PDA

View Full Version : Funny hair experience

SeaShell
December 22nd, 2009, 11:07 PM
I just wanted to share a funny experience I had last weekend...I was on a cruise to the Bahamas and enjoying some of the entertainment on board in the lounge; suddenly I felt something tugging on my hair over and over...I never saw what it was but a few seconds later this lady came running after her child and gave her a long talk on how she shouldn't pull random people's hair...then I knew what the tugging was! I guess my hair must be getting long if people run up and tug at it?! :o

anyone else had a similar experience they want to share? :p

SunshineHair
December 22nd, 2009, 11:43 PM
Hehe kids, you gotta love em!!!

I did wonder a few weeks ago how the heck I got toothpaste in my hair? But that isnt really too funny:o

peachrose
December 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
Cute! I remember as a child just fascinated by people's long hair, can't blame her!

ArienEllariel
December 22nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
I found fuzz from my socks in my hair today.. not sure how it got there.

Keildra
December 23rd, 2009, 12:46 AM
I found one of my hairs stuck in my husbands stuble

Das Siechtum
December 23rd, 2009, 01:36 AM
My ex GF's little daughter likes to play with my hair...with braids or with some strands when its open.

MissThorne
December 23rd, 2009, 06:40 AM
lol! Kids can be cute sometimes.

Reminds me of a few years back when I was taking the city bus with my mother. Some pre-teens starting touching my hair from the seat behind me. I had laquered chicken bones in my hair, so I can understand the curiousity..but the touching made me uncomfortable since their intention was to mock me, but now looking back I find it amusing.

I dont understand children...id never touch a stranger.lol

piratejenny23
December 23rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
many years ago i was at a big outdoor party thrown by a friend of mine from college. her sister and i had very similar hair--dark brown, straight, almost waist-length.

i was sitting cross-legged in the grass and a little girl came and plopped herself down in my lap, with her back to me; i think we were listening to some people playing music. after a few minutes, my friend's sister walked by, and the little girl stared at her for a few seconds, then slowly turned to look at me with absolute terror on her face...then BOLTED!!!
:run:

animals are always following me around and sitting on me, little kids come up to me and ask me millions of questions and tell me their life stories, and even screaming babies i barely know will often calm down and fall asleep when i hold them, so i wasn't too startled by the girl sitting in my lap...but my friend's sister had been babysitting her for years, and she thought that's whose lap she sat down in! and it was because of my hair!

Spike
December 23rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
I had laquered chicken bones in my hair, so I can understand the curiousity..

Uhm . . . more curiosity here. Lacquered chicken bones? PHOTOS??? Instructions?

Sorry about the threadjack, but I couldn't resist.

pinkbunny
December 23rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
My husband is always (jokingly) complaining about how he finds my long, stray hairs in strange places - the other day he came home and took his shoes and socks off and unraveled a lo-o-ong hair that was wrapped around his toe and had been bugging him all day!

I also get the occasional "Mommy! Look at that long hair!" as I pass people while shopping or running errands. I love the awe in their voice...

spidermom
December 23rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
At a party a couple of weekends ago, a young man with Down's syndrome came over and lifted the entire back of my hair and looked underneath, like he was maybe expecting a horse's butt under there or something. He wouldn't let go when his father told him to. He said "hair!" and kept his grip (but his dad kind of pried his fingers loose). Then the young man sat beside me and laid his head on my arm so I petted his head with my other hand and he yelled out to his dad "She hit me!"

katha
December 23rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
I know that "hair is EVERYWHERE" problem. My boyfriend finds at amusing though, and since he's doing to swiping of the floors most of the time, he found the stray ones quite useful - seems like they are gathering the dust bunnies around themselves, which makes using the broom easier. :D

rogue_psyche
December 23rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
How funny! I was at Disneyland and riding Pirates of the Caribbean when a little boy in the row behind me started petting my hair. I found it hilarious.

Islandgrrl
December 23rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Then the young man sat beside me and laid his head on my arm so I petted his head with my other hand and he yelled out to his dad "She hit me!"

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh. :o

Horrorpops
December 23rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
"She hit me"

That made me laugh too!

Fractalsofhair
December 23rd, 2009, 09:06 PM
XD. I have a very funny one from the time I had pink extensions for charity back in 8th grade.

In English class, one guy who sat behind me decided to pull on the pink extensions. He pulled one out, without my noticing, until I heard him screaming. He thought he had pulled out my real hair, and probably my scalp as well given the attached glue. I hadn't even noticed what he had done! It was quite funny!

MissThorne
December 24th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Uhm . . . more curiosity here. Lacquered chicken bones? PHOTOS??? Instructions?

Sorry about the threadjack, but I couldn't resist.

I was sick of the same old boring hairclips I had been using for some time, so I used chicken bones since I had cleaned some off earlier to make dolls. They were tied in with transparent elastics. They are interesting looking, which I love.