PDA

View Full Version : Blowdrying

shortgoinglong
December 28th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Hi all!
I am trying to cut out blowdrying but I always wash my hair right before bed and if I sleep on it wet it is flyaway and crazy in the morning. Does anyone have any suggestions if they wash their hair at night?

lucys
December 29th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I try to get as many washes done in the day/morning as possible, but I am based at home so this isn't totally impossible. Even so, there are times when an evening wash is unavoidable, then the trick is to get rid of as much water before switching on the blowdryer as I can.

Get the wash done as early in the evening as possible

A lot of people swear by using a highly absorbent microfibre towel to get a lot of the water out. But you could just leave your usual towel on for longer.

Leave your hair to air dry for as long as you can

If you still have a wet head before bed, you could braid your hair and fix it in the morning, or if it is too short to do that (mine is) blowdry on a cooler setting, keeping the nozzle far from your head, to get most of the rest of the wet out.

Don't blow dry to bone dry.

Hope there is something useful in there. :-)

Aditi
December 29th, 2009, 01:15 AM
I agree with lucys on using a blowdryer on cool setting to dry your hair

Quixii
December 29th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Huh, really? I find that if I let my hair dry during the day it is so much worse than if it dries while I'm sleeping.
I don't know how wavy your hair is, but you could try plopping or something similar while sleeping, or do the whole silk cap thing that some people do. That should keep your hair contained so if the issue is caused by you tossing while sleeping, it would be lessened.