PDA

View Full Version : I did my first "real" crown braid!

Amara
December 27th, 2009, 02:14 PM
For a while I've been wearing twin braids wrapped around my head, and also on occasion (when I have enough time while getting ready) I can do a circular french braid all around my head. I've heard that called a "coronet" and a "false crown braid."

I've been waiting patiently to be able to do a single braid and wrap it around my head - a "crown braid." Well, today I managed it! The top just barely sits where I want it to on top of my head (that would take more length) and the taper is very visible, since I just BARELY reach all the way around with no room to spare - the hair band at the bottom of my braid is RIGHT underneath the end of the french braid. And of course getting so far down on the braid you can see all the little wispies of my layers! But it worked! Now I can look forward to it getting easier and better looking, and eventually dispensing with the clippy - it seemed a good way to make it work for today since I don't have much ends to wrap around. Soon I'll try it with a regular english braid rather than a french (I just happened to be wearing a french and decided to try wrapping it to see where I was with regards to this style). And maybe next time my french braid will be straight, too!

Thanks for looking! <3

In the back left you can see some of my hair flowers and sticks. Teehee! And in the back right you can see LHC!
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/amara4lhc/016.jpg

curlylocks85
December 27th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Your hair is beautiful.

freckles
December 27th, 2009, 02:33 PM
That's amazing! I can't wait until my hair is long enough for this style! :D

Amara
December 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks curlylocks85 and freckles!!!

jera
December 27th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Wow, that is beautiful. She sighs with envy. :o Your hair is so thick and it takes a lot of length and patience to achieve that intricate braid. Congrats.

:cheese:

Elainehali
December 27th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Very cool. When I looked at it I was stumped.

I like the background. A hair website within a hair website!

PatGear
December 27th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Congratulations! But I thought one single braid wrapped around the head is called coronet braid and crown braid is the French (or dutch) braid around the head. Opposite of what you said. Either way, I'm impressed you can do both of them!

pepperminttea
December 27th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Looks beautiful - I'm green with envy!

redwoman
December 27th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Lovely. Wish I had the patience for one of those.

Latin Tea
December 27th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Lovely texture to your hair! So smooth and shiny and LONG. :)

Flaxen
December 27th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Congratulations! :cheese: That's my absolute favorite hairstyle, and yours looks gorgeous.

spidermom
December 27th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Oh my! I just tried this (my hair is french-braided down the back right now), and I can do it too. It looks almost just like yours, except different colors (of course). Thanks!

coscass
December 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM
That looks fantastic! I love it!

Amara
December 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Congratulations! But I thought one single braid wrapped around the head is called coronet braid and crown braid is the French (or dutch) braid around the head. Opposite of what you said. Either way, I'm impressed you can do both of them!

Haha, from what I've read here, I've just ended up confused, actually. I thought I'd figured it out but who knows. I think a lot of people say one and a lot say the other. :)

Amara
December 27th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Congratulations! :cheese: That's my absolute favorite hairstyle, and yours looks gorgeous.

Thanks!!! I bet it would look stupendous on your beautiful hair. :in love:

Oh my! I just tried this (my hair is french-braided down the back right now), and I can do it too. It looks almost just like yours, except different colors (of course). Thanks!

Nice!!! I want to see a pic!

Thank you to everyone for your comments! :flower: