PDA

View Full Version : Went red! :)

Fractalsofhair
January 1st, 2010, 12:48 PM
Over the holiday break, I decided to dye my hair red.

It's faded to a dull pink in the back, but is still quite vivid in the front. I used special effects without prebleaching(Well, I did do an attempt at prebleaching on one streak in the front but honestly, it's impossible to tell.)

My hair still feels the same, and I can get away with washing it every other day due to the fact it's darker. Yay! (Well, once it gets to APL or so, I can probably just do a scalp wash.)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3149&pictureid=58988

SunshineHair
January 1st, 2010, 12:54 PM
It is VERY beautiful! I just love red hair and cannot get enough of it! I am jealous because your real color allows red to come up red, mine takes work!

Pretty soon, I am thinking at the end of January I will Henna my hair and make it as red as the plant will allow....OK well Have a happy red day!!!

Fractalsofhair
January 1st, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hehe. Thanks! Actually, the site I bought it from http://www.amphigory.com/se_blood_red.html shows people with non prelightened hair, with light brown hair. At the very least, with deposit only dyes, you'll get a red tint. Henna will certainly make you a redhead though! Good luck! Just don't use indigo in it! XD

kimki
January 1st, 2010, 12:58 PM
Wow your hair is beautiful. Love the colour on you :)

Fractalsofhair
January 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks Kimki!

ericthegreat
January 1st, 2010, 01:11 PM
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! I started a trend here! :cheese:

And whether or not I actually inspired you to go red, I'm still taking all the credit. :disco:

freznow
January 1st, 2010, 01:28 PM
I didn't know you had a bob! (Shows how much I pay attention around here.)

The red looks good!

Fractalsofhair
January 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM
ericthegreat-You went red? I thought that was highlights and then more highlights! XD (Your hair color does look lovely and I'm glad you finally have it the way you wanted it without totally wreaking your hair!) Thanks! All the wonderful redhair on here made me decide to dye it.

freznow-Yep. I got a pixie to get rid of damage, and as that grew out, I got a bob. The bob is slowly growing out now, and I hope to be at my shoulders by summer! Thanks!

Toadstool
January 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
Wow Fractals that looks so pretty!

*Rose Red*
January 1st, 2010, 02:31 PM
You look great!

Fractalsofhair
January 1st, 2010, 03:05 PM
Toadstool-Thanks a ton! I love it as well!

*Rose Red* Thanks!

spidermom
January 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
Results like yours sometimes make me so tempted to try a fun color in a deposit-only dye. So far I'm afraid of permanent staining on my silvery hairs, and I really like them the way they are.

camirra555
January 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
What a beautifully vibrant colour!

Fractalsofhair
January 1st, 2010, 05:50 PM
Spidermom-This dye basically faded to a pinkish/light red color within a week, excluding a few streaks(Re did it tonight.). Doing a few streaks could give you much the same effect and they'll fade eventually. Manic Panic took ages to fade on myself though.(For this, I used special effects.) I think other brands like Punky Colors are said to fade even faster. But it does depend on your hair. Manic Panic is notorious for fading quickly, but it didn't fade on me. Going with a color that is complementing to your natural hair color is a good idea as well, since a blue/purple streak might not stick out as much as it fades. There's always an awkward fading stage. I definitely would not suggest prebleaching or using color protecting products if you wanted it to fade. They also make clip in extensions that could work well for occasional use. But, your natural hair color is lovely!

camirra555-Thank you! I was surprised by how bright it turned out, since a lot of the photos I saw of it made it appear a bit darker! I am quite happy though!

jojo
January 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM
You where born to be a redhead, it really suits your colouring well.

Fractalsofhair
January 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Jojo-That's funny, since the first 6 months of my life I had bright red hair(Then it all fell out and it grew back blonde!). So I was born to be a redhead in reality! I'm still debating about Henna, since orange looks horrid on me. Only time will tell!

Dreamernz
January 2nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
I did the same, but wasn't as brave lol (I got lowlights instead), it looks lovely and really suits you :D

Fractalsofhair
January 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
Dreamernz-Thanks! *Goes looking thru your albums*? Huh! Where are the pictures! Lowlights are awesome!

Arkady
January 2nd, 2010, 11:28 AM
It's more fun being a redhead. Welcome to the club! :D

Gumball
January 2nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
That's a really awesome shade of red!

Fractalsofhair
January 2nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
Arkady-Thank you! Our hair matches! Does the brand you use contain peroxide? This shade fades really quickly, so I'm considering other brands.

Gumball-Thanks!