PDA

View Full Version : I Get Headaches From Headbands...

SunshineHair
December 25th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I have tried all kinds, most of the ones I had were soft, didnt squeeze or pull. But after about 30 minutes my headache would always happen when wearing one.

The year of 2006 when I chopped my hair off to my scalp I bought a few wigs--but I called them' New hair' And they were just a little tight. Sure enough they gave me headaches.

Anybody else have this issue??

Ursula
December 25th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I have a hard time with headbands, too, particularly because my head is fairly large. The only ones I've had work are the "versatile headbands" sold at tznius.com. You'll see similar ones in stores, but I've found that they are skimpier in the material that makes the top part of the headband, not as soft, and tend to be made from fabrics that are slippery rather than grippy, so they don't stay in place.

http://www.tznius.com

Carolyn
December 25th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I have the same problem. I have a large head. Headbands are either too tight and they hurt so bad I can't stand it or they work themselves back and pop right off. The only one that works for me and is comfortable is a skinny plastic one by France Luxe.

SunshineHair
December 25th, 2009, 02:24 PM
There was a small part of me that always worries I have a brain tumor! Good to know you guys react the same way...Feel better!!!

Oskimosa
December 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM
They give me headaches too, especially the ones that go all the way around. Something about the pressure at the base of my scalp or nape of my neck. The ones that just go over the top just hurt behind my ears.

Guess they aren't for everyone!

Fiferstone
December 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I don't get headaches per se, but I do get strange aches at the temples, from the combined pressure of the ends of the headband, and the temple pieces of my glasses.

I've been eyeing the "jelly" headbands at CVS with some interest, because I like how headbands look on me, but the elastic kind never stay in my hair, so I fear that the new "jelly" ones will likewise not work.

Dreams_in_Pink
December 25th, 2009, 03:23 PM
same here, especially metal ones. I have to adjust the band from time to time.

Rose J.
December 25th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I can tolerate the stretchy ones fine, but the plastic ones almost always hurt behind my ears. I love these: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10789444
Once I tried the normal style, but I couldn't stand it so I had to return them. I always end up coming back to these.

spidermom
December 25th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I can wear them for awhile but not all day. They either slide off or give me a headache.

Chromis
December 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I get headaches from headbands so I just don't wear em.

anna1850
December 25th, 2009, 06:45 PM
If you can afford them, the metal ones from Ficcare are awesome. You can bend them into a U shape so they don't put much pressure at all on the side of your head. I've got a couple already plus 2 more coming to me in the post. I totally forget I'm wearing them, even if they've been on all day.

I did have a good similar metal one from Claire's but that has now started to turn green as the coating rubbed off I guess (I kept wearing it with wet hair) - but it was good whilst it lasted. However, I've mostly had bad, not very bendy, ones from Claire's. I think the key is what shape they are; if they are basically a U shape and you can bend them a bit then that's good. If the arms bend so much they almost meet and you can't bend it into another shape, it's going to put pressure behind your ears and give you a headache, in my experience.

SunshineHair
December 26th, 2009, 01:03 AM
I love Clairs headbands!! I just wish i can wear them!

Tornerose
December 26th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Yeah I get headaches too... If they don't slide off within 2 minutes that is, as most do,

rags
December 26th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I get headaches from almost every headband I have tried. The two I can wear are the ones from Goody's which are bent at the ear to prevent headaches, and Ficcare's. I do have to bend the Ficcare ones out, but I can wear them all day and forget I have them on.

ProverbsGirl
October 7th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I have issues with this too. Even pushing my sunglasses up on my head will make it hurt after a few minutes. I hope to find one that won't cause pain one of these days.

velorutionista
October 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I've given up on headbands--the horse-shoe shaped ones invariably hurt behind my ears after half an hour or so, and the fabric ones that go all the way around never stay on my head (maybe my head is a weird shape or something b/c when I try to tie a scarf around it slips off, too...)