PDA

View Full Version : What's oily hair good for?

hmmm
December 29th, 2009, 06:32 AM
I washed my hair with herbs yesterday, it cleaned okay except for a part at the back of my head that I somehow missed and didn't get at. I think I also used too many conditioning herbs. Anyway, this is the result.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_okImzkPpo20/SzoFYdo2NQI/AAAAAAAAAF8/O9--JxG9q10/s512/28-12-09.JPG

What's hair like that good for?

CindyLea1
December 29th, 2009, 07:18 AM
UPDO"S!!! When my hair is a greasy I put it up and it holds down the flyers. Even just a ponytail, stays slicked back with out all the little bits falling out.

PS..I don't think it LOOKS greasy, it's shiny!!!

Sara Smile
December 29th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Another thing: if you wait until tomorrow, your hair may have absorbed all of the oil overnight. You may be pleasantly surprised. :)

ChloeDharma
December 29th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Another thing: if you wait until tomorrow, your hair may have absorbed all of the oil overnight. You may be pleasantly surprised. :)

I've found this many times. Initially i'd think the wash hadn't worked but would just bun it and forget about it, then the next day the oilyness would be gone just leaving my hair feeling thicker, clean without being stripped and my scalp very happy.
Herb washing does involve alot of trial and error though until you find what works best for you. Of course at your length it can be harder to hide mistakes though a nice peacock twist with a claw clamp might work nicely, at least concealing the section you feel hasn't turned out so well.

squiggyflop
December 29th, 2009, 05:04 PM
its good for slicking back into classy updos

Gvnagitlvgei
December 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Which herbs did you use to wash your hair?

squidgetroo
December 29th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I don't think it looks that bad, personally. If its bothering you, perhaps just a french braid or half-up? I agree w/ the others that your hair may absorb the oil and look much better tomorrow, so that's what I would try.

Spring
December 29th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Yeah I'm curious to know which herbs you used as well. I've never known herbs to have that effect and I would like to try the ones that gave you those results :).

hmmm
December 30th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the input, I did find that the oil was considerably absorbed the next day.
I used a lot of herbs! Shikakai, ritha, bhringraj, methi, neem and amla... with a little honey. I can't remember the proportions now, but most of them were one tablespoon, except for shikakai, which was two I think. Not the most cleansing wash, but I liked it anyway. I put it in a french braid and it was all shiny and stayed well.