PDA

View Full Version : Which ingredient makes shampoo "clarifying"?

Dreams_in_Pink
December 27th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I have a SLS and cone-free shampoo (made for babies). I was thinking if it can "clarify" hair or not. Which ingredient(s) in shampoos clarify hair?

TIA :D

Shermie Girl
December 27th, 2009, 08:26 AM
For clarifying, you need a pretty good detergent. ALS and SLS both do the trick. (I personally like and use ALS for clarifying.) Choose a clear or semi clear non moisturising, cone free shampoo. You don't have to buy a "clarifying" shampoo to clarify.

Dreams_in_Pink
December 27th, 2009, 08:38 AM
For clarifying, you need a pretty good detergent. ALS and SLS both do the trick. (I personally like and use ALS for clarifying.) Choose a clear or semi clear non moisturising, cone free shampoo. You don't have to buy a "clarifying" shampoo to clarify.

now this is good news :D my shampoo is a clear one with no cones, it has a few ingredients and SLS.

Shermie Girl
December 27th, 2009, 09:39 AM
now this is good news :D my shampoo is a clear one with no cones, it has a few ingredients and SLS.

That should do the trick. :D

Gothic Lolita
December 27th, 2009, 10:14 AM
And if you really don't want to use someting like ALS or SLS, you could add a bit of Baking Soda to your shampoo, mix it with warm water and wash with this. I also use baby shampoo without anything, and if I need to clarify, this usually does the trick for me.