11:26 AM
You've got some great talent there, good luck with you education and future.

You also look very cute with the bob. I love the swing and playfulness of a cute cut like that and have had several in the past. But I agree with Peggy and believe long hair and a wig are much more versatile than the other way around.

The dog, well that happens. We have one that gets real bad at times (I mean you nearly or do have to leave the room bad) and I think it is when she eats more grass. Their food can also cause problems like when you change it, or change treats.

fleurdelis
April 27th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hmm...well..to say the truth...I do love musicals, butI propably would not cut my hair for it, but you look great in the hair cut and you have amazing voice, so..beeing nuts can be nice.

Tristessa
April 27th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Nah, you're not crazy! I think it's awesome. I cut my hair into a bob (for different reasons) when I was about twenty and you know what I loved it and I thought it was really cute and got to experience it.

Ah, musical theatre! Live the dream! That was my life when I was younger. I called it my "sport". So cool you're studying it. Gorgeous voice, and you're rockin' the bob.

Once when I was about 16 I went to an audition for a production of "The Sound of Music" in my town and there was a lady who, I kid you not, had cut her blonde hair extremely short just for the chance she might get to play Maria. Well, guess who got the part? She did! She took a gamble in cutting her hair, but it definitely paid off.

So no, you're not crazy. Have fun with your short hair and if you want it long again it'll grow back.

Lady_Evalyn
April 27th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah I kinda loved the bob. Styling it was a bit of a pain cause I'm too lazy to devote even 5 minutes into my hair.

But I'm not doing musical theater. I'm actually going into classical/opera. There isn't a musical theater program at my college.

SHELIAANN1969
April 27th, 2008, 04:59 PM

ROFL, that would be a good one, I am just weird enough to want to see that!!!

lololol, That is hilarious :D