PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a wanna be long hair when...

Pages : [1] 2

klcqtee
December 28th, 2009, 09:07 PM
So, I've been reading the "you know you're a long hair when..." thread, and I simply can't relate! I'm at The Great Shoulder Blade Pain (between APL and BSL). I thought this could be a nice thread for us shorties while we wait to post on the other thread.
I'll start!

you day dream of having long hair during boring lectures
you baby your hair constantly so that you won't have to trim out old damage when you reach your goal length
you put your hair in a pony stump "to protect it", even though it's not much more protected than down
you put your hair in sad bun, even though it barely goes into a pony stump
you have a ton of videos and websites bookmarked for when your hair becomes longer
you try out some of above mentioned websites once a month, to see if your hair is longer

Ravenwaves 88
December 28th, 2009, 09:30 PM
When your neck hurts from trying to feel what its like to be near your goal length.

When you try a cinnamon bun and it's lopsy and it looks like it's growing grass because of the shorter layers.

When you have measured your hair obsessivly for a week and you wonder, "whats taking so long.....GROW ALREADY!!!!"

SunshineHair
December 28th, 2009, 09:41 PM
When you spent a great deal of time in the bathroom mirror looking at your hair FROM ALL ANGLES almost every time you go in there!!

GlassEyes
December 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
When you want to straighten your hair because it's a good six inches longer when you do. -_-

Honestwitness
December 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
When you take more pictures of your own hair than of your cute little grandbabies!

marikamt
December 28th, 2009, 09:45 PM
When you spent a great deal of time in the bathroom mirror looking at your hair FROM ALL ANGLES almost every time you go in there!!

:lol: I do this every day!!!!!!

HildeMV
December 28th, 2009, 09:45 PM
'When you photoshop your pictures to see how it looks longer.

apynip
December 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
when your friends know what you mean when you yell 'I'M-insert number- INCHES!!" when they normally have their head in teh gutter.

when you use your old flatiron as a hem/ ribbon iron

talecon
December 28th, 2009, 09:58 PM
when u take pictures of your hair every month and post them on LHC! :P

klcqtee
December 28th, 2009, 09:58 PM
when your arm/shoulder hurts, from reaching behind your back to see if you can stretch your hair down to your next goal length

talecon
December 28th, 2009, 09:59 PM
my shoulder pops when I do that lol - hurts :P but I still do it

Elphie
December 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM
When you're busy checking your length, not your appearance, in the window reflection of a car that you're standing next to.

shockinglength
December 28th, 2009, 10:14 PM
when you think of buying extensions

lillylonghair
December 28th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Oy,I'm not even APL yet! Lol when you buy hair toys that your hair is not quite long enough for. When you spen exorbinant amounts of money on oils and hair treatments.

klcqtee
December 29th, 2009, 12:39 AM
when you think of buying extensions

but reconsider, because of the damage they could do to your hair.

lucys
December 29th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Ha ha! One for me. :-)

You have worked out in which month you will reach which hair milestone, with trims or without

You know exactly how long your hair would be now, if only you hadn't cut/coloured it that last time

You see more long hair out in the world than you used to, and you sigh when you see it

You have a wish list (or worse, a collection :eyebrows: ) of hairtoys for when your hair is longer

Kris Dove
December 29th, 2009, 01:43 AM
When your bathroom is full to overflowing of different hair products for trying, cones, no cones, proteins, protein free, various intensive conditioners, bottles and bars of shampoo, leave in, and some oils and aloe vera gel.

little_acorn
December 29th, 2009, 01:49 AM
When you get a parcel and your SO just smiles and says new hair toy!

LittleOrca
December 29th, 2009, 02:13 AM
When you browse member's albums and leave so many messages telling them how wonderful their hair is they begin to wonder if you are a stalker. :D

Starblanket
December 29th, 2009, 02:22 AM
You see more long hair out in the world than you used to, and you sigh when you see it

Haha, I can definitely relate to this. Once a man caught me staring/gazing at his hair, so I'm trying to stop doing it as much to avoid being perceived as a stalker or something. :lol:
___

When you dream of having long, flowing hair, only to awake and be incredibly disappointed by reality.

Aditi
December 29th, 2009, 02:24 AM
When everywhere you go you notice nothing but length of people's hair around you :D

Unofficial_Rose
December 29th, 2009, 02:50 AM
When you cannot resist buying hairtoys for your hair 'to grow into' and keep trying on the hairtoys to see if you have enough hair to wear them yet. UPDATE: Just realised Lillylonghair said something similar - oops!

When you quite often overdo the oiling to make absolutely certain your ends don't dry out and hence need trimming.

missjessiecakes
December 29th, 2009, 02:54 AM
When you go to have the mullet of doom evened out so you dont look like Carol Brady and you cry.

Meni
December 29th, 2009, 03:37 AM
You feel the need to post something in this topic :D
Need... longer... hair...

practikalmagik
December 29th, 2009, 04:21 AM
When every single new extra bump in your plait feels like the best thing in the world!

Captain Nikki
December 29th, 2009, 04:23 AM
When you no longer want to go for a ride on the back of your OH's motorbike because you fear the damage the helmet might do to your hair.

Kirzja
December 29th, 2009, 05:04 AM
When you stand in front of the mirror with a measuring tape every day to see how many months / years it will take to reach that goal length.

And of course... the collection of hair toys I can not use.

whiteisle
December 29th, 2009, 06:45 AM
When your DH gets as protective of it as you are because now your hair has achieved investment status given all the time and money involved. :D

emi77
December 29th, 2009, 06:51 AM
...You stare intently into kitchen cupboards to see what can and cannot be used on your hair to make it grow magically faster!

whiteisle
December 29th, 2009, 06:55 AM
You start exercising for the sole purpose of upping your circulation to increase and improve growth.

lucys
December 29th, 2009, 07:18 AM
When you dream of having long, flowing hair, only to awake and be incredibly disappointed by reality.

This happened to me this morning. I had APL hair in the dream, and in the dream I checked to see that it was real because even in the dream I was sure my hair had been shorter only moments earlier. And I was so pleased when it was really longer than I had remembered. And then I woke up. Pah.

:)

lucys
December 29th, 2009, 07:20 AM
You start exercising for the sole purpose of upping your circulation to increase and improve growth.

Ooh, that is a good one... :-)

InTheCity
December 29th, 2009, 10:48 AM
When you still get spooked when "something" is touching your back.

And like others have said: when you map out when your hair will be what length with or without trimming. (Thank you iphone notes.)

Bellona
December 29th, 2009, 11:04 AM
you force yourself to eat eggs for breakfast when you'd rather be eating pastries. :D

you obsessively check pictures from 2 months ago to see if your hair looks longer.

you try every supplement, technique, and product hoping to get 1/8" extra growth every month, even though you know it probably won't work, but it's hard to sit there and "do nothing."

hmmm
December 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
When you daydream about all the beautiful updos you would do if only your hair were BSL length.

When you go to a grocery store and see Indian herbs that you aren't familiar with, you come back and run a search on LHC.

When you know all the different kinds of food that directly influences your hair.

When you don't like eating too much sweet because you think it'll somehow affect your hair growth.

When you stare at people's hair without realising it.

When you have more herbs and oils than you use in any given month.

When you run out of jars to keep your herbs in (yes, this happened).

When you run out of place in the bathroom to keep your jars (they're in my closet now :p).

