PDA

View Full Version : Where are your natural highlights?

sapphire-o
December 27th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I was fiddling with DH's hair. He has obvious highlights from the summer and it's mostly the top layer of his length. When I studied mine I discovered something weird: my lightest hair is at the nape, underneath all my hair. :o I do have some highlights on top and near the ears, but when I lift all my hair, the hair under is the lightest. What's the deal with that? I usually wear my hair down when I go out so that part hardly ever see any sun.

I wonder if anybody else share my weird highlights pattern. :D

spidermom
December 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM
My highlights are silver and they're mostly on the right side near the temple, although I've got silver and white all over the place now.

physicschick
December 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
My "highlights" are mostly in the front parts of my hair (from the ears forward). They're partially mechanical damage rather than sun lightening. Sapphire-o, your pattern of highlights is really weird. :)

pepperminttea
December 27th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I have a similar thing - my natural coppers tend to be near the nape or in the lower layers of my hair (I'm an auburn-ish brunette). I'll be watching this thread! :)

Hay22
December 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
My hair is dark, but I have blonde highlights underneath it all. You can really only tell if flip my hair over and do a super deep part near my ears. No clue why it does this, but someone pointed it out a couple of years ago and now everyone teases me about being a blonde in disguise.

JenniferNoel
December 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Before I started coloring, I had the same highlight pattern. Most of the bottom layers were noticeably lighter than the top layers for some reason. Also, the hairs towards the back of my head seemed to be a little lighter when closely examined.

Misha
December 27th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I have highlights just like yours sapphire-o :). Mine I believe are the result of friction on jacket collars worn much of the year with this cold/wet weather here in Canada (alas, summer is too short :().

Amara
December 27th, 2009, 06:07 PM
That's a weird pattern! (I hope you know I don't mean that in any bad way! Just unusual!) Mine are near my tempes and on the very top.

paperwhite
December 27th, 2009, 06:08 PM
My brother and I both get blonde-ish highlights just left of center in the front of our hairlines and I also get some lightening near my temples and ears. :)

curlylocks85
December 27th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I have natural red and blonde highlights. I have recently started parting my hair on the side and I can see the red very well now. The blonde hair is on my right side in the front and can be seen more in the summer (Thanks mom) LOL.

shockinglength
December 27th, 2009, 08:56 PM
My natural highlight are mostly on the top layer and through my bangs.

meowmeow
December 28th, 2009, 02:37 AM
My hair is lighter at the nape too. Also, I found a single red hair on my left temple O_o. Not sure what caused that but interesting nonetheless.

Hiriel
December 28th, 2009, 02:51 AM
My highlights are boring and normal :p
I have lighter streaks down the length of the top layer of hair, which is considerably lighter than the bottom layers. Makes sense, since the bottom layers don't get much sunlight, and the hair further down my length has seen more summers than the roots.

melikai
December 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I have the same thing going on - my hair is lightest underneath the top layers! So weird. My darkest areas are at the front, top. Confounding.

Altocumulus
December 28th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Mine are just to each side of my part in the front, and at my nape. Weird, I know! It makes buns look very interesting!

maskedrose
December 28th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I do have a light chunk at my nape as well. I think for most of us its an actual color difference in the hair itself, not a result of sun lightening. My sun-lights are streaked through my canopy and around my face.

Stormcast
December 28th, 2009, 12:36 PM
My darker hair is under all my other hair, and near my temples its a washed out blond color, sort of gray-ish.

Kirzja
December 28th, 2009, 12:42 PM
My hair is darker underneath my other hair.
I am not sure if this has to do with sunlight, because when my hair was extremely short it was also lighter on top of my head.
Maybe a nice little experiment to part my hair to the far left side for a while and see if it changes..

Naamah
December 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
My highlights are on the top layer of my hair. They're a golden blond-ish color. I love them. :)

RocketDog
December 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
My little 'baby hairs' are always lightest - the ones at the nape of my neck and my temples that only grow a few inches. I get natural highlights over my canopy in the summer as well.

JCFantasy23
December 29th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Mine are top and temples but not the roots