PDA

View Full Version : newbie from new york here

SweetRedCheery
April 26th, 2008, 07:42 PM
hey guys!
i haven't been on lhc since the old one was taken down, and since then i've added side bangs and layers (even though i had been growing them out, i have no will power :o)
everyone has such beautiful soft hair, one thing i'm wondering though, are there any other heads of asian hair here? just wondering, since that's the type i have :D
any tips for a newbie?

Rae~
April 26th, 2008, 08:50 PM
My hair type is so completely different to yours, I'm afraid I have no actual advice.... except perhaps try oil to maintain moisture in the ends and add shine?

Anyway, welcome (back!) to the boards and good luck with your growing! :flowers:

firebird
April 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Welcome! I'm afraid I don't have the same hair type as you either, but I'm sure you'll find loads of helpful advice and info here. Your hair looks beautiful and shiny, good luck with growing :)

levelek
May 1st, 2008, 03:07 AM
Hi SRC and welcome! I wonder if there are any hairtypes that you don't find on the LHC.
You can search for members with a given hair classification by clicking on members list above, and doing an advanced search. Hopefully this link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/memberlist.php?do=search) will take you there.

ETA: my classification might not seem so far from yours, but I think it works out as a fairly different hairtype. For what it's worth, my hair used to be everything but soft until I started using conditioner (ahem) and oiling it. So keeping your hair moistured is a big part of it. Clarifying your hair to do away buildup, and switching to products that don't contain silicones ('cones) can also make your hair feel softer.
But a C or an M/C will always feel different to an F.

mira-chan
May 1st, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hello neighbor and welcome! :waving:

I don't have Asian hair but I do have coarse hair. For me, I second the avoiding silicones, oil helps hair feel softer too. My hair will never feel as soft and silky as my friend's who that fine hair (each hair is very thin) but it still feels soft and pliable for coarse hair (and not like metal wire it looks like).