PDA

View Full Version : CO washers, question.

coscass
December 27th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Those of you that are strictly CO, do you EVER clarify? I don't use product in my hair- maybe every once in a while a little gel, but otherwise, nothing. I don't even use frizz serum anymore, I just use a little condish.

I've noticed people saying their hair stats to shed like crazy. Mine always did this, so I thought nothing of it. But now I'm wondering, if I don't clarify every once in a while, could all this condish clog my pores and make me start to lose my hair?

lol, I'm so paranoid. P.S I colour my hair red, and I don't have 1 regular brand, I jump around. Last brand on my head was Garnier true red.

misspriss
December 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Well, I do occasionally. I don't know why, I just do.

I find that I shed a lot, but, since I only wash every 3-5 days, I think it is normal. I think that people shed somewhere between 50 and 200 hairs a day, normally. I don't brush my hair much at all, and then I wash pretty far apart, that could be up to 150-1000 hairs per wash! Normal!

ETA I color my hair black, and burgundy,CO'ing makes it fade worse than shampoo/conditioner. I lose color for months after I color, every time I wash, (well, CO), color pours out of my hair.

handsclean
December 27th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I only clairify when I use a product with cones. Other than that, never.. and my shed rate is really low.

misspriss
December 27th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Okay, and when I say that I shed a lot, it's not that much.

It's a big ball of hair, but my hair is getting kind of long. I guess if I counted the hairs, it would be 75-100 hairs, at most. 30-60 on a normal day.

rumi
December 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Heya, I use cone fee stuff every 3-4 days and I do still get a little build up that eventually would lead to drying so I like to clarify very 4-6 weeks to make sure the oils and conditioners are able to do their job. The dye is probably doing a little clarifying aswell. I use Red Live and the wash before and first wash after I always use a shampoo bar so my hair gets a really good strip and the dye can penetrate the hair without obstruction, I let it air dry after as it doesn't have any protection against the heat from he dryer. My hair has always shed a lot but I've noticed that it sheds more after a dye and clarify. I've also noticed more shedding after a deep oil treatment (but that could be because I let my hair go longer without a wash before an oil treatment)

Elainehali
December 27th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I use shampoo maybe once a month (before that time of the month) cause I get very excessive oil that week. The rest of the time CO works for me.

You might need to clairfy more if you use products.

squidgetroo
December 27th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I've only had to clarify once in the two months since I've started CO, due to slight buildup from a few infrequent applications of a 'cone smoothing serum. Other than that, I've had no problems; most of the time I use coconut oil instead of cones. I CO every 3 days or so...any less than that and my hair gets really greasy and limp. I do seem to shed alot, and using conditioner only hasn't seemed to increase or decrease that.