PDA

View Full Version : Did this happen to you?

TheLuckyLurker
December 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
You know, when I was keeping my hair short, I didn't really pay much attention to it unless I was doing something with it (washing, brushing,etc.). But since I started consciously trying to grow it out, it seems to be all I think about. I've even had dreams about having long hair, for God's sake! So, did any of you fall victim to this hair obsession?

And just because I haven't used it yet::cheese:

squidgetroo
December 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I'm right smack in the middle of said obsession right now! LOL

Its almost embarrassing how much time I've spent reading on this forum in the past few weeks.

AJoifulNoise
December 29th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I was obsessed for quite a while. It does get better. At least, it did for me. :P

RoseRedDead
December 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Yep. I used to obsess a lot about my hair - now it's not so bad.

If you're lucky, as time goes by you'll retain all the knowledge and good habits you've picked up here, and not the fretfulness about your hair. (Says the girl who is freaking out a little over the thought of a self-trim.)

curlylocks85
December 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Oh yes, I constantly think about my hair. That is why I am experimenting with updos. I think about my hair less when it is up.

I have dreams all the time about longer lengths... one day...

TheLuckyLurker
December 29th, 2009, 07:19 PM
At three inches, my hair isn't long enough for updos yet. The one thing I have started doing is wearing a bandanna when I go out because my hair just. won't. cooperate.

SunshineHair
December 29th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I have always been into my hair, and everybody elses! Thats why I find myself always stareing at long hair, I am almost 'that' creepy person LOL

Brat
December 29th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I think about mine all the time. Since I decided to quit cutting it, now it gets stuck in my elbows, I lean on it at work in my chair, I close it in the car door, and it drags the floor when I'm on my knees getting my puppy's tennis ball out from under the couch. Split ends drive me NUTS and I usually don't have much time to take a pair of scissors to them. Oh, it gets wrapped around hubby's arm sometimes while we're sleeping. That's not fun to wake up to!

ravenreed
December 29th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I am more obsessed with sparkly stuff to put in my hair than I am my hair itself...

julliams
December 29th, 2009, 08:25 PM
It's all I think about at the moment and I'm sure it's not healthy. I fall asleep thinking about hairstyles and wondering what it will look like when it's all one length and waist length etc etc. I work out how long it might be growing each day/week etc.

I am on holidays right now and so I haven't really got much to do but hang about which is not helping.

I think when I don't think about it, that's when I'll suddenly turn around and realise that it's gotten really long.

SHELIAANN1969
December 29th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Me? Hair obsessed? nahhhhhhhhhhh :rollin:

RocketDog
December 29th, 2009, 09:53 PM
My hair has always been my one vanity, so my obsessing over it is nothing new - just what/why I am obsessing has. I used to be a styling perfectionist, always wanting perfectly straightened and coiffed hair, where now I strive for perfectly smooth, symmetrical updos and excellent condition.

Pear Martini
December 29th, 2009, 09:56 PM
This website has made me obsessed. I am always obsessing! My hair is short (apl) so I'm always freaking out about somethin hair related

Auntbeast
December 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I can quit any time!

:P

SandyStar
December 29th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I was very obsessed for a couple of months. lol Washing my hair would be a 3 hour ordeal. Now I am much less obsessed, though I did have my first dream about hair. I had floor length hair in my dream, and I was flying!

Obsessed? LOL

pepperminttea
December 30th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Same here - before I was trying to grow it, it would regularly go between SL and APL depending on how often I trimmed, sometimes it'd even get near BSL. Now, I'm trying to actively stop myself thinking about it, I can't just forget it like I used to.

Mannaz
December 30th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Oh yeah, the hardest part for me is to keep my fingers off my hair, that's why every day in an up-do is a victory for me! I'm not expecting for the obsession to stop until it's at least APL and most of the damage is cut off. I can't get over how much different the pampered virgin hair feels compared to the bleached and otherwise tortured stuff. Also I keep checking the colour constantly because it varies so much.
Oh well, I can imagine obsessions far more concerning than this one...:cool:

freckles
December 30th, 2009, 03:51 AM
I'm obsessed :D Joining LHC has definitely got me thinking about my hair now. But I'm pretty sure it's just 'newfound interest' obsession and it will die down.

Sammich
December 30th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Oh yes. I am definately like that! I've been reading EVERY single day for the past 3 months! Picking up every single tip and reading everything that I can. The community is really lovely here. :)

nuxa
December 30th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I've had a long hair dream just tonight lolol I just want it so bad its all I can think about!
Like my Christmas money ... did I bought new clothes? NO, I bought new hair products lolol
But hey, I've seen worst than our obsession :D

jivete
December 30th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Yes and I'm getting kinda tired of it. LHC is my primary distraction but I may need to find a new one in order to quit thinking of my hair so much. I need a new obsession. :D

Babyfine
December 30th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Oh yes. More so now than in my younger years. Then I was more into clothes and make-up.
My ds walked behind me on the computer the other night and said"How come you're always looking at HAIR stuff?"(He's 13)
funny thing- I never was into my hair as much in my 20's and 30's. I kept it in a layered shoulder length style mostly and permed.
It was only when I started to want to grow longer and help my thin spots that I'm always looking for how to grow longer, thicker, healthier hair, and the internet is a boon of information.

Unfortunately I've gone broke trying all the products, routines, ect.

Pear Martini
December 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Oh yes. More so now than in my younger years. Then I was more into clothes and make-up.
My ds walked behind me on the computer the other night and said"How come you're always looking at HAIR stuff?"(He's 13)
funny thing- I never was into my hair as much in my 20's and 30's. I kept it in a layered shoulder length style mostly and permed.
It was only when I started to want to grow longer and help my thin spots that I'm always looking for how to grow longer, thicker, healthier hair, and the internet is a boon of information.

Unfortunately I've gone broke trying all the products, routines, ect.

Lol, I know.

squiggyflop
December 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM
yes and no.. in the beginning my hair was growing so fast that i did have to think about it all the time.. its just that it was growing fast AND breaking off at the shoulders.. i was always having to touch up my roots.. (my hair was also a shocking shade of pink).. after coming here i do spend more time on my hair but i dont have to think of it as often.. its not like ive got an inch of roots ruining the look of my otherwise pink hair

marobader
December 30th, 2009, 11:06 AM
my hair is all I am thinging about right now but I not so imbarsed about it ( I spent 2 hours at LHC a day )