PDA

View Full Version : Kind of funny work comment

lambhair
December 23rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Yesterday at work I was taking care of a patient who started calling me "Red" whenever I came in his room. This doesn't happen to me very often and I thought it was funny and nice that he was comfortable enough with me as his nurse to give me a nickname. Later on in the day he was transferred to another hospital and I got another gentleman as a patient...and the first thing HE says to me is, "What color is your hair?". I said, "it was red this morning, has it changed?". Then he said, "no, its MORE than red...its not auburn, not quite copper...I don't know what to call it...". An hour or so later I came in to check on him and he said, "Its CHESTNUT! Thats it!!" and he called me "Chestnut" the rest of the day.
Just kind of funny that 2 patients on the same day would give me a hair based nick name. Funnier still since I had my hair pulled back pretty tightly in a low bun (held with my gold and crystal Ficcare!), its not like it was loose or braided or anything. Made me smile all day.:)

Madame J
December 23rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
I wrote a fairy tale when I was in middle school about a girl named "Chestnut" with chestnut hair. It was like a Cinderella-type thing, and she ended up getting the prince over the evil blonde princesses in the kingdom (I had a lot of blonde classmates I didn't like).

hmmm
December 23rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
That's so sweet... it would have made me smile too :D

pepperedmoth
December 26th, 2009, 07:45 PM
*hijack* Woot, another nurse! Is there a group or a thread for us anywhere . . . ? Hi! And nice hair compliments . . . *end hijack

LittleOrca
December 26th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I wrote a fairy tale when I was in middle school about a girl named "Chestnut" with chestnut hair. It was like a Cinderella-type thing, and she ended up getting the prince over the evil blonde princesses in the kingdom (I had a lot of blonde classmates I didn't like).

You too? :rollin:

So your nickname is now Chestnut? I don't think I have any nicknames based on my hair :hmm: My neighbor's wife did call me Rapunzel once when she was drunk, but what long hair hasn't heard that one 50 times, lol.

redwoman
December 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
aaaakkkk!! How do you stand it?? I used to get called red when I was younger and I HATED it!! Its sweet he felt comfortable enough to call you that but still....Ok, so I am sour grapes.:poot:

ravenreed
December 26th, 2009, 09:02 PM
No one has ever called me Rapunzel, now I feel out!!

You too? :rollin:

So your nickname is now Chestnut? I don't think I have any nicknames based on my hair :hmm: My neighbor's wife did call me Rapunzel once when she was drunk, but what long hair hasn't heard that one 50 times, lol.

Hay22
December 26th, 2009, 09:50 PM
People are funny. At my previous job I had a coworker with red hair that our manager called "Red." When she dyed it dark brown, tired of the red jokes, he started calling her "Brownie."

CrisDee
December 27th, 2009, 03:58 AM
A couple people at work call me Red - I don't mind it at all, particularly from the one guy whose hair is also red :p

berr
December 27th, 2009, 05:28 AM
hijack

I thought only men were nicknamed 'chestnut'.

end hijack

Amara
December 27th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I think more blondes get the "rapunzel" thing. I haven't ever been called it. But most people don't know how long my hair is, that might have an effect.

Elainehali
December 27th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I used to work with several hispanic people. They called me something roughly translated to mean blondie.

When my hair went red they kept the name. :confused:

SpeakingEZ
December 27th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I've gotten "red" once or twice, but so many people called me "Fiona" that it's my standard nick-name now.....

<--That's me in my avatar

Debra83
December 27th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I've gotten "red" once or twice, but so many people called me "Fiona" that it's my standard nick-name now.....

<--That's me in my avatar

Cool Avatar!

Weird how when someone's hair colour changes, they keep the old hair colour nickname. I'm red, but I'm always ACCUSED of being blonde!!! More to do with my thought processes I guess!!!! (just kidding!!!). I used to be blonde, but noone said it then!!!! :D

apynip
December 27th, 2009, 06:48 PM
awe! thats really funny and cool.
Reminds me when my 6th grade science teacher called me scarlet( 6th grade) for a reason i dont know cause my natural hair(which it was at the time) has no red hue then after the harry potter movies came out she called me Hermie ( for hermione granger) cause my hair was POOF long wavy hair.