PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello to everyone!

newbiewink
December 29th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hi there everyone! I'm new here (well I've been lurking and reading the articles and messages for about a month) and thought I'd say hello.
I'm getting married in June and want my 26 inch BSL hair to grow a few inches. My hair has been the same length for years despite conditioning/moisturizing the heck out of it and washing as infrequently as possible. For years the past 2-3 inches of my hair have been rough and brittle.
From reading the articles here, I discovered I was having a protein crisis. I clarified my hair and switched to protein free products and the ends of my hair were immediately soft and smooth! :D I've also been treating my hair a lot more gently and wearing it up more.

I'm hoping with all this effort my hair will actually grow instead of just snapping off. I know some people have a terminal length but I'm hoping that mine isn't BSL!

Newbiewink

Sweetness
December 29th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I'm a newbie too (and sort of trying to understand how the forums work) :p

Nice to meet you and I hope you have an incredible wedding. Nice to see that some things work to have great hair ! I wish you a great hair growth and hope to read you soon ! :)

Spring
December 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Welcome Sweetness and Newbiewink :flower: :waving:

I'm so glad you've found out what was happening to your ends. I'm always surprised at how small changes can make a big difference. HHG :)

newbiewink
December 30th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks Sweetness and Spring, it is nice to meet you both!:)

Spring
December 30th, 2009, 12:46 PM
You're welcome!

Captain Nikki
December 30th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hi & welcome. I was stuck at the same length for years too. But with all the great info on this forum i am actually growing! I may have measured incorrectly when i joined i suppose but it looks like i've gained over an inch already & i joined just under a month ago! Happy growing!:)

petitepraline
January 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM
Hello and welcome !
I'm a newbie here as well:)
Glad to hear about your success with the protein dilemma!and best of luck with the wedding!