When you read about an oil on LHC, you immediately want to go and buy it.

When you don't mind oily hair anymore because it helps you do your braid better.

I'm sure there are more...

spidermom
December 29th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Try braiding a long, narrow scarf into your hair; gives you the feel of long hair - really fun. It's a little tricky, though.

Shicurls
December 29th, 2009, 02:14 PM
When your silky, delicate scarves get tangled in your earrings and you think, "Well, these earrings have to go! I don't want my hair to get stuck like that!!" But, your hair isn't even to your chin yet..... (and by "you" I mean me) :)

curlylocks85
December 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
When you daydream about your hair being down to your tushy and everyone compliments you.

When you wear scarves to protect the ends while it is in a bun and let the rest fall down your back (pretend hair length).

When you dream of having long hair and someone cuts it

When you take numerous supplements and/or vitamins to improve health and hopefully growth.

When you pass any reflective surface and have to check out your hair.

When you constantly research hair hair hair.

When your hair things are all over the house.

camirra555
December 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
This is a great thread!

When your boyfriend asks you to stop telling him to "look at that girl's long hair" because "that girl" thinks he's checking her out and is giving him a dirty look

Shicurls
December 29th, 2009, 07:30 PM
When your boyfriend asks you to stop telling him to "look at that girl's long hair" because "that girl" thinks he's checking her out and is giving him a dirty look

:rolling: Love it!

I thought of another one. Today I read a cheesy novel where in one scene the heroine's hip length braid got caught in a closed trunk (old time luggage not the car). It was meant to be a funny scene and all I could do was shudder. I reflexively touched my four inch long hair and immediately thought of at least four updo's that the heroine would have done to protect her hair in that time period!

Yeah, i dream in updo's.....

LaurelSpring
December 29th, 2009, 07:35 PM
When you buy everything you read about on LHC especially if it promises to make your hair grow faster.

squidgetroo
December 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Ok, I just hit another milestone of sorts today. I was sitting on the couch reading a book, when I felt something crawling on my shoulder. I started swatting at it like mad without looking to see what it was, because quite frankly, I didn't care. LOL I see my mother looking at me like I've lost my mind...she says, very quietly, "That was your hair. You have a piece that fell out of your french braid." and then started laughing hysterically. Umm...I knew that, really I did. :D

CrisDee
December 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM
When you go to have the mullet of doom evened out so you dont look like Carol Brady and you cry.
OMG, that's exactly what I look like - Carol Brady! UGH! Definitely getting the MOD evened out within the next couple days, though, it's driving me NUTS!

SlightlySoprano
December 29th, 2009, 10:18 PM
when you spend most of your time online browsing LHC and other long hair forums and sigh when you see the other members gorgeous long hair!

hmmm
December 30th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Yeah, i dream in updo's.....

Me too! Hahaha I dream of braiding looong hair and twisting it and all kinds of things.

30isthenewblack
December 30th, 2009, 05:48 AM
This thread is so cute! Ok, when you take the tape measure out and your DH knows you're not measuring for new curtains.

WyrdWay
December 30th, 2009, 06:04 AM
when you keep trying to get your DH to try out your shampoo bars, and grow his own hair out too.

when you strongly consider reviving old LONG DEAD (for good reason) friendships just because your ex-BBF had and still has beautiful TB length hair.... sigh x_x

redneckprincess
December 30th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I go to the bathroom, to use it and spend the whole time looking at my hair before realizing what i went in there for

When you want to straighten your hair because it's a good six inches longer when you do. -_-
I try to only do that every few months or so..but i will have a new year straightning pic up soon, I dont get 6" though, only like one or 2

When you take more pictures of your own hair than of your cute little grandbabies!
im imbarressed to have someone look at the pics on my camera or cell-there 90% hair pics, lol

Ha ha! One for me. :-)

You have worked out in which month you will reach which hair milestone, with trims or without

You know exactly how long your hair would be now, if only you hadn't cut/coloured it that last time

Yes, and Yes, I would be to my next goal length if I hadnt cut it almost a year ago, but I TRY not to think about that

When you browse member's albums and leave so many messages telling them how wonderful their hair is they begin to wonder if you are a stalker. :D
guilty!!

When you stand in front of the mirror with a measuring tape every day to see how many months / years it will take to reach that goal length.

hubby gets so mad at me for that, like it will really be longer then it was 5 minuts ago when I was looking at it for an hour, lol

you obsessively check pictures from 2 months ago to see if your hair looks longer.
"

oh gosh I do that too, i try to look 2-6 months back (sometimes more) to imagine what my hair will look like in that many more months

i think you all have them covered if i think of one i'll come back and post it.....ohhhh i got a good one

when you have to log into LHC daily, because you think there will be a new 6" per day trick that will actually work this time, lol

DragonLady
December 30th, 2009, 01:53 PM
When people gasp at the sight of your mid-butt length hair and you tell them that to you it's still short. :(

redneckprincess
December 30th, 2009, 02:11 PM
every conversation you have with "regular people" always turnes to hair or shampoo

the only "good" pictures of yourself are from the back (or side) of your head

piratejenny23
December 30th, 2009, 08:10 PM
when not washing your hair becomes an accomplishment, and you want to brag about how many days it's been since you've washed your hair!!!

whiteisle
December 30th, 2009, 08:15 PM
when not washing your hair becomes an accomplishment, and you want to brag about how many days it's been since you've washed your hair!!!

Oh, the shame! I'm so guilty! :rolling:

hazelnut
December 30th, 2009, 08:24 PM
.... when you think your life would be so much better if you were finally at your goal length.

When you compliment a random long haired person on the street about how pretty their hair is and you ask them what they do to keep it looking so nice and healthy.

When you look in the mirror at any given time and get so ticked off at your hair because it's not any longer than the last time you walked by the mirror..... (ahem.... 10 minutes ago...);)

klcqtee
December 30th, 2009, 08:35 PM
when you start contemplating sewing a silk seat cover onto your driver's seat to minimize future trims!
When all your personal fantasies (of any variety :eyebrows: ) involve you with goal length hair.
Your hair obsession has made you less lazy, making you both exercise (for increased growth!), and cook up some hair goodies!
you've logged so many hours on LHC you're glad there isn't a time tracker!

ETA:
when you reconsider your goal length because you're not sure you'll be able to do all the updos you'd love to try

handsclean
December 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this haha

LKayL
December 30th, 2009, 08:54 PM

Yes, with a mirror!!! :)

ArienEllariel
December 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
When you log into the LHC almost every day and spend *cough* quite a lot of time there.

When you take out the tape measure and your sister immediately knows that you are going to measure your hair.

When you obsess about your hair length and baby any damaged ends.

When you daydream about having long hair and all the updos you will one day get to do.

When you bookmark various haircare and hair accessory sites (such as the Ficarre site, which you plan on ordering from the minute your hair is long enough to use said accessory).

When your family doesn't even have to ask what site you're on because they know it's LHC.

When you've tried all sorts of food related things out on your hair.

Katurday
December 30th, 2009, 09:02 PM
You see a jar of coconut milk in the fridge and ask your father if he's done with it, and he says that he's done with it and tells you not to leave it in the tub after you're done putting it in your hair.

When your father also manages to dish out 10 dollars for coconut oil because he understands the hair needs it.

pepperminttea
December 31st, 2009, 07:28 PM
When you've reduced the amount of post that comes through your door to two categories:

1) New hairtoys!
2) Not hair-related. Boo.

LittleOrca
December 31st, 2009, 07:34 PM
When you lean your head back in the shower and pretend that where your hair touches is where it is normally.

Speckla
December 31st, 2009, 08:22 PM
You lurk or register here. :cheese:

klcqtee
December 31st, 2009, 10:25 PM
you consider "rounding up" to your next landmark. You've got about 3 hairs that barely stretch to it! What's an inch?

TheLuckyLurker
December 31st, 2009, 11:58 PM
When you're putting conditioner in your hair or combing it through, and you pantomime having longer hair while you're doing it in hopes your potential new growth will come in faster if it sees how good you'll treat it when it gets there.

ArienEllariel
January 1st, 2010, 03:08 AM
when you get concerned about your hair getting caught under your purse strap regularly and the possible breakage associated with it.

when your best friend puts an arm around your shoulder and across your hair and you worry about breakage- I did this today and had to giggle at myself. :P

julliams
January 1st, 2010, 04:16 AM
I SO relate to this thread - very funny and so true.

Juliette

Kaileida
January 1st, 2010, 07:34 PM
Ooh, here's one I did today: When you can't actually afford a flexi 8 so you fashion one from a pen and an elastic.

klcqtee
January 3rd, 2010, 10:12 PM
you constantly compare your hair length to people around your, and celebrities.
you feel yours is still short, even though your hair is longer than most of the people you've compared yourself to.

sonng
January 12th, 2010, 07:12 PM
When everywhere you go you notice nothing but length of people's hair around you :D

THIS.:(
I do this whenever I'm in a long line at the supermarket or some coffee house. lol

missjessiecakes
January 12th, 2010, 07:41 PM
when you start contemplating sewing a silk seat cover onto your driver's seat to minimize future trims!
When all your personal fantasies (of any variety :eyebrows: ) involve you with goal length hair.
Your hair obsession has made you less lazy, making you both exercise (for increased growth!), and cook up some hair goodies!
you've logged so many hours on LHC you're glad there isn't a time tracker!

ETA:
when you reconsider your goal length because you're not sure you'll be able to do all the updos you'd love to try

*cough*

Or when you set yourself to invisible so nobody knows you spend 6+ hours on here.

I blame Cinnamon Hair (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=62) for my wanting knee length hair. I was perfectly happy with wanting classic and then I saw her hair. :rolleyes: Bah. Oh well. :D

ArienEllariel
February 18th, 2010, 07:24 PM
when you yearn for long hair to the point of dreaming about it. Last night I drempt that I was walking around the mall with my sister and I saw all of these longhaired people with classic length+ hair, a couple to the floor. I squeeled and pointed and wondered aloud if they were on the LHC and if they were having a long hair meet up. lol, first dream involving my hair and long hair in general. ^^

PiroskaCicu
February 18th, 2010, 09:18 PM
When you are addicted to LHC and other long hair websites!

When your photo folder is full of pictures of beautiful long hair you wish you had...

sarah061
February 18th, 2010, 09:50 PM
'When you photoshop your pictures to see how it looks longer.

Ooh, that's a good idea! :D I'm gonna try that... hehe

countryhopper
February 18th, 2010, 09:51 PM
When you no longer consider avocados, vinegar, baking soda, coconut oil, tea,and eggs to be food items...

farewell_nancy
February 18th, 2010, 10:32 PM
You know which store has the best selection of hair care products and still think that their selection of deep conditioners is on the thin side.

Mae
February 18th, 2010, 11:17 PM
You take out your shortness frustration on people with hair you admire:

me: "you're.hair.is so.GORGEOUS! grrrrrr"
Long-haired friend: "umm...thanks?"

redneckprincess
February 19th, 2010, 06:42 AM
]When you are addicted to LHC and other long hair websites![/COLOR]

When your photo folder is full of pictures of beautiful long hair you wish you had...
THERES OTHERS?!?!

myrrhmaiden
February 19th, 2010, 06:58 AM

Ooooh, I'm very guilty of this!

-When your SO knows almost as much about hair as you do because you talk about it so much.

Pixna
February 19th, 2010, 07:39 AM
When you spend your life's savings on hair toys!!! :blueeek:

Hana
February 19th, 2010, 09:14 AM

AND ME. I purposefully leave several mirrors in my room so I can angle them to see the back of my head! haha. But I also do this to check hair styles arent wonky, my frizzies are under control, whether its gonna get caught in necklaces.... ok, maybe im a little vainer than I thought!

Step awaaaaaaaay from the mirror! :run: hahaha!

Hana
February 19th, 2010, 09:14 AM
actually, i think im guilty of nearly everything you guys have mentioned. at least we're not alone, hey?

Meaghan
February 19th, 2010, 09:33 AM
When you've managed to convince your DBF to let you oil his beard at least once and demand to tell him how to take proper care of it because it's riddled with splits, and he goes, "Splits? Equals more beard for me! :D"

This happened to me last night :P I think he's still wary about letting me go near it with a pair of scissors, and for good reason.

Gabygail
February 19th, 2010, 09:55 AM
When your mom asks: "What did you wash your hair with today?"

...And you've only been at this LHC thing for a few weeks. :)

elina333
February 19th, 2010, 10:09 AM
When your DBF starts wondering why on earth you smell like a coconut all the time :D

When you google "hair growth" every day :google:

When you ask your SO to take pictures of your hair from the back. Three times a week! :D

phistash
February 19th, 2010, 10:20 AM
This happened to me this morning. I had APL hair in the dream, and in the dream I checked to see that it was real because even in the dream I was sure my hair had been shorter only moments earlier. And I was so pleased when it was really longer than I had remembered. And then I woke up. Pah.

When I had a shaved head I would frequently dream that I had long, flowing hair, and would wake up majorly disappointed. And I like my head shaved!

Now my hair is APL and I think I'll try for waist length. I have so many updo tutorials bookmarked, I can't wait to be able to do them.

aililiú
February 19th, 2010, 12:32 PM
this is too funny! :laugh:

i am so guilty of dreaming of long hair--
even in my day dreams,
i somehow always have gorgeous, waist-length hair--
it's also always a lot more copper-coloured,
&wavy as well-- i dont know how i'll manage that!

thought power! :laugh:

Marjolein
February 23rd, 2010, 09:05 AM
When you don't even blink when you read about using coochie cream for hairgrowth and run to the drugstore to get some :agree:.

Oh, and very very guilty of just about every single thing that's named above.

ArienEllariel
February 23rd, 2010, 12:01 PM
you S & D your hair frequently and even take it upon yourself to S & D your sister's hair after she told you she wanted to grow out hers to waist length. :)

Yay for family long hair progress! Actually, since I showed her what straighteners do to your hair I don't think she's been using it nearly as often (she's also been stretching out washes when she realized that her hair doesn't get oily and need washing every day). It's kind of nice to see her taking better care of her hair. :D

zeldagirl7491
February 23rd, 2010, 02:52 PM
hahaha I do so many of the things everyones been posting! Now I don't feel alone. :D
My family just thinks I'm crazy. Thank goodness I found TLHC!!!

MandyBeth
February 23rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
When you see a long hair at work with poor abused long hair (bleach, straightened, crispy, split, just miserable hair) and have to restrain yourself from offering to S&D her splits.

countryhopper
March 10th, 2010, 05:05 AM
When you start talking about your hair as if it were a person.

