PDA

View Full Version : Hair doc advice needed - routine change?

Hairytale
January 1st, 2010, 07:13 AM
As I got some hair/scalp problems lately, I'm not sure which hair care routine I should continue to follow.
My last routines in a short summary: in 11/2007 I went NW/SO because I had dry scalp issues. In 09/2009 I stopped NW and did one WO rinse because I found the greasiness too much and wanted a change.

Since then, I wet my hair every two weeks, though I don't wet my entire hair. I only wet my hands and run them through my hair a few times.
Additionally, I scritch and massage my scalp every morning and every evening.

But it seems I can't really manage one scalp problem: I got some kind of dandruff. It looks like it's sebum with tiny dry flakes. When I scritch, I can't get rid of the dandruff because if I scritch too half-heartedly, it doesn't do much, and if I scritch eagerly, I sometimes get little "wounds" at my scalp.

What made me post is that my hair seems to hate too much sweets (around Christmas I ate more than usual) and perhaps too much meat (same as the sweets, usually I don't eat much meat) and produces more sebum.

Do you think I should continue with my current routine and just wait if the problems disappear with better nutrition or should I change something?

I appreciate any answers! (It's so good to have lots of friendly virtual hair docs here! :flower:)

(I didn't know in which thread my post could fit in, so I opened a new one, hope that was okay!)
P.S.: Happy New Year! :magic:

curlylocks85
February 26th, 2010, 08:34 AM
If your problem is solely due to what you are eating then I would stop eating those certain foods and see if the problem dissipates. You could try an ACV rinse. If the problem persists, then it could be fungal and you should talk to your doctor.

Hope this helps. :)