PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this waist?

Sheltie_Momma
January 1st, 2010, 09:31 AM
Last week before Christmas I got my hair trimmed and the layers freshened up. Specifically she dusted the main length and then took off about 1.5 inches off the layers.

I'm very happy with the experience and the end result - basically it is waist length with chunky layers about 3 inches up from the hem and a few bits that I can have out to soften my up-do's.

Since I don't measure often it was pleasant to see these pictures; can I call this waist?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4332&pictureid=58976

Dreams_in_Pink
January 1st, 2010, 09:34 AM
Do call it waist. Hair grows faster when you're optimistic :D

Sheltie_Momma
January 1st, 2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks Dreams in Pink!

For reference sake - here is another shot with my hands at hip. I'm so short, there isn't much difference!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4332&pictureid=58979

RoseRedDead
January 1st, 2010, 09:37 AM
Yes, ma'am, I believe you can. Congratulations! Your hair looks very bouncy and shiny! :flowers:

Sheltie_Momma
January 1st, 2010, 09:41 AM
Yes, ma'am, I believe you can. Congratulations! Your hair looks very bouncy and shiny! :flowers:

Thank you. This is 4 days after a nice coconut milk pre-condition, and damp bunned to dry so it is smoother than "normal".

SchnauzerMom
January 1st, 2010, 09:45 AM
It looks like waist to me. Gorgeous hair!

Elphie
January 1st, 2010, 09:47 AM
Looks like waist to me. Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful!

Forever_Sophie
January 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't call it anything else! Your hair is beautiful and so healthy looking :) Congrats!!

Pixna
January 1st, 2010, 10:11 AM
You betcha!!! Looks fabulous -- way to grow!!! I'm short, too -- er, petite, er, vertically challenged. It's great that the space between our milestones isn't as far as it is on taller people, isn't it? You'll be at hip length in no time! :applause

spidermom
January 1st, 2010, 10:37 AM
I'm calling it waist. Well-grown, pretty.

LaurenH
January 1st, 2010, 10:55 AM
Congrats on hitting waist! Can't wait till I'm there! Your hair is beautiful! :)

Amara
January 1st, 2010, 10:57 AM
That's definitely waist, and it looks very lovely!!!

SimplyViki
January 1st, 2010, 11:04 AM
Waist it is! Very pretty!

Sheltie_Momma
January 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM
Thank you everyone for responding, I've had a rough morning and it is nice to log on and see nice comments.

If my hair is looking well it is only because of LHC and what I've learned here, the whole rest of my adult life it's been a big mess. I'm very grateful for everyone here because the way I was headed there is no way I would have reached this length as it was snapping off faster than it could grow.

Yozhik
January 1st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Definitely waist! Wonderful progress -- congrats :)
Your hair looks like it's in beautiful condition!

Why is it that when I hear that you DCed with coconut milk you make me hungry? ;)

joyful373
January 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
At the risk of adding a me too... I think it's waist :) I love the shine in your picture. Very pretty! :flower:

Othala
January 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Welcome to waist-length. beautiful hair!

jojo
January 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM
yes your waist! looks lovely too!!

lucys
January 1st, 2010, 03:08 PM
You can certainly call that waist. Shiny, bouncy looking and really gorgeous. Total hair envy from here. :-)

Gumball
January 1st, 2010, 03:34 PM
That's definitely waist. You have really lovely hair, too. You'll hit hips in no time!

janeytilllie
January 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
Congratulations on hitting waist length :flower:
Your hair is very beautiful :)

Sheltie_Momma
January 1st, 2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks again everyone, I'm sorry for not listing all your names, I am getting sick and need to head to bed, but thank you each of you for being so kind.

clichepithet
January 1st, 2010, 10:23 PM
Whatever it is - it's beautiful! Love your color. Get better soon. :)

(at any rate, I say yes to waist, too)

little_acorn
January 1st, 2010, 10:28 PM
Definitely waist - beau-ti-ful :D