"My hair likes/doesn't like..."

hmmm
March 10th, 2010, 07:07 AM
You henna every week because you think your hair is happiest that way.
You accidentally buy a huge bottle of conditioner you thought was cone-free... but it isn't, and you use it as shaving cream.
People look at you funny when you're shopping because you read all the ingredients on every bottle for hair.
You have at least five different oils in your bathroom that you use only for hair.
You don't use EVOO for cooking but still use it on your ends.
You hate being in the sun but don't mind it now because the heat might make your hair grow faster.
You eat healthy just so your hair grows faster.
You're glad when your hair is in a pony and it touches your neck, because that means it's getting longer! And you tell everyone this, but they don't pay attention or get excited.
You get excited about large shower caps!

Svenja
March 10th, 2010, 08:07 AM
When you use the only sink in the office's ladies room with a sink behind you just to be able to see the back of your head in the mirror!

Svenja
March 10th, 2010, 08:12 AM
When you start talking about your hair as if it were a person.

"My hair likes/doesn't like..."
Soo guilty!
Even worse: when you do S&D and try to get this one split end and start talking to it :D

IcarusBride
March 10th, 2010, 05:23 PM
When you stare at everyone you pass on the street to see if they are a longhair or not, and never once see anyone with longer than BSL length hair...

MonikaHa
March 10th, 2010, 08:50 PM
When you have a blog dedicated entirely to your hair, and when you have a new post every day :)

(Guilty!)

ArienEllariel
May 10th, 2010, 12:36 PM
When you notice every person with waist length or longer hair during outings and mentaly hairtype them. (example: *tries not to stare at fellow long hair* let's see... she's a 2b/2c iii.. what beautiful dark blonde TBL hair!)

Purdy Bear
May 10th, 2010, 12:48 PM
You dont care what pattern silk scarves have on them, you get them anyhow. You also buy silk pillowcases and get looked at, as if you were a honeymooner.

The mirror becomes your next best friend.

You know every mirror with good sunlight, what time of day, and what angle is best to look from, this also includes the best back of the head camera shot.

You have to calculate is it worth getting one of those fancy combs or two or the other hair toys, but end buying all three.

Amelia
May 10th, 2010, 01:08 PM
When you still get spooked when "something" is touching your back.

I get this a lot. Also happens that i see a braid from the corner of my eye and go "aaagh!"thinking it's an insect and it's just my own hair :P

I can also relate to the bookmarks of site/videos/instrutions that you're sure to use once you get to your wish length.

Oh, and you get on everyone's nerves by telling them how much your hair has grown since last time you measured. :D

alwayssmiling
May 10th, 2010, 01:10 PM
When you are at the hairdressers and you shudder seeing long hair being blowdried with a big round brush and the nozzle of the hot dryer being run right ontop of the hair, you can almost smell the burning!:run:

When you start trying to convert other people into the benefits of henna :)

When you need to research every single product that you put on your hair :p

When you have a tape measure permenantly by your bedside table

XcaliburGirl
May 10th, 2010, 01:10 PM
In the shower, you try to do a scalp-only shampoo even though there's only a couple inches of hair that won't get washed.

You spend tons of time determined to create a hairstick updo that stays in place, even though a few days ago the one you managed to create didn't last more than an hour.

Your hair is up and you forget that it's not at your goal length. You're surprised and disappointed when you take it down.

Theobroma
May 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM
When you think other people are weird because they call your hair long when it's only at BSL.

ArienEllariel
May 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM
You spend a lot of time finding ways to make your updos look bigger.

You get excited whenever you see a store that carries hairsticks, even if they aren't your style because well... very few stores carry them at all.

little_cherry
May 10th, 2010, 02:46 PM
When you think of how many grams of henna you'd have to use when you hit your goal length...

moonlight
May 10th, 2010, 02:56 PM
When being too chubby won't make you eat more protein and less carbs and sugar, but trying to grow your hair will

Underlig
May 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
When the first thought that pops into your head when you find out you have to have your hair up for your new job is "Hey! An excuse to force me to like protective updos!".

Calaelen
May 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
You know, it's funny, most of you probably consider me a long hair (I am at tailbone) but I belong in this thread because I am dying to reach knee and then calf. I wont consider myself a true long hair until I am to knee.

I can honestly say I do almost everything you guys are mentioning here. :p

ali beast
May 10th, 2010, 06:53 PM
When you are wearing a wig and obviously enjoying the length it gives you (even though it's a mere APL) and you best friend says, "Can we just get you extensions?"

When you reply to the previous question with a shudder and explanation that extensions can be super damaging and your goal is BSL/WL virgin, by golly! :D

Nera
May 10th, 2010, 07:49 PM
When you have waist length hair and still think you're a wanna be!

SpeakingEZ
May 10th, 2010, 10:15 PM

I do this too! The only reason I still have it is because I don't want to spend the money on a real iron!

Let's see (I skipped most pages to quote and post).....

When S+D gets stressful because you know it's taking off that last half inch however slowly.

When you refuse to chop off damage because you feel like that last 3" is the difference you need to feel like a longhair.

You panic in the morning when you wake up and your hair is loose because that precious half inch might have gotten tangled and will break off while combing.

You check your wood/bone/hone comb for cracks that might snag your hair and file the seams off your jaw clips.

You feel like the more time spent on LHC .... and the higher your post count is ..... the faster your hair will grow and the longer it will be!

Nymphie
May 11th, 2010, 04:11 AM
You do not only have a folder on your computer with long hair-pics, you have a folder just for different updos and a folder for hairtoys.

You put these folders in pictureshows when you're not using the computer.

You used to collect hairdye-bottles to divide the ingredients for multiple uses when shorthaired. Now you use them to put oils in.

You've made a list over all the tips you've heard to make your hair healthier and longer.

You're calculating how long it is 'til you reach your goal depending on if your hair would grow 1mm/day, 1cm/month or 1inch/month. ( 3 years, 6 years, around 4 years)

I relate to EVERYONE in this thread. LoveitloveitLOVEIT!

Pixna
May 11th, 2010, 07:11 AM
You feel like the more time spent on LHC .... and the higher your post count is ..... the faster your hair will grow and the longer it will be!

LOL!!! I think I saw myself reflected in this statement!!! :laugh:

ArienEllariel
May 11th, 2010, 10:48 AM
When you refuse to chop off damage because you feel like that last 3" is the difference you need to feel like a longhair.

:rolleyes: Oh yes. That's why I'm waiting to cut my hair until it reaches BSL if I can help it.

Maplecat
May 11th, 2010, 11:13 AM
When you buy two new combs and then realize your hair really isn't long enough to need to be combed :o

Rapunzal2Be
May 11th, 2010, 11:31 AM
When you are experimenting with so many new things you've discovered on TLHC that you have absolutely no time to "benignly neglect" your hair. It's always soaking in something!!

Purdy Bear
May 11th, 2010, 12:19 PM
When you buy two new combs and then realize your hair really isn't long enough to need to be combed :o

Im totally busted. Iv done that alot, Iv got a lot of hair toys, but no hair LOL! I do have a styling head so Im not too bad, but I have thought now will that go with my brunette hair when it regrows. :cheese:

Rivanariko
May 11th, 2010, 01:13 PM
When you "practice" what you're going to do with your hair in the bathroom when it gets long enough to worry about... even though you're a good 6" away from that point. It's good to get used to the motion now, right, that way it will be habit in a year? Right?

