PDA

View Full Version : My opposite of progress pics

granitbaby
April 26th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I love to watch progress pictures. There really is something special to see how hair grows and becomes more and more healthy. My pics shows the opposite of this.

In August last year I decided to be a henna drop out. I had been thinking of this for a very long time and the henna didn't feel like me any more. My roots were always neon orange and my ends were dry, brittle and had a very unflattering wine/burgundy colour. I was just time for a change.

I was lucky enough to find a hair dresser willing to help me, many hairdresser often refuse to bleach hennaed hair because of the varying results. In August I cut my hair from waist length to shoulder length and bleached over the remaining henna and in early December I cut of a couple of inches and some more bleaching done.

I'm actually happy with the result, even though two toned half orange hair is the look I prefer. :cool: My hairdresser did a very good job with the bleach so I don't have a harsh demarcation line and slowly my natural colour is growing out.

Of course I miss my long hair but I'm slowly getting there again.

This is how my hair looked a few month before the cut. Ends just touching waist:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/v02ekan/hrettr4.jpg

This is from January, the henna reflects the lighting so my natural colour looks extremely dull:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/v02ekan/28januari2007l18.jpg

I'm going to try posting more recent pics in my album in a few days.

It is the opposite of progress but now my dream of classic virgin hair finally can come true!

Druid of Alba
April 26th, 2008, 12:21 PM
It still loks really nice! Thank you for sharing!

KajiKodomo
April 26th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Congrats on going back to your virgin hair color! It looks great, nice and shiny! :D

Euphony
April 26th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I can see that was a very big decision for you. I'm happy you are doing what you want with your hair instead of fighting with something you don't want. I can see what you mean by the bottom being so dry, it looked as though it really needed a cut.

Congratulations on your brave decision, now you can grow the hair you want to grow.

eadwine
April 26th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for sharing and good for you to follow your dream!

granitbaby
April 26th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Thank you, Druid of Alba, KajiKodomo, Euphony and eadwine.:)

I remember the hairdresser asking me several times if I was sure I wanted to cut of all that hair. But the colour was't me, the henna dried my hair out and the henna made my wave pattern disappear.

I made the right decision, now I'm exited to see what my "real" hair looks like. I haven't grown undyed hair in ....almost 8 years!

granitbaby
April 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I really don't like the January photo so I charged my camera and took a new photo tonight. And yes, my hair is a bit greasy, had a peanut oil encounter yesterday...

Today
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/v02ekan/080426.jpg

DavidN
April 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Your hair looks wonderful, both before the cut and afterwards, Granitbaby. Thank you for sharing your story, and your natural colour is beautiful. The most important thing is that you are happy, and your hair looks very healthy now.

sweetkandi
April 26th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Im glad you are happy with your results. Your hair is very pretty. :)

Lixie
April 26th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Your hair looks great both ways, glad you're happy with your decision and the results. :)

jesamyn
April 26th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Your hair looks very healthy, even after the bleaching, which is a testament to how much you've taken care of it. Kudos on making what must have been a tough decision!

Xandergrammy
April 26th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I don't think your natural hair looks dull at all. I think it's a beautiful color and I look forward to watching it grow!!

granitbaby
April 27th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Thank you for your encouragement DavidN, sweetkandi, Lixie, jesamyn and Xandergrammy:)

I have realised the bleached parts needs a lot of pampering, I have to use twice as much oil as before and still my ends can feel dry.:mad:

Today my natural colour has grown down to my eyebrows,:cheese:

spidermom
April 27th, 2008, 12:23 PM
What is your natural color? I'm having a hard time with the pictures.

granitbaby
April 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM
What is your natural color? I'm having a hard time with the pictures.

I also have a have time telling myself;) I have believed I'm dark blond all my life, but now I have realised my colour is more on the light brown side. And at the nape of my neck it's actually dark brown.

Patrycja
April 27th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I'm very happy for you that you went back to your virgin hair.I wish I had enough patience and guts to do the same...

anyway-wonderful pictures and great going! :blossom:

justinekay
April 27th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Well done granitbaby,

Your hair looks gorgeous. I have been through similar experiences to you (I grew out waist-length hennaed hair about ten years ago , and am now near the end of growing out waist-length golden blonde dyed hair). My hair too is darker than I remembered it being, but isn't it nice gradually getting back to your natural colour? I'm thrilled for you - it's an exciting transition. The thing you'll really love is not being slave to root re-growth :-)

Ella
April 28th, 2008, 05:07 PM
you sure made the right decision

GlassEyes
April 28th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hahah, it still looks fairly healthy after the bleaching. ^_^ Congrats.

I will say I am furiously jealous of your henna color though. D: