PDA

View Full Version : It finally happened! I now know what it feels like to be proud of my curls!

coscass
December 26th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I went to the mall earlier today and I passed a kiosk. This guy was brandishing the newest, sleekest flat iron out. He saw me and said, 'would you like your hair flat ironed?' I told him, 'no thanks, I like my curls!' and then he offered to show me how to curl my hair with the iron. I said, 'Why? I get beautiful curls naturally, that don't take any time, heat, or cost me a dime!'

Of course he didn't accept that answer and asked again, when I just said ' no thanks' and walked away lol.
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

embee
December 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Good! It's a wonder you didn't have to run away fast, some of those kiosk people can be really pushy!

Your curls *are* lovely. You have every reason to be pleased with them. :)

SunshineHair
December 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
See I could never have a job where you are encouraged NOT to listen to the customers!!!

Your hair is awesome :)

pepperminttea
December 26th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Good for you! :D

Speckla
December 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Woot! Your curls are drool, envy worthy!

GlamFanatic
December 26th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Ugh, I agree, kiosk workers can be insane. However that is why I got out of 'stylist' work almost as soon as I got out of cosmetology school, it appeared that the only way to build a clientele /make money was to convince people to do the opposite of nature intended and PUSH the chemical services. It all just felt so wrong!

coscass
December 26th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Ugh, I agree, kiosk workers can be insane. However that is why I got out of 'stylist' work almost as soon as I got out of cosmetology school, it appeared that the only way to build a clientele /make money was to convince people to do the opposite of nature intended and PUSH the chemical services. It all just felt so wrong!I, too, was in cosmetology school, and I'm having some major qualms about it now. I still have to take my boards, actually. I feel bad for pushing all these products on people, knowing what's in them and what they'll do and all that. It just doesn't really feel right anymore.

GlamFanatic
December 26th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I wish I had a good suggestion for you. I just dropped it entirely after briefly working in a salon, besides pushing what you know is wrong, I could NEVER satisfy a customer who insisted they wanted their hair cut short....only to then cry and moan and be upset afterward.

I guess if you could convince people to work with what they have , keep it straight if it's naturally straight, curly if it's curly, etc.

I hope you'll have better luck at it then I did!!!

SunshineHair
December 26th, 2009, 09:35 PM
GlamFanatic I am sooo proud of you for doing what was right. I am sorry you had to lose what your trainned for. But maybe you could find a way to do things naturally :) Wouldnt that be a great way to make a living :)

coscass
December 26th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I wish I had a good suggestion for you. I just dropped it entirely after briefly working in a salon, besides pushing what you know is wrong, I could NEVER satisfy a customer who insisted they wanted their hair cut short....only to then cry and moan and be upset afterward.

I guess if you could convince people to work with what they have , keep it straight if it's naturally straight, curly if it's curly, etc.

I hope you'll have better luck at it then I did!!!
That, too. Can't tell you how many people came into the school to get their hair cut, wanted it short, short, short, then left upset. Even with gentle persuasion, sometimes things just don't work. And I doubt you'd keep a job very long-- our job is to make people look good, not really "educate" them about things, aside from what products they "Should have"

SunshineHair
December 26th, 2009, 10:44 PM
coscass wouldnt it be a good idea if all salons had the computer images to show what your hair would look like as different styles, and show it in motion! I am sure those have been created but I mean for all salons!!

rchorr
December 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM
LOL! I'm sure he was upset with that answer. After all, if we were all happy with what we had, we wouldn't be buying much! It's almost like they think "how DARE you not buy anything!" LOL!

:silly:

RCHORR'