Maddy25
May 11th, 2010, 01:26 PM
when your DH tries to convince you to watch a movie you don't want to see by saying "I bet there is a lot of long hair in this movie to look at...." and you cave and watch it.

Holly9192
May 11th, 2010, 01:26 PM
When you see a long hair at work with poor abused long hair (bleach, straightened, crispy, split, just miserable hair) and have to restrain yourself from offering to S&D her splits.

its sick but so true :p

Hana
May 11th, 2010, 02:03 PM
when S+Ding, you get disappointed when you cant find any/enough splits!

that was me earlier.

abbatabba1137
May 11th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Your a wanna be long haired when-

Some months, you could swear your hair is shrinking just to mess with you!

Your mini braided hair includes synthetic locks to make the braid longer...

TheLuckyLurker
May 11th, 2010, 06:41 PM
When you consider buying a long wig to wear while having your picture taken when you renew your ID, just so you'll have long hair in that picture. I almost did that last month.

ArienEllariel
May 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM
when you watch Planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston and all you seem to notice when Nova appears is how long her hair is and how she needs a nice comb..

Henrietta
May 18th, 2010, 05:00 PM
When you are checking how much your hair grew since dinner.:D
I do this. :D:D
Come one, it's serious. If hair grows 0.4 inch per month it means that it grows 0.0005376 per hour!:D:D:D

pineconejg
May 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
When you want to find splits and cut them off! but you can't because you can't get your hair in front of your eyes yet.

:mad:

JG

ArienEllariel
May 18th, 2010, 07:50 PM
When you want to find splits and cut them off! but you can't because you can't get your hair in front of your eyes yet.

JG

Ugh, I have splits up my hairshaft and quite a bit of the hair at the back of my head I can't get around to the front to see the splits. I compensate by contorting in front of the bathroom mirror and the medicine cabinet mirror to see the back of my head. :D I'm so weird. hehe

rosek
May 19th, 2010, 06:52 AM
When you tie your braid into your labcoat >_<

Purdy Bear
May 19th, 2010, 08:41 AM
When you are checking how much your hair grew since dinner.:D
I do this. :D:D
Come one, it's serious. If hair grows 0.4 inch per month it means that it grows 0.0005376 per hour!:D:D:D

I do this all the time! :D

I check my scalp, eyelashes and brows at least once a day if not more. LOL!

beez1717
May 19th, 2010, 08:44 AM
When no matter what the dream is, you have long hair in it (It's true I do have long on hair in all my dreams)

May
May 19th, 2010, 10:09 PM
AND ME. I purposefully leave several mirrors in my room so I can angle them to see the back of my head! haha. But I also do this to check hair styles arent wonky, my frizzies are under control, whether its gonna get caught in necklaces.... ok, maybe im a little vainer than I thought!

Step awaaaaaaaay from the mirror! :run: hahaha!

Haha, it's all about checking out my hair from every possible angle EVERYTIME I go to the bathroom lol.

ArienEllariel
May 19th, 2010, 10:21 PM
when you really really envy Christy Huddleston in Christy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108725/) for her long waist-length braid. I was so distracted during the movie trying to figure out what updos she was doing, etc.

tokidokichi
May 19th, 2010, 11:44 PM

JG

When I try to cut my split ends without looking into a mirror, I go cross-eyed! haha

Brenda714
May 22nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
When I see all the great lengths here on the forum!

Lamb
May 22nd, 2010, 05:09 PM
When you can't make up your silly mind. :rolleyes:
(Or rather, when you have made up your mind to stay a shortie, only to find your hair does not agree and grows out of the short style you got only 3 weeks ago.) :disgust:

Trixie33
May 24th, 2010, 07:12 PM
When I wear my sock bun just to make myself feel like I have more hair tied up there then I really do :)

LittleOrca
May 24th, 2010, 07:18 PM
...when you watch Titanic and remember that you wanted hair just like Kate's, and now think that it's too short and you wouldn't want to lose all your length!

Totally happened to me the other night. I said aloud "Wow, her hair is short."

jeanniet
May 24th, 2010, 08:45 PM
When you keep trying all these updos hoping that your hair is finally long enough, and you realize it's still at least three inches too short. And when you have hairtoys staring sadly at you because your hair isn't long enough to use them yet!

Luna12345
May 24th, 2010, 11:34 PM
When u type on google "long healthy hair" and check out pics of people with long hair trying to see which one u would like ur hair to look like.

pineconejg
May 25th, 2010, 04:16 PM
When u type on google "long healthy hair" and check out pics of people with long hair trying to see which one u would like ur hair to look like.

Unfortunately, when I did that, I found some um... questionable... photos.

ArienEllariel
May 26th, 2010, 10:49 AM
When you know how to do more hairstyles than your present length allows because you've been watching hair tutorials on youtube and practicing on your sister or anyone who will let you.

beez1717
May 27th, 2010, 03:13 AM
When you realize that most girls are a LOT more attractive if they have long and healthy hair, and you'd like a GF with long hair... (I'm 21 and i STILL haven't had a GF :( Oh well)

Amelia
May 27th, 2010, 06:48 AM
When you finally admit that you want you hair even longer than what you had planned the first time, since joining this forum.

I think i want waist :oops::oops: but i also think I can't carry it:(

freckles
May 27th, 2010, 07:08 AM
... when your significant other thinks it's fun to say "have you had a haircut?" in a really complimentary tone so that you worry it looks shorter! :lol:

-j-
May 27th, 2010, 07:10 AM
- you day dream of having long hair during boring lectures
- you baby your hair constantly so that you won't have to trim out old damage when you reach your goal length
- you put your hair in a pony stump "to protect it", even though it's not much more protected than down
- you have a ton of videos and websites bookmarked for when your hair becomes longer

Yep. done all those.

Plus:
When you buy/ make yourself all sorts of hairtoys although it will take years until you can wear them :p

Arriens
May 27th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Unfortunately, when I did that, I found some um... questionable... photos.
You do know that google blocks certain content if you have the right filters on.

You ask a stranger on a festival some hairtips (pre internet age).

Arriens
May 28th, 2010, 05:21 AM
You tell your coworkers that the suspect you were chasing has long brown shiny curly hair but you forgot his height or body figure. :o

DARKMARTIAN
May 28th, 2010, 06:04 AM
.......you look forward to Halloween just for the wigs

KBG
May 28th, 2010, 01:02 PM
.......you look forward to Halloween just for the wigs

totally! lol!:pumpkin:

ArienEllariel
May 28th, 2010, 01:19 PM
when you have hair conversations over dinner with your sister, zone out, then realize what you're talking about and wonder if your parents think you've both gone crazy.

Purdy Bear
May 30th, 2010, 07:00 AM
You have repetitve strain injury and various other minor muscle problems from doing updos.

Purdy Bear
May 31st, 2010, 11:33 AM
When you go clothes shopping you deliberately head for the horizontal stripped tops as they will help you measure your hair growth.

You spend so much time watching the long hair on adverts, you dont know what the product they were selling was.

Henrietta
June 1st, 2010, 04:07 AM
When you finally admit that you want you hair even longer than what you had planned the first time, since joining this forum.

