PDA

View Full Version : New Bun!?

WaitingSoLong
December 30th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Well I have no idea how to put pics in my posts or my profile other than my avatar, but I took a pic of the bun I made today. I think I invented it! I have always loved the celtic knot (double looped knot) but could never do it without the stick being crooked (sort of pointing from front to back) and the bun being loose. I like mine even, side to side.

So anyway, I was experimenting with buns today and ended up making a 4 loop knot that is very secure, uses only one stick and the stick is EVEN and horizontal. I want to know if anyone else has done this knot or if it is mine! So I replaced my avatar with it.

Toothe
December 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I have no idea, but I'd love to know how you did the bun. Can you post instructions? (Or, if you're like me, you'll immediately forget how you did it, and never be able to replicate it. :p)

I love the Celtic knot--it's my go-to style at the moment.

Redheaded Raven
December 30th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Looks cool more pics please :).

WaitingSoLong
December 30th, 2009, 02:07 PM
My memory card on my camera is full or else I would've taken more pics. I immeditely wrote out the instructions but a video would be easier, I am not sure I can understand them myself! I undid it and redid it about a dozen times so I would not forget how I did it. I do not think it can be done with less than waist length hair.

Basically I started out like the nautilus bun. But when you get to the part where you wrap hair around, don't do it. Instead, grab hair and pull partially through loop to the left and put a stick in on the right, scoop hair then go back left and get through the second loop.

I know that is probably impossible to follow! I did not have any hair left to tuck in. I am calling it the Christmas Bun because of when I invented it.

ArienEllariel
December 30th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Oooh I like it!

30isthenewblack
December 30th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Very nice :D

spidermom
December 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM
It looks good. I don't know if it's new or not. Sometimes it seems that we rediscover each other's buns all the time, with variations.