PDA

View Full Version : help me decide, please

redneckprincess
December 30th, 2009, 06:00 PM
ok so I plan to straighten my hair for new years (no parties just thought that would be a good day to do so) and of course I plan to take a picture. but I cant decide what shirt to wear, I have been holding myself to wearing my red stripy shirt only once every other month for progress pictures, and since January will fall inbetween progress months, its techneclly not a progress shot, but my last good straightened picture was done with that shirt on an inbetween month when I was still tring to wait 2 months to see progress - should I just do it, or should I chose a diffrent once since I have been doing so good these past few months..the picture will be going in my hair do's album.

I know this is quite silly but I just wanted some imput from ya'll! Thanks ☺

klcqtee
December 30th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Do you have another recent picture of your hair straightened? I'd wear whatever shirt you wore last time that you straightened (or the last picture you have of it straightened), this way you have a satisfactory comparison.

Roseate
December 30th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Go for the stripy shirt! I wore my striped sweater the last time I straightened, and it was fun to see my hair jump down by quite a few stripes. Especially if you wore the stripes last time, it will be good to compare. Enjoy!

rogue_psyche
December 30th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Does your hair get reasonably straight without an iron? Would brushing your hair as it air dries help? Or a blowdrier on cool or warm? You might not get 1a straight, but 1b is straight enough for measuring purposes. It's also enough of a change for a low key News Years.

Whatever you do, I'm sure your hair will look great. :)

Addy
December 30th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Just put the damn stripey shirt on! :D lol J/K

angelthadiva
December 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
If this is the last time you plan to straighten it; it might be a good idea to wear the red striped shirt. That way you can compare/look back at it to double check your progress...If nothing else to keep yourself encouraged along this growing long journey. A picture is worth a 1,000 words yanno. So, when you start feeling discouraged, you can pull out the picture and remind yourself just how long it is :)

SHELIAANN1969
December 30th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Take pics in 2 different shirts, the stripey for reference and a different one just for the heck of it! ;)

edensapples
December 30th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Take pics in 2 different shirts, the stripey for reference and a different one just for the heck of it! ;)

Seriously.. when your hair is straight you can't change your shirt?

Carolyn
December 30th, 2009, 08:18 PM
:D Change the shirt. Make any time you straighten a fun event. Take lots of pics. Wear something pretty. And enjoy the straight hair. That's what I try to do.

ericthegreat
December 30th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I would definitely go with the striped shirt RNP! Or anything that will show off how much length you have grown! I'm so excited to see your hair straightened! When your hair is stretched, it reaches down to APL so it will be much longer when you straighten it then when you have it wavy.

Flat ironing it just this one time for New Year's is absolutely fine! I mean, these days non-LHC girls iron their hair pin straight every single day, and somehow they still manage to have hair left! I know you've been taking care of your hair much better with SMTs and conditioners and everything, so you'll be fine this one time. :)

redneckprincess
December 31st, 2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks all, I will be posting pics soon!!!

pics are up

curlylocks85
December 31st, 2009, 07:42 PM
I would take pictures in two different shirts.

redneckprincess
January 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
I would take pictures in two different shirts.
I did, 3 diffrent shirts actually, I posted some