I think i want waist :oops::oops: but i also think I can't carry it:(

Exactly. I wanted to grow about 4 inches more, then I planned TBL and now I want knee:D

And you know you're a wanna be long hair when you have plan for your growth. I know I will be at knee on December 2016:D

Amelia, why you can't carry waist?

Heavenly Locks
June 1st, 2010, 08:21 AM
When you're watching a movie (period films usually) and the 'princess' comes on and you say "Oh her hair isn't very long at all! People back then would have had at least X length!" :)

tanya222
June 1st, 2010, 10:55 AM
When you're watching a movie (period films usually) and the 'princess' comes on and you say "Oh her hair isn't very long at all! People back then would have had at least X length!" :)

Yup! Totally do this all the time! :grin:

TinyTim
June 1st, 2010, 01:47 PM
When you always have dreams of you with long hair

TinyTim
June 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Also when you are in chemistry lab and the teacher says all girls have to tie their hair up... oh and Tim.

XcaliburGirl
June 1st, 2010, 01:53 PM
When you lurk on all the longer length-specific threads ("waist to tailbone", etc.)

anniemae
June 1st, 2010, 02:13 PM

I always felt like that. When I flat-iron my hair, it's about 1-2 inches longer than when it's wavy/curly. (Every little bit helps). :D

Stormcast
June 2nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
When you take, "Wow your hair is getting long" as a complement.

BattahZ
June 2nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
You refuse to wear your hair down on super humid days because it shrinks up too much and feels too short :) Story of my life right now!

greyTraveler
June 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
I was ok until I saw all the cool names of the members of the order of the long haired knights (I think I have that right) ... now I think I'll need to seriously change my target length.

greyTraveler

Aurielle
June 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
When you tie your braid into your labcoat >_<

I've used part of a lab apron and goggles staps before to tie my hair back after forgetting to bring a hair tie to chemistry class. :p

AbruptlyWanderi
June 26th, 2010, 06:07 PM
You know you are a wanna-be long hair when you braid yarn into your hair to make a rather long braid.

(that's what I did yesterday! It's really easy, the hardest part is the beginning)(and I underestimated the braid-shrinkage, so the 42 inches of yarn is only a bit past classic-length)

beez1717
June 27th, 2010, 07:37 PM
You know you are a wanna-be long hair when you braid yarn into your hair to make a rather long braid.

(that's what I did yesterday! It's really easy, the hardest part is the beginning)(and I underestimated the braid-shrinkage, so the 42 inches of yarn is only a bit past classic-length)

That sounds like an awesome idea. I might have to do that one day just to see how having long hair feels.

You know you are a wanna be long hair when you sign up for the LHC wanting long hair... hehehe

There I just included all of us at one point in time.

XSerendipityX
June 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM
..When you discover LHC by accident, and then spend the next 3 days trying to get as much info as possible.
When you come across an abbreviation on LHC and can't sleep for wondering what it stands for

Magicknthenight
June 27th, 2010, 10:49 PM
When you come across an abbreviation on LHC and can't sleep for wondering what it stands for

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10

HintOfMint
June 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM
When you have waist length hair and still think you're a wanna be!

I'm nearly waist and I still don't consider my hair to be truly long.

You refuse to wear your hair down on super humid days because it shrinks up too much and feels too short :) Story of my life right now!

I have a love/hate relationship with my waves for precisely that reason. I love how they look, but I hate that they steal length. I find myself fantasizing about having straight hair via Dominican blowout, even though the heat and tension might just murder my hair.

ArienEllariel
June 29th, 2010, 07:31 PM
when you have a fit and argue back and forth with yourself about the pros and cons of getting a trim.

I finally broke down and did it. I miss my APL hair... It's now and inch or two from APL but much more managable. Still, I miss what little length I had.

Madame J
June 30th, 2010, 10:50 AM
When the term "hair toy" is part of your husband's regular vocabulary.

Amelia
July 5th, 2010, 03:30 AM
When watching the World Cup match of Spain-Paraguay you find yourself hair typing the players, and your SO tells you that you should post that in this thread!

bridgetsgirl
July 5th, 2010, 06:15 AM
When you get frustrated that your hair is too thick, with not enough length, to do many updos.

Hotrox
July 5th, 2010, 07:12 AM
When you are falling asleep in bed and remembered that you didn't take you hair growth vitamins, and you can't sleep until you get up and go and take them

triumphator!
July 11th, 2010, 12:59 PM
When you realize you've come down with the LHC bug and your hair is all you think about, and LHC is the only place that understands, and it's a vicious cycle.

When your roommate interrupts you and says, "right I know, down to your waist," and you say, "oh, we've had this conversation before?"

When your hair becomes a part of every decision you make that day, as in "should I go to the pool and risk damage?"

When people write, "my fellow longhairs" and you feel left out :(

beez1717
July 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM
When people write, "my fellow longhairs" and you feel left out :(

I have always considered being a long hair a state of mind. It's about embracing and accepting that long har can be a way of life weather you are on the journey or not...

irisheyes
July 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM
When you cut out long hair pictures from magazines and paste them all over your room for inspiration. Yes, I did this when I was about 15 years old so that I could resist the urge to cut. I think DH would question my sanity if I did that now!

klcqtee
July 13th, 2010, 01:38 PM
When you talk yourself out of trimming our hair and the conversation goes like this,"No sense in trimming it now, within 7 years, I'll have all new hairs on my head. Really, most the damage has been shed by now! I can stick it out a few more years."

I was fighting with myself about trimming for months. I can be quite convincing.

Mariah!!
July 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM
when you constantly bring up hair in conversations with friends just to see if they say something good about your length!! - or to see if they are jealous- while being conspicuous and sneaky enough to make sure they dont know you WANT them to say anything or be jealous! (although i do this daily, i never get comments and my hair is waist length!)

Mariah!!
July 13th, 2010, 04:51 PM
When you cut out long hair pictures from magazines and paste them all over your room for inspiration. Yes, I did this when I was about 15 years old so that I could resist the urge to cut. I think DH would question my sanity if I did that now!

I did this too!!

Alvrodul
July 13th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Haha, I can definitely relate to this. Once a man caught me staring/gazing at his hair, so I'm trying to stop doing it as much to avoid being perceived as a stalker or something. :lol:

When you look at long haired men, and only look at their hair, nothing else, no matter how ... tasty ... they look!:yumm:

LadyLately
July 13th, 2010, 08:13 PM
When you describe your goal length to your fellow geeky boyfriend as 'I Want my braid to be a mid-range weapon'.

PiroskaCicu
July 13th, 2010, 08:19 PM
when you have a chart in your room for every month and how much growth you've had...

when you calculate what length you will be in 3 years

when your mom tells you to "stop being so obsessed with hair"

and when a woman is talking about the health of her hair in a store your DBF looks at you, smiling cheekily, "don't you want to join her conversation?"

lol

Tabihito
July 13th, 2010, 08:27 PM
When you can't wait for your hair to be too long to comb/brush without having to change your arm position.

When you get jealous of that person in the store you see with the long hair... and there's always at least one!

Lilacs
July 13th, 2010, 10:02 PM
When you're totally jealous of a character in a movie who has really pretty long hair even though you know it's really an actor in a wig...

Aurielle
July 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM
When you get jealous of that person in the store you see with the long hair... and there's always at least one!

