PDA

View Full Version : Cones and CWC method.

LILBERT
December 26th, 2009, 06:43 AM
hiya, i did a search but couldnt find anything that related to this so please forgive me if im repeating an already exhausted discussion.

Im a cone user, and am planning on starting the CWC method. if i use a cone conditioner, then shampoo and rinse, then apply some more cone conditioner, do you think i am going to get too much build up? or would it be better to use a non cone, then a cone after shampoo is rinsed out? im curious what you all do and your methods.
thanks
:)

Lemur_Catta
December 26th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I *think* it would be better to start with a cheap, no cone conditioner, and then apply the cone conditioner after shampoo. The first conditioner protects the length from shampoo, so it doesn't have to be very thick or very moisturizing. Anything cheap and runny will work, IMO.
But every head is different, so you have to try on yourself :) I don't think it would be harmful to do as you say, but you would just waste good, maybe expensive conditioner.

LILBERT
December 26th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Aye, thats what i was thinking. :) was just wondering if maybe a cone conditioner would protect the length more? but i do oil so im guessing that with conditioner should be enough. thanks!

Jeni
December 26th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I CWC with cones and have never noticed a build up issue when using cones twice. I should note that I have never really notice buildup ever so...

I usually use cheapy cone free conditioner for the first C. For me the first C doesn't matter as much as the 2nd C. For this reason its just "smarter" money wise to use the cheapy stuff...If I'm traveling and don't want to haul around lots of product I will just use 1 conditioner (cone) for both.

pepperedmoth
December 26th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I think it'd depend on your particular shampoo . .. I tried this for a while and got awful buildup . . .

AprilElf
December 26th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I usually do my CWC with coney conditioners first and second. I haven't had any build-up problems, but I'm only washing once a week and clarify every 4-6 weeks also.

andrea1982
December 27th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I usually just oil my hair before washing, and I consider the oil the first "C". I don't get build up this way, and the extra oil on the length prevents my shampoo from stripping too much.

GlassEyes
December 27th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Should be fine. You may want to use a sulfate and cone-free shampoo as your W, but you can probably get away with a sulfate free one for a while. Eventually, you'll probably have to clarify if you get wonky hair, but that's about it.

Marika
December 27th, 2009, 04:42 AM
I use cheap/disappointing conditioners as first C and quality ones as last C. I haven't noticed more build-up even if both Cs have cones. I CWC twice a week (CO wash on other days) and I clarify every 6-8 weeks or so. I also use oils and a leave-in serum full of cones.