PDA

View Full Version : supplement: gamma-linoleic acid, linoleic acid, alpha linoleic acid

lesbia
December 23rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
hi everyone!
i have to take a supplement which contains gamma-linoleic acid, linoleic acid, alpha linoleic acid because of my dermatitis.
I know that these acids are good for hair...someone can explain me something more? Someone know what they do? thank you :)

LawyerGirl
December 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Omega-6 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids (EFAs). They are essential to human health but cannot be made in the body. For this reason, they must be obtained from food. Omega-3 fatty acids are another important group of essential fatty acids. Together, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function as well as normal growth and development. EFAs belong to the class of fatty acids called polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). They are generally necessary for stimulating skin and hair growth, maintaining bone health, regulating metabolism, and maintaining reproductive capability.

Link: http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/omega-6-000317.htm

lesbia
December 23rd, 2009, 09:45 AM
stimulating hair growth? really?? yeee! very very good! I'm happy :) for a while i had been afraid that this supplement could be bad for my hair...fantastic :D