Or when you see more than one person in the store with long hair and just *have* to take your hair out of the length-eating braid so you can be part of what you think is a long hair competition. Losing, of course, but still.

freckles
July 19th, 2010, 05:43 PM
... when you agonise for weeks over a half inch trim you know you have to do, and whine to your boyfriend "but it will make it SHORT!", as though that half inch is the deciding half inch between 'I guess it's just long enough for me to deal' and 'aaaaah I have no hair!'.

ifyouforget
July 19th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Mine are all related to regaining my lost length :P
...when I dream, often, of having long-enough-to-updo hair again
...when seeing my hairsticks makes me sad
...when you don't feel like yourself, even a year after big chops
...and you never stop pulling nonexistant hair out of your collar
........when rejoining the long-hair online circle makes me feel like I'm coming home....even though I was last into it nearly 10 years ago (on tlhs)

Nevada Rose
August 12th, 2010, 04:31 PM
When you need to buy hair extensions or Frederic's of Hollywood long hair wigs.

excentricat
August 12th, 2010, 08:48 PM
When you wear your hair up in the 2 hairstick styles you have enough hair for almost everyday because then you can pretend there's more hair wrapped up there.

virgo75
August 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
When you used to worry about getting older, but now you're excited because (hopefully) the older you are the longer your hair will be. :cheese:

related:

When you don't count birthdays by years anymore, but by inches.

ghost
August 12th, 2010, 11:17 PM
When you like to do complicated looking updos (rose buns, etc) to make it look like you have more hair

When you obsess over your daily vitamin regimen, not for your health, but on the off chance it might make your hair grow faster

You agonize over when to trim and how much -and how do you REALLY know you're only cutting off 1/4 inch? You could be setting your growth back!

You're torn between feeling pleased at a comment about your 'long hair' and like you don't deserve it...because your hair won't be long until you hit your goal length.

julliams
August 13th, 2010, 02:18 AM
When you put yourself off to sleep at night by saying the following:
" I have _ inches to go before goal"
"I should make goal in about _ months"
"I should make halfway to goal in about _ months"
And you can't remember the rest because you are already asleep (bored yourself to sleep!)

freckles
August 13th, 2010, 02:23 AM
When you put yourself off to sleep at night by saying the following:
" I have _ inches to go before goal"
"I should make goal in about _ months"
"I should make halfway to goal in about _ months"
And you can't remember the rest because you are already asleep (bored yourself to sleep!)

haha, yup, this is how I sleep every night :)

JesusFreak88
August 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM
when your friends know what you mean when you yell 'I'M-insert number- INCHES!!" when they normally have their head in teh gutter.

Hey that is a good idea. You guys will get there eventually.

goldenoak
August 16th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Hee - all of these ring so true! It's nice to be in good company, though. :)

This one happened to me this weekend:
You know you're a wannabe long hair when... you find yourself envious of a little girl with long hair, because her grow-out distance from chin to waist is so many inches shorter than the adult distance...

dragonchickx
August 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
When the best part of your day is brushing the knots and tangles out of it than flinging your hair around to watch it swooosh..!

sally_neuf
August 16th, 2010, 07:40 PM
This is too funny!! This one happened to me:

Your friends couldn't understand why were you so excited the first time you turned your head and your ponytail poke your eye

You were glad and told everyone the first time your hair dipped the food (they didn't understand either)

You almost cried the first time you turned your head and when you faced front again, your ponytail stayed over your shoulder

Amelia
August 17th, 2010, 09:42 AM
When Dutch or French braiding is a work-out.

goldenoak
August 18th, 2010, 12:30 PM
... when you find yourself going through old wedding photos for the first time since the divorce, because you remember there were some good shots of your then-long hair that you want to dig out for inspiration...

MandyBeth
August 18th, 2010, 01:11 PM
When you move and lean your head back the end of the tail brushes between your shoulder blades, and you jump 3 ft at the bug on your back, realize it's your hair and then run over to LHC to share the news.

goldenoak
August 18th, 2010, 01:21 PM
When you move and lean your head back the end of the tail brushes between your shoulder blades, and you jump 3 ft at the bug on your back, realize it's your hair and then run over to LHC to share the news.

Congratulations MandyBeth! :cheer:

Maddy25
August 18th, 2010, 01:34 PM
...you dish out 80$ for a product that claims to stimulate the scalp and make hair grow faster -_- I'm broke!

You shop all day online for beautiful hairsticks that you can't use yet but want to get them anyways just to daydream about wearing them :D

MandyBeth
August 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks goldenoak! I know it's not long by any means, but I've never had hair this long. So it's a big step for me.

irishlady
August 18th, 2010, 02:31 PM
When you're stuck between APL and BSL and your hair seems as if it's refusing to grow anymore! :rant:

Amelia
August 19th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Despite the fact you don't understand a word of the language you find yourself watching videos on youtube about hair in Norwegian.

Words I've learned:
Flette (braid)
Luggen(fringe)
Fliseklemme (Bobby pin)

It wasn't all a waste, was it? ;)

goldenoak
August 19th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Despite the fact you don't understand a word of the language you find yourself watching videos on youtube about hair in Norwegian.

Words I've learned:
Flette (braid)
Luggen(fringe)
Fliseklemme (Bobby pin)

It wasn't all a waste, was it? ;)

Hee - culture! :D

Got any good links to share?

WyrdWay
August 19th, 2010, 07:47 AM
When you see a women riding a motorcycle and you say to your DH
"That can't be good for her hair"
Completely ignoring that she isn't wearing a helmet and that should be your main concern not her SL hair flapping in the breeze.

When you are riding in the car with DH and you take your hair down just to see if it is long enough to get stuck in the window or door :)
"LOOK, it reaches the door window now!"

lhangel9
August 21st, 2010, 03:29 PM
when you lean your head backwards, try to reach for your hair and all you feel is muscle aches from the pain of trying to reach your short hair!

when you keep measuring your hair and wishing for some miracle that it's grown an inch or more!

when you look at your co-worker who has long hair and you begin to wonder how long it will take for your hair to reach that length!

when you wait for someone to ask you, "is your hair growing?" OR "wow! your hair is really growing sooooo fast!"

when you spend hours in LHC and other hair websites trying to find the secret to growing long hair fast :magic:

lhangel9
August 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM

so do i!!! i know it's sad, but it's true.

charalito
August 27th, 2010, 01:14 PM
When you like to do complicated looking updos (rose buns, etc) to make it look like you have more hair

Hehehe I do this all the time and some of my coworkers have actually asked me to teach them my "tricks" :)

ArienEllariel
December 4th, 2010, 07:58 PM
envisioning how much weight you'll have lost by this time next year, you think to yourself how nice and long your hair will be by then (since I've heard exercise helps boost growth).

hazelnut
December 4th, 2010, 08:17 PM
When you're looking up tons of hair toys online for future hair length.

PraiseCheeses
December 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
...when you take out your impulse to trim on your long-haired cat....

Hey, the ruff around her neck gets so long she can't clean herself because it all just gets stuck in her mouth!

Princess89
December 5th, 2010, 01:57 AM
When you're at the movies, watching a deep, dramatic, serious moment and all you can think is "she really needs some oil on her ends" or "when will my hair have that length?!"

ddiana1979
December 5th, 2010, 02:05 AM
When you look at the pictures from HS with deep longing because you had gorgeous WL hair. :(

PraiseCheeses
December 5th, 2010, 02:22 AM
When you're at the movies, watching a deep, dramatic, serious moment and all you can think is "she really needs some oil on her ends" or "when will my hair have that length?!"

