PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Eve Hair

julliams
December 24th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I read a post where people talked about how they were going to do their hair for Christmas. I hadn't really thought about it but decided to give "plopping" a try because I haven't worn my hair really curly in a while.

I COed with a minty smelling conditioner by Freedom Body (they don't make it anymore) sopped up most of the wet with a towel by squeezing only then combed through with a wide tooth comb. I followed this with a generous dollop of Giovanni leave in. Then I used a dry towel to "plop my hair" so that thick fat curls would form. There was minor scrunching going on but only through the towel. I let dry and it went like this.

I'm including three pics here. My first pic here at LHC was brushed out hair as I used to wear it (september 9th). The second is "leave it to let it dry" hair from September 16th 2009 ( I may have scrunched a little) and the third is Christmas Eve 2009. I'm thrilled with the way the curls turned out. You are looking at pics taken in daylight and one taken at night which would account for the third pic looking much shinier. But I'd also like to think that it is due to pampering for the last 3 months!!

Goes to show how different hair can look according to the drying process - all without heat of couse.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2738/4211331962_b3cbe0967c.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4211270218_b2c014df64.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2668/4210472123_64099a88bc.jpg

Tangerine
December 24th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Oh wow, you have glorious hair! It already looks great in the first picture, but is stunning in the second!

Merry Christmas!

ETA Ok so you added an extra picture ... Looks great in all 3 :D

mellie
December 24th, 2009, 08:32 AM
That's really pretty!! I want to learn how to do that! My hair has some natural waviness/slight curl to it, but then when I brush it out they're gone.

Pixna
December 24th, 2009, 08:53 AM
WOW!!! What a difference. It looks fantastic (in all of the pics, but esp. the last one). So, I'm curious -- did you comb at ALL after you washed your hair? Did you use any leave-ins? And, I'd like to know how many days it holds up looking like this and how you care for it (after today) to maintain the curls. Thanks!

Darscilla
December 24th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Ooooh, shiny wurlies! :bigeyes: That looks beautiful!

WelshLocks
December 24th, 2009, 10:29 AM
It looks beautiful!

Speckla
December 24th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Wow. Gorgeous hair. That's the best Christmas present of all!

Latin Tea
December 24th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Beautiful waves! I wish mine would 'scrunch' better! :)

ButterCup02
December 24th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! Love the curls!

Heavenly Locks
December 24th, 2009, 10:58 AM
My hair is envious! :)

:flower:

Awesome hair ...

xoxophelia
December 24th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Now I am excited to see how my hair will improve :)

What bad habits did you change.. or what did you do to get it looking so healthy?

spidermom
December 24th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Very pretty!

Zopheya
December 24th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Both your color and curls are beautiful!

InTheCity
December 24th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Looking gorgeous!
Care to do that to my hair for me? :p

paperwhite
December 24th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Super pretty! I wish constantly that I had hair that would even come close to looking like that! I'm seconding the major hair envy! That's enough exclamation points! :D

freckles
December 24th, 2009, 01:01 PM
you're definitely giving me curl envy! :D It looks great! :D

CaityBear
December 24th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Gorgeous curls! I'm definately jealous. My hair is as straight as it gets. I wish I could get curls like that. If I do they only last 5 minutes. :(

I love the colour as well. :)

Elistariel
December 24th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Wait, so is plopping only for naturally curly heads? I thought it was meant to make your hair culy?

LaurenH
December 24th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Wow! I love your beautiful curls! :)

marobader
December 24th, 2009, 02:40 PM
very beautiful hair good for you

little_acorn
December 24th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I love your curls - very pretty :flower:

julliams
December 24th, 2009, 03:58 PM
For Pixna and anyone else who wants more details:

Basically I washed with conditioner only as I had washed my hair with shampoo the day before. I rinsed out with cold water, squeezed excess water out, then got a towel and squeezed the the last drips out.

I squeezed a dollop of Giovanni Direct Leave-in onto my palm and spread it through my hair. Then using a wide tooth comb I combed through just to get any knots out.

I took my towel and held it in my hands and kind of dropped or plopped my hair into it. As if I was scrunching only the towel was between my hands and hair. I did this a few times over my whole head and then I just left it to dry. I tried my best not to touch it all.

This morning after a sleep my curls were not quite as nice, more flat and kind of pulled out so since it's Christmas I just did it again. It really doesn't take much time and being in Australia with the weather so hot, it's not taking as long to dry although at least an hour. While it's drying you don't think its' going to look all that great but then it seems to just dry nicely if you keep your fingers out of it.

My hair wasn't in bad condition back in September, it was just very dry and i have been doing SMT's about once a week since October. I honestly think it is in the drying process because my hair can look like the first picture if I airdry and brush.

I actually had a hairdresser tell me my hair was very brittle yesterday (my hair looked more like picture 2 during that day) to which I took great offense. I told her that actually it's just very thick course hair and actually it's not brittle at all. She backpedaled and said "I meant all hair is brittle" but I knew she was trying to put me in a place where I would buy anything to "fix it".

Juliette

Sissy
December 24th, 2009, 05:58 PM
your curls are looking beautiful... enjoy your Christmas Eve!

MissManda
December 24th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Wow, your hair looks absolutely stunning! :D

Leabhar
December 24th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Oh, wow. Gorgeous curls!

Aditi
December 25th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Gorgeous Curls and hair :thumbsup:

mellie
December 25th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the description! I want to try it today!! Merry Christmas!

Sarahmoon
December 25th, 2009, 06:07 AM
It looks so much better than when brushed, congratulations!

(My bf just looked over my shoulder and said: "I don't see the difference... Oh wait the hair is lighter on the first picture." Don't listen to him :D)

Pixna
December 25th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Thanks, Juliette!! I appreciate your sharing your "secrets" -- you've certainly given me something to aspire to! Your hair color is absolutely gorgeous, too. If you ever want to swap heads, just let me know!! :smirk:

redneckprincess
December 25th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Beautiful!!!

hmmm
December 25th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I don't know why I can't do this with my hair, but I want to!

Beets
December 25th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Super cute! Looks like you may have a new Xmas Eve tradition!

Xandergrammy
December 25th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Ooooh!! Your hair looks gorgeous!!!

redwoman
December 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Your hair is so pretty.

JCFantasy23
December 27th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I still plan on doing something for Christmas hair, but late. I aquired some ribbons - red, green, and white. Want to wrap in hair and bun up. The reason I haven't done it already and on time? Simple. Was at someone else's house the past few days and didn't have the privacy to practice, or the directions!

Chamomile betty
December 27th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Your hair is beautiful and I love the color.
Thanks for sharing.