PDA

View Full Version : I HATE My cars Seatbelt...If It Pulls My hair one ..more..time...

SunshineHair
December 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Almost daily I get in the passenger side of the car when my husband and I go off, and the seat belt always finds a way to pull like 1 strand of my hair....You know how much it hurts to have one hair pullled! I manage to gentle pull it out without snapping my hairs but I cannot tell you how cranky it makes me!!!

:mad:

pilateschick7
December 28th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I had the the same issue with my husband's 1996 Buick. It made me so frustrated that it contributed to selling the car. The car's air conditioning also went out around the same time:)

Gumball
December 28th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Ah that is definitely one of the benefits of keeping my hair bunned most of the time and braided/banded when it isn't bunned. When one hair gets snagged ooh that's annoying.

Stormcast
December 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Oh, I know what you're talking about!! I hate that!
Also, straps from back-packs and purse straps pull my hair. D;

Gypsy
December 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Oh, I know what you're talking about!! I hate that!
Also, straps from back-packs and purse straps pull my hair. D;

Same here with the purses.
All my purses pull a few hairs, even if I think I have the hair all situated to be out of the way, there always is one or two that gets caught.

thelittleredfox
December 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
My hair is tb length and I really have to be careful about wearing it down.

For me it isn't so much the seatbelt as the car door. Some loose strands always waft out and get trapped as I shut it. And I work in a library which can be a nightmare. If I don't trap it in the till, I shut it inside a customer's books when I'm stamping them :)

sarahbrownie
December 28th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Same here with the purses.
All my purses pull a few hairs, even if I think I have the hair all situated to be out of the way, there always is one or two that gets caught.

Purses and bookbags! I have several textbooks that are 700+, so my bag can be very heavy. Slinging my bag over my shoulders carelessly can pull some of my hair or get trapped under the strap, and boy does it aggravate me!

Crown of Glory
December 28th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Argh! I understand! And my understanding makes me want to laugh, 'cause I know exactly how you feel. And then family says, "What's wrong?"
With a snarl, you say, "Nothing!"
"Well gee, you needn't be grumpy about it!"
They just don't understand, do they? lol!

Ravenwaves 88
December 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
My hair is tb length and I really have to be careful about wearing it down.

For me it isn't so much the seatbelt as the car door. Some loose strands always waft out and get trapped as I shut it. And I work in a library which can be a nightmare. If I don't trap it in the till, I shut it inside a customer's books when I'm stamping them :)

Oh my gosh that is funny about the book stamping.....ha ha....here's your book and some hair!

I try my best to sling my hair to the left sholder before and after buckling as it eats my hair as it retracts. Luckily it's bunned most of the time anyways.

heidihug
December 28th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Oooh, I hate that. Another reason I always wear my hair up. No way to easily untangle a 48" hair from the seat belt retractor!

redwoman
December 28th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Ouch!! I hate that too! Or my purse strap, even my own armpit if you can believe that. Makes me just want to hit something. LOL.

aahavaa
December 28th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I get lots of split ends on the left side of my hair yet almost none on my right.The only logical explanation I can find is my seat belt.The fact that I also wear bags on that side doesnt help.I know I should put my hair up but with all the layers I have and my complete ineptness at hairdos its easier to just suffer the damage.

JenniferNoel
December 28th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I know what you mean! Basically anything that has a strap tends to pull my hair, and it's not even that long. I think I'm just clumsy with bags and seat belts. It's rather frustrating, and it's causing me to wear my hair up more and more lately. :headache:

marikamt
December 28th, 2009, 04:47 PM
:lol:

On a windy day, dh and I were going out and I got in his car, shut the door and tried to move and my head was yanked back to the window...... I had shut my hair in the door!!!!!!! Of course dh thought it was very funny.........

Monkey962
December 28th, 2009, 05:06 PM
:lol:

On a windy day, dh and I were going out and I got in his car, shut the door and tried to move and my head was yanked back to the window...... I had shut my hair in the door!!!!!!! Of course dh thought it was very funny.........

I've had that exact thing happen to me. Now I've learned to instinctively lean way into the car while closing the door to make sure all my hair is safely inside. :D

EdG
December 28th, 2009, 05:27 PM
My solution is to put my hair over my right shoulder before getting into the car. I then put on my seatbelt (under my hair). Finally, I let my hair fall into my lap.

This works pretty well for avoiding snags. :)
Ed

spidermom
December 28th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Time to put your hair up when you're going to be out and busy.

SunshineHair
December 28th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I cant wear my hair up or back, if it isnt falling over my shoulders I feel ugly!

I just need to remember to move it before it has that chance!!!

EmpressRi
December 28th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Story of my life. Of COURSE when I'm trying to pull down the seatbelt to wear it, it doesn't want to cooperate. But it sure flies up and takes my hair with it!

Speaking of which, my purse, my totebag, my mom's christmas wreath on the door. The mail lady almost had to help untangle me the other day! Went to get the mail and starting fussing when I realized I was stuck to the darn thing when I tried to walk forward to get the mail from her!

BettyBumpyDoo
December 28th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I have a car that does the same thing...lol....Maybe you should sell it....Or buy clips for the seat belts?:cheese:

SunshineHair
December 29th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I will just sell it!!!!!

emi77
December 29th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Purses and bookbags! I have several textbooks that are 700+, so my bag can be very heavy. Slinging my bag over my shoulders carelessly can pull some of my hair or get trapped under the strap, and boy does it aggravate me!

This happens with my school bag too!- its so annoying! Sometimes you're in a rush and don't have time to be careful and... snag!!! One hair gone forever! grrrrr....

This is also the reason why I love buns! :o

embee
December 29th, 2009, 06:28 AM
The bit about getting caught in the Christmas wreath about made me laugh my oatmeal onto the keyboard!

The thing *I* hate is the car headrest thingy... my hair is long so I wear it up most of the time. And my bun doesn't like that headrest one bit.

Also, I have a jacket with velcro closers on the front. Oh no, bad clothing choice if I have a braid.

Sunkawakan
December 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
oh, the value of a hair stick. I NEVER get in the car with my hair down. Just putting my coat on automatically makes me reach for a clip - wear it up in the car, take down when I get out - repeat. Keep clips & hair sticks in the car just for that purpose.

EmpressRi
December 31st, 2009, 05:06 PM
I just thought of one more gripe...I have to wear a headset for work and sometimes the part where you can adjust traps my hair and pulls on it! I could have sworn that my hair started breaking a bit on top when I started this job but I'm not sure. I need to figure out a way to put a satin covering on top so it will stop grabbing my strands.

Libilou
December 31st, 2009, 05:38 PM
I have this problem in my car. If I leave my hair down, I have to remember to throw it over my right shoulder to keep it from going up into the seat belt thingy (yes, I know, technical I am not).

It hurts when it goes up in there.

I have a problem during the summer also, when I roll my window up.

The perils of long hair!