PDA

View Full Version : Is this a problem other people have?

Cholera
December 26th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I've noticed that when I put anything on my scalp (such as lots of oil, mayonnaise, SMT), I get a headache. I don't think it's because of the smell, as oil doesn't smell, and I wrap up my hair pretty securely when I use mayo or an SMT.. It's really bugging me, though! I like to treat my hair, but if I leave something on for longer than a half hour, I get a horrible headache.

Does anyone else have this reaction? What do you do about it? Did it go away?

(Sorry if I should have posted this in the Polls section!)

jojo
December 26th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I sometimes get headaches with things on my head, mainly MTG oil the sulphur based stuff gives me bad headaches. I have had headaches with vinegar based stuff too.

Could try mixing a nice smelling oi like ylang ylang or tangerine that may help.

I need to do this too, but oftern just put it on forgetting about the headaches!

ItalianFlower
December 26th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Well, what I do is just avoid the scalp. I do stuff only to the length and use Head and Shoulders for anything involving the scalp...that's worked pretty well for me, since the new growth on scalp doesn't need a lot.

enfys
December 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
If you are wrapping up tightly could it be a headache from the pressure?

I get a headache from the weight but try and tell myself the results are worth it.

Ursula
December 26th, 2009, 05:34 PM
(Sorry if I should have posted this in the Polls section!)

No reason to put this in the "polls" section, unless you're going to make a poll for the thread.

It sounds to me as if you want discussion of a hair issue, which makes the Mane board perfect!

Kris Dove
December 26th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Nope- I use a turbie towel so that might help. I do get headaches from tight buns or high ponytails though.