PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my bangs?

coscass
December 24th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I have to go to a christmas party in about 3 hours. My bangs have grown out, not horribly so, they're about to my mouth. You can check my album if you need to see.

Anyway, I braided my hair last night to get all over waves. But I forgot to braid BANGS, and don't have a crimper (I'd probably crimp my bangs at this point :/) I tried using a curling iron on them quickly, but yeah, not working.

What can I do with them? At this point, they're like one big, heavy block over my eye. I plan to wear my hair like Jenette McCurdy, but instead of curly, with my waves. See the sides pulled back? Like that, so I can't do a poof or anything. I'm at a loss. Should I dampen them and braid them and hope they turn out, or what?

Maybe you guys will have some cuter ideas. Thanks!

http://images.tvrage.com/people/10/27517.jpg

eyesofsummer
December 24th, 2009, 11:47 AM
What if you do a side part like in the picture, and just tuck the bangs behind your ears (kind of side-swept bangs)? In the picture it looks like the hair at her crown is all straight anyway. Are they long enough that they would stay put behind your ears? If not, maybe a fun little clip could keep them pulled back and blend them in with the length.

Speckla
December 24th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Can you dampen them, braid, and then blow dry to make them dry fast and looked crimped when you undo the braid? Or pull them to one side and use a bobbypin or cute barrette to hold them in place.

Do you have any red or green ribbons to wear as a headband? You could hold your bangs back like the or use a real headband.

coscass
December 24th, 2009, 11:48 AM
What if you do a side part like in the picture, and just tuck the bangs behind your ears (kind of side-swept bangs)? In the picture it looks like the hair at her crown is all straight anyway. Are they long enough that they would stay put behind your ears? If not, maybe a fun little clip could keep them pulled back and blend them in with the length.
I might be able to do that, but mine'd look weird. My part isn't over as far as hers is (I only have bangs on one side, I don't even have them cut on the other or a face frame) so maybe if I pull some hair from the other side and clip it back behind my ear. I don't really like my bangs plastered down like that, but I don't have many options lol