PDA

View Full Version : Crunchy hair. Ugh.

coscass
December 27th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I got out of the shower today, did my usual routine, and a couple hours later-- my hair is crunchy to the touch, and feels filmy and product-y. WHY? I didn't use any more or less conditioner than I normally do. The only different thing I did today was plop my hair, while normally I let it air dry. Could that be why?

I don't use any product besides condish and MAYBE a LITTLE bit of gel to smooth braids and such. What the heck is going on?

manderly
December 28th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Sounds like it may be time to clarify. Just add a sprinkle of BS to your next wash or CO and see if that helps.

GlassEyes
December 28th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Agreed with manderly--but only if you're cone-free. If not, try an SLS shampoo without cones.

Also, try scrunching out the crunch. I sometimes get it from conditioner alone. :shrug:

lapushka
December 28th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Maybe it's your gel. I had that with alcohol-based gels; they dried my hair out and made it crunchy - I needed to clarify far more as well.

coscass
December 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Sounds like it may be time to clarify. Just add a sprinkle of BS to your next wash or CO and see if that helps.

I can just add BS to my conditioner and it'll be all good? What's the difference between that and using a BS+water solution?

LilyMunster
December 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM
BS Both with water or condish would be same result.

Pony Girl
December 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
My hair gets crunchy if it's really dry since it is so porous. Moisture is the key. I agree with the clarifying then try doing a really good moisture treatment.