PDA

View Full Version : Hello Long Haired Lovelies!

SlightlySoprano
December 27th, 2009, 09:12 PM
So, I finally have subjected my brain to enough torture and made the decision to officially grow out my hair, and in order to do so, I went searching for moral support which brought me right to your doorstep! I was so glad to be approved!

I'm 20 years old, currently a Junior at the University of Delaware. I am a vocal performance major, and I love to sing opera. Yes you read that right. I sing opera.:D

I had my hair about BSL when i was 17 but it was treated and dyed and just plain awful, so i chopped it all off about 3 years ago, and kept it at shoulder length since. Right now I'm about 2-3" below shoulder length!

My current goals is BSL, then hopefully waist! We'll see what happens when I get there, taking it one day at a time.

One last question... what does APL stand for? That's the one acronym I've really been confused about.

Thank you! :cheese:

SlightlySoprano
December 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I knew I forgot to mention something

I think my hair would be classified as somewhere between 2b and 2c, it really depends on the day on how curly it feels like being.

Kris Dove
December 28th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Hello and welcome!

APL= Arm Pit Length... the length your hair looks to be in your pic in fact!

30isthenewblack
December 28th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Welcome! Love the name :)

Chanteuse87
December 28th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Welcome :) I'm in vocal performance, too, just finishing up my senior year. Hope you enjoy the forums, there's a ton of info here and people are genuinely nice, which is wonderful.

Captain Nikki
December 28th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Hi & welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

Allen
December 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Dear slightlysoprano,

First...welcome to the community. You will find quite a few excellent musicians here and yes, there will even be a few of us who enjoy opera. Me? Oberlin Conservatory of Music alum who enjoys opera. Have fun!

Allen

intothemist1999
December 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Welcome! Opera rocks!

Alto II here :D

Sweetness
December 29th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Good luck with all your hair goals ! And thank you for asking about APL, I'm new too and a little confused with some acronyms :p

Spring
December 29th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Welcome Slightlysoprano! :waving:

I've always wanted to be able to sing soprano :p

intothemist1999
December 29th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I think if you go to the top of any section, there are some "sticky threads" with different general information. There's a link to LHC abbreviations, which you can find here:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10)