PDA

View Full Version : SMT saved me from cutting!

lillylonghair
December 28th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I have been considering cutting an inch or two off my ends since my hair has been soo dry. Which at my length (not quite APL!) is major.

I was putting some coconut oil through my ends before my shower when I decided on a whim to mix up some SMT.I used VO5 White Tea Therapy,some clover honey and Lily of the Valley aloe. Which I always have in the frigde as a cleansing drink.

I slathered it all over my oiled hair,wrapped my head in saran wrap for about 30 minutes and hopped in the shower. I left my head wrapped up while I cleaned so the treatmen could penetrate even more. I did not shampoo,just rinsed.

Wowza my hair feels great!:cheese: It feels so soft and silky. I think my hair may be singing today.....

Pear Martini
December 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Yay! Good for you... I might have to try this now. I just dont like the feeling of honey dripping all over me.

lillylonghair
December 28th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Yay! Good for you... I might have to try this now. I just dont like the feeling of honey dripping all over me.

I didn't have that problem. I think because I put in on dry hair. But to anyone who hasn't tried it,go for it! It is really worth a shot. I even did it on my moms hair and her curls look phenomenal!

little_acorn
December 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM
SMTs work wonders for me too - I'm glad they've saved you from cutting :D

lillylonghair
December 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Me too Little acorn! At this length I do not want to sacrfice any inches. I am working so hard to baby my hair.

Kristin
December 28th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I'm new here...What is SMT?

jera
December 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM
SMT is Snowy's moisture treatment. Congrats btw on saving your hair. :D

klcqtee
December 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hm, tempting. I'd like to try this, because I'm at the point you were. Too much damage, maybe it's just time for the ends to go?

Hopefully this will let me keep my poor ends for a few more months!

Brat
December 28th, 2009, 06:57 PM

The honey should be well mixed.. and if you cover it with plastic, there should be no dripping, unless you mixed up way too much

redneckprincess
December 28th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Congrats...*dreamaly**Oh, how I wish I'd heard of SMT when I had my pixie cut in 19-20 months ago It is amazing though isnt it ☺

lillylonghair
December 28th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Congrats...*dreamaly**Oh, how I wish I'd heard of SMT when I had my pixie cut in 19-20 months ago It is amazing though isnt it ☺

Yes,it sure is.This is really going to help me on my goal of no cuts for a year!