PDA

View Full Version : I've decided to grow my hair to hip length

coscass
December 29th, 2009, 09:31 AM
That means I have a few more colour jobs waiting for me in the future, which I'm not exactly excited about, but oh well. I figure I'll grow it to hip length, then maybe get a few inches cut off, then get some layers. I've been toying with the idea, and the CUT-YOUR-HAIR craze has kind of settled now that I've realised having long hair is something you should be proud of, too.

Anyway, I have a friend coming over today, and to make sure I don't change my ways, I'm giving her all my old products with 'cones in them. Sigh. I spent like 10 bucks on this leave in and it didn't do squat.:mad:

Sunkawakan
December 29th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I'm new here but cudos to you! I too am trying to get my hair to hip length, but would be happy at waist before I leave on vacation the end of January (little chance of that, I'm about 4" short.

Good luck and post pics when you can.

coscass
December 29th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I'm new here but cudos to you! I too am trying to get my hair to hip length, but would be happy at waist before I leave on vacation the end of January (little chance of that, I'm about 4" short.

Good luck and post pics when you can.
Welcome, and thanks. :D I'm a long ways off, but I thought it would be really cool. I don't know anyone with hip length hair, or even waist length hair, really. There was ONE girl back in HS who'd NEVER had her hair cut-- but it was for religious reasons. Once she turned 18 she whacked it all off lol.

hazelnut
December 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM
That's awesome! I'm sure you can do it.:) I myself am working on getting to either hip or tailbone curly so maybe we can go on this hair growth journey together?:)

Merkaba
December 29th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I feel for you...I hate when I spend my hard earned money on a product and it doesnt do even close to what is promised! That's why I love organic stuff because I know what is in it and it usually works better IMHO

curlylocks85
December 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM
That's awesome! Why do you have more color jobs in the future? Do you henna?

ChloeDharma
December 29th, 2009, 04:43 PM
My hair is always in a bun, and i mean ALWAYS unless it's being washed or brushed. But i don't tend to see it in a mirror at either of those times. (I am getting to the point don't worry) anyway, today i decided to have a look at the back, which takes some twisting and mirror positioning which is why i don't bother usually. I noticed i'm probably past waist and on my way to hip again, should be there reasonably soon if i don't cut.
I had been considering a cut back to BSL recently as my hair has been annoying me by shedding lots (my fault.....a summer of not eating etc) but seeing it today made me realise i'm almost back to hip length so i think i'll join you and keep letting it grow.
My advice is to be REALLY lazy. Just keeping it up all the time and not bothering with it makes it easy to forget and then you realise your hair is much longer than you think. Until today i thought my hair was just a bit past bra strap....it's a very nice surprise to realise you not only reached a milestone without realising but went way past it.
Good luck growing to your goal, i'm sure the wait will be worth it :)

coscass
December 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
That's awesome! Why do you have more color jobs in the future? Do you henna?I don't henna, but I really want to try it sometime.

coscass
December 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
That's awesome! I'm sure you can do it.:) I myself am working on getting to either hip or tailbone curly so maybe we can go on this hair growth journey together?:)
Sure! Sounds like a plan:)

coscass
December 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
My hair is always in a bun, and i mean ALWAYS unless it's being washed or brushed. But i don't tend to see it in a mirror at either of those times. (I am getting to the point don't worry) anyway, today i decided to have a look at the back, which takes some twisting and mirror positioning which is why i don't bother usually. I noticed i'm probably past waist and on my way to hip again, should be there reasonably soon if i don't cut.
I had been considering a cut back to BSL recently as my hair has been annoying me by shedding lots (my fault.....a summer of not eating etc) but seeing it today made me realise i'm almost back to hip length so i think i'll join you and keep letting it grow.
My advice is to be REALLY lazy. Just keeping it up all the time and not bothering with it makes it easy to forget and then you realise your hair is much longer than you think. Until today i thought my hair was just a bit past bra strap....it's a very nice surprise to realise you not only reached a milestone without realising but went way past it.
Good luck growing to your goal, i'm sure the wait will be worth it :)That's happened to me once before- I wore my hair up for MONTHS. I didn't go anywhere or do anything. Then one day, as I was getting into the shower, I pulled my hair down and was like 'WOW! Look how long it got!' lol

Sweetness
December 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Best of luck with reaching your goal length !

jojo
December 29th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Hips a nice length, i keep thinking maybe hip instead of classic but will see how I feel when I get there.

Good luck with getting to hip!

Chrissy
December 30th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I think it's a great idea to have several goals. Then when you reach that goal you can decide if you want to go longer. My goal is waist. Maybe I should say BSL for now. I guess I will in my head. Sometimes even if you want your hair really long thinking only about that goal length can be daunting. I wish you the best as you go for hip. I'm glad you are not cutting!!!