PDA

View Full Version : Does Henndigo get darker with each application?

Ninika
December 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM
A couple of weeks ago I henndigoed over my henna for the first time. It turned out a nice, cool dark brown, which has faded a bit since, making the colour look slightly warmer in daylight.

I'd like to repeat the full-head henndigo in an attempt to get the cool brown back and to make it stay for good (if that is possible at all). But I wonder if it is safe to use the same exact mix of indigo and henna (4ish : 1) again.

Logic tells me that the same mix would turn out differently on brown hair than it would on red, right?

So - does henndigo get darker every time I use it? After all, I don't want to end up with black hair, but getting the same brown would be great.

What should I do? Adjust the mix in favour of henna? Leave it on for a shorter amount of time? Avoid full-head applications at all and do henndigo glosses instead?

GlennaGirl
December 29th, 2009, 03:19 PM
OMG!!! Your hair is so pretty. Okay, with that said: Yes, your hair will darken up with each henndigo, or at least mine did. BE CAREFUL of one thing: eventually the indigo can override things and you could end up with sort of a "flat black" color. So just do this once more, maybe, and see how things look then.

The indigo portion of my first henndigo didn't stick but after two or three times, it definitely did and it was a very dark brown. (After that it did turn flat black, which I didn't want. If I were to do it all over again, I'd accept the slight red tones, which make brown look more rounded-out and "dimensional" anyway, IMHO.)

Good luck!

pumori
December 29th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I think I did about 4 or 5 applications of henndigo over the past half-year...my hair was naturally medium brown and one application turned it soft black. From there on, it just got blacker, until it was a dark blue-black. Then again I always left my mix on for a very very long time...

Culdayne
December 29th, 2009, 05:47 PM
What Glennagirl said is spot on re Indigo/henndigo. I had the same issue.

It did fade though, after a LONG while. I just found indigo so unpredictable. I love all natural methods, so I am not trying to talk you out of doing more, per se. It is your hair!! Just be aware, Indigo will pull green if you try to lift it using bleach, etc. If you are thinking of going dark for the long haul, then I suppose this would be a pretty good option.