Hahahaha, or when you're thinking, "She should really have that in a protective updo" or "I wonder how she did that braid."

Dragon
December 5th, 2010, 02:29 AM
When you can't help but to look when you see some long hair.

milagro
December 5th, 2010, 02:40 AM
That's it! :D

AnnaJamila
December 5th, 2010, 02:49 AM
When you're tempted to fib and put your hairlength down as classic... just to pretend!

freckles
December 5th, 2010, 04:52 AM
... when you fall asleep at night doing maths about how your trim schedule will effect getting to your length goal.

miss_purple
December 5th, 2010, 07:02 AM
... you are watching the TLHC forum and searching for your dream hair pictures.
... you are taking back-head photos to count the hair growth.
... you stop trimming.
... take minerals & vitamins for hair growth.
... you give up brushing to combing.
... you realize you're beautiful with long hair.

DARKMARTIAN
December 5th, 2010, 07:31 AM
....you think even some of the aliens on Star Trek look good.....:tmi:

Klingon women..hmmmm...:p

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee482/THE_MARTIAN666/lursa-betor.jpg

Synthemesc
December 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM

Oh gosh, too funny :laugh:

Synthemesc
December 6th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Oh, and when you pull one of DBF's waist-length hairs out of your bra strap, compare it to your own and feel a pang of jealousy.

Olyve
December 6th, 2010, 12:17 AM
when you spend hours upon hours (literally I spent 6 hours) watching youtube videos/hair tutorials.

Synthemesc
December 6th, 2010, 12:27 AM
when you spend hours upon hours (literally I spent 6 hours) watching youtube videos/hair tutorials.

Yeah, I'm totally not watching torrinpaige's regency tutorial right now, no sirree. :whistle:

Princess89
December 6th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Hahahaha, or when you're thinking, "She should really have that in a protective updo" or "I wonder how she did that braid."

Haha, actually all of that was going through my head during the movie...and calculating how long it would take the actress to grow her hair a certain length...:? a little obsessed me thinks

beez1717
December 6th, 2010, 04:00 AM
When your hair gets stuck in your backpack straps and you pull it out carefully and then you get frustrated because it didn't get stuck lower down......

Intransigentia
December 6th, 2010, 11:28 AM
You make yourself dedicated hair-growth-measuring shirt. (pics in my album)

Olyve
December 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I'm totally not watching torrinpaige's regency tutorial right now, no sirree. :whistle:
:crush:

:lol: That is who I watched for 6 hours plus a few others but I LOOOOVE her!

CrisDee
December 6th, 2010, 11:40 AM
When you look at the pictures from HS with deep longing because you had gorgeous WL hair. :(

Me, me, me! :(

I threw the strap of my briefcase over my shoulder to go home from work on Friday, and my hair caught under it for the first time since "the Chop of '09" - and I was thrilled!! :cheer: :cheese:

hermosamendoza
December 6th, 2010, 12:10 PM
haha i don't know what to put because I have done all of these things!!! thanks ladies [eta: and gentlmen] at least i know i'm not alone!!!

hermosamendoza
December 6th, 2010, 12:16 PM
....you think even some of the aliens on Star Trek look good.....:tmi:Klingon women..hmmmm...:p

haha i did that the last time i watched star trek. i said hmmm i want their length

allmixedup88
December 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM
...You stare intently into kitchen cupboards to see what can and cannot be used on your hair to make it grow magically faster!

I thought I was the only one :-)

ingvild
December 6th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Augh, I totally feel like this. I love watching Torrin's youtube tutorials too, dreaming of when I can actually do them!!

What I want most of all though, is a long braid.

I braid my hair to bed, probably not necessary yet but it's just become a habit.

I jump for joy when I'm wearing the bra that rides just sliiightly up, because I'm suddenly much closer to bsl :-P then I get sad again when wearing the bras that ride lower XP (those are the "official bras", haha.)

LocustSpawning
December 6th, 2010, 03:31 PM
You have constant dreams of your hair being twice the length (if not more) and wake up HATING your hair.

Intransigentia
December 6th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I jump for joy when I'm wearing the bra that rides just sliiightly up, because I'm suddenly much closer to bsl :-P then I get sad again when wearing the bras that ride lower XP (those are the "official bras", haha.)

Yeah, I always have to wear the same, lower-riding bra under my hair-measuring shirt or I feel like I chaeted.

Coan-Teen
December 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM
When you read through 24 pages of comments and identify with ALL of them. ^_^

sunshine80
December 6th, 2010, 09:15 PM

:rollin::rollin::rollin: Isnt that the truth lol!

pinchbeck
December 6th, 2010, 10:47 PM
You know you're a long hair when everyone else is getting their hair cut more than you are!

rena
December 7th, 2010, 08:09 AM
When your bathroom is full to overflowing of different hair products for trying, cones, no cones, proteins, protein free, various intensive conditioners, bottles and bars of shampoo, leave in, and some oils and aloe vera gel.

Lol! Yeeeeees. My mom teases me about having every single hair product on the planet! :p

rena
December 7th, 2010, 08:11 AM

And thats why I can't think of my own "you know when" because they're all taken!

Fethenwen
December 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee482/THE_MARTIAN666/lursa-betor.jpg
They do have some mighty impressive hair :D
---

Lets see if I got one... when you try to make some up dos that wont work that well with your hair length, but you do them often anyway to see if your hair is starting to be long enough to hold them.
Getting a hair craze after seeing some beautiful super long hair pics, I sometimes get these. I get super protective with my hair for a few days and just wish it would grow faster :pray: I'm right in the middle of one just now. I have been wearing a scarf for days, to protect it from the cold, and I wash it more seldom and have it oiled. It does wonders though.

klcqtee
December 23rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
envisioning how much weight you'll have lost by this time next year, you think to yourself how nice and long your hair will be by then (since I've heard exercise helps boost growth).

I do this all the time! I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

Jezerellica
December 24th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Yes!! Love this one!! :D

kattygf
December 24th, 2010, 01:10 AM
when you google images of your goal length hair daily or are obsessed with a person you know with long hair

Intransigentia
December 31st, 2010, 12:43 PM
When your braid gets caught between your pillow and the headboard of your bed - and you're excited because it now it's long enough to do that.

(I'll feel like a real longhair when I'm carefully tucking my braid into the crease between the pillow and the headboard, and leaving myself some slack for tossing and turning.)

PeaceLoveHair
December 31st, 2010, 09:45 PM
When you obssess relentlessly about wanitng to be a long hair...hehe

LadyG
December 31st, 2010, 10:02 PM
When you surf the Etsy sites and buy your toys one size too big, because you know they won't be there next year......

DeaBellona
January 1st, 2011, 03:49 PM
Oh, and when you pull one of DBF's waist-length hairs out of your bra strap, compare it to your own and feel a pang of jealousy.

I have the same problem...grrr.....my BF has almost tailbone length hair......and I want hair that long badly!

Ligeia_13
March 2nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
You have constant dreams of your hair being twice the length (if not more) and wake up HATING your hair.

...Guilty :p

CarpeDM
March 2nd, 2011, 08:12 AM
You look forward to your monthly hair measuring dates that are marked on the calendar!