PDA

View Full Version : family support

Vijikanth
December 31st, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hi All, Something very exciting happened with me. Lots of guests came to my house for christmas. My cousin sister who was very close to me also came. And it had been a long time since we met. So she had not seen my hairprogress. She was stunned at the length. Next day morning she grabbed my hair and started brushing it. But all fo a sudden she started braiding it and she was very happy to see the length. Later she tried to put a half tail with a barret, but since my hair didn't cooperate much she left it. I showed one of my photo with a ponytail for which she gave a very pleasant comment. I was thrilled as no one has ever done this to my hair. I have always heard only one sentence- "When are u cutting ur hair..."
It really felt very warm when family members support and play with your hair. It was like a dream come true. Any such experiences from people out there???

Dvips
December 31st, 2009, 09:46 AM
Sounds like a lovely experience!

I haven't had that happen to me though.

Coriander
December 31st, 2009, 10:37 AM
What a wonderful feeling for you :) I'm so happy that happened.

I usually have my hair up, so when I take it down people usually comment. It's a nice feeling.

maxzeen
December 31st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Oh how lovely! It's always nice to have family support :)

enfys
December 31st, 2009, 12:53 PM
A lot of people struggle to get their family's approval for their hair, so you've done really well there!

Thankfully my family aren't negative about my hair so I haven't ever seen that side of things.

pinkbunny
December 31st, 2009, 01:01 PM
My parents are always quick to compliment my length & progress - my siblings are just amazed at how much longer it gets each holiday (not sure if they actually care, though). My husband is the most supportive - he combs it at night after I shower, trims it when I ask (now that it's too long to do myself), and he compliments my hair often. I just wish I could train him to braid...lol

Tornerose
December 31st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Oh I'm so happy for you.

Noone has really objected to my lenght, so I can't really relate to the feeling. However, I've gotten increasing comments about time to cut hair after it reached somewhere between waist and hip.

Vijikanth
January 2nd, 2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all that feedback dear friends. It was very much exciting because, no one had ever given that much of importance for my hair and moreover being a male, this kind of support from a sister gives me an encouragement and